lOOKING TO BUY THIS COMBO 2014 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > lOOKING TO BUY THIS COMBO 2014

Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Reply
Unread 12-07-2013, 05:37 AM   #1
BRICK57
Registered User
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: PARKER, CO
Posts: 6
lOOKING TO BUY THIS COMBO 2014

I have put this package together and would like input, suggestions or ideas on what I have so far.

Jeep Grand Cherokee -
Limited Edition -
3.0 diesel engine -
Luxury group 2 -
Off road adventure 2 -
Exterior appearance by Mopar -
Uconnect 8.4 with nav -
single disc remote cd player.

I want the tow package and I think it is in the off road adventure 2 package but need to confirm one way or the other.

Do they offer a roof rack with the vehicle. Its probably there I couldn't find it.

The storage for the driver area is extremely limited, side door panel and a 3 inch by 6 inch space in the console. has anyone been creative and found any additional storage solutions, I looked at quadratec and didn't find any good ideas. don't need a ton of space but more than this.

BRICK57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2013, 06:03 AM   #2
mark090852
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Warriors Mark, PA
Posts: 19
Sounds like a nice vehicle. The cd player will be mounted in the center console, so you would gain some storage space by deleting the cd player option. Do you really need it? You can load all your music on your phone or a usb drive or a flash card and play them that way. Either way, you will have a nice vehicle and I'm sure you will enjoy it.
mark090852 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2013, 06:13 AM   #3
wxchaser
Member
 
wxchaser's Avatar
2014 WK 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: , NE
Posts: 277
Yes, the CD is a total waste of space but easily removed (or use the delete option if ordering). If you aren't ordering just do a search on jeep.com and specify the options you want - then do a nationwide search to find the one you want. I was able to find a replacement 2014 GC after a deer took out my '12 in early November. The one I bought was at a dealership within a stone's toss of Parker
wxchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2013, 06:49 AM   #4
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced
 
ColdCase's Avatar
2011 WK 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: New England
Posts: 3,894
The Limited will come with bright roof rails but the crossbars (sport utility bars) are sold separately as an accessory. See if the dealer will throw them in.

There is a compartment under the drivers seat, but I think your spec vehicle may fill it with modules. Dunno of any storage options near the drivers area, but deleting the CD will give you some space. Did you notice the little space in the dash center where is meets the console?
__________________
2011 Grand Cherokee Overland V8, 2009 Liberty Rocky Mt V6, 2000 Grand Cherokee Laredo I6, 1979 CJ7 I6 Quadratrac
ColdCase is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2013, 08:24 AM   #5
BRICK57
Registered User
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: PARKER, CO
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCase View Post
The Limited will come with bright roof rails but the crossbars (sport utility bars) are sold separately as an accessory. See if the dealer will throw them in.

There is a compartment under the drivers seat, but I think your spec vehicle may fill it with modules. Dunno of any storage options near the drivers area, but deleting the CD will give you some space. Did you notice the little space in the dash center where is meets the console?
I did notice it. I think the usb and memory card slots are in there. I'll check on the cross bars, thanks for the info.
BRICK57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2013, 04:52 PM   #6
fun2drive
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Niceville, Florida
Posts: 80
Here you go. Does come with the tow package see below
OFF-ROAD ADVENTURE II (AWY) N/A W/AWL [MSRP $1,795 / INV. $ 1,598] with EXF or EZH: [MSRP $2,495 / INV. $ 2,221]
• 220 Amp Alternator (BAJ)
• 7 and 4 Pin Wiring Harness (XF2)
• Class IV Receiver Hitch (XFH)
• Delete Rear Tow Hook (XC8)
• Elec LTD Slip Differential Rr Axle (DSF) (with 3.0L or 5.7L)
• Front Suspension Skid Plate (XEU)
• Fuel Tank Skid Plate Shield (XEE)
• Full Size Spare Tire (TBB)
• Heavy Duty Engine Cooling (NMC)
• P265/60R18 BSW AS On/Off Rd Tires (TP5)
• Quadra-Drive II 4WD System (AWB) (with 3.0L or 5.7L)
• Quadra-Lift (TM) Air Suspension (SER)
• Selec-Speed (TM) Control (BNK) (with 5.7L)
• Skid Plate Group (ADL)
• Steel Spare Wheel (WLB)
• Tow Hooks (XEA)
• Trail Rated Badge (MT2)
• Trailer Tow Group IV (AHX)
• Transfer Case Skid Plate Shield (XEF)
• Underbody Skid Plate (XF3)
fun2drive is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2013, 07:17 AM   #7
BRICK57
Registered User
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: PARKER, CO
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by fun2drive View Post
Here you go. Does come with the tow package see below
OFF-ROAD ADVENTURE II (AWY) N/A W/AWL [MSRP $1,795 / INV. $ 1,598] with EXF or EZH: [MSRP $2,495 / INV. $ 2,221]
220 Amp Alternator (BAJ)
7 and 4 Pin Wiring Harness (XF2)
Class IV Receiver Hitch (XFH)
Delete Rear Tow Hook (XC8)
Elec LTD Slip Differential Rr Axle (DSF) (with 3.0L or 5.7L)
Front Suspension Skid Plate (XEU)
Fuel Tank Skid Plate Shield (XEE)
Full Size Spare Tire (TBB)
Heavy Duty Engine Cooling (NMC)
P265/60R18 BSW AS On/Off Rd Tires (TP5)
Quadra-Drive II 4WD System (AWB) (with 3.0L or 5.7L)
Quadra-Lift (TM) Air Suspension (SER)
Selec-Speed (TM) Control (BNK) (with 5.7L)
Skid Plate Group (ADL)
Steel Spare Wheel (WLB)
Tow Hooks (XEA)
Trail Rated Badge (MT2)
Trailer Tow Group IV (AHX)
Transfer Case Skid Plate Shield (XEF)
Underbody Skid Plate (XF3)
Wow thank you very much for sending this to me. If you don't mind sharing where did you find a copy that you can print or copy and paste. I looked all over the Jeep web site, for a description of the options that I could copy or print. No such luck. The only place I could view them was when you build and price a vehicle a pop up gives you what's covered in the option.
BRICK57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2013, 07:37 AM   #8
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced
 
ColdCase's Avatar
2011 WK 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: New England
Posts: 3,894
The wk2jeeps.com site has a load of info on option content, features, pricing.
__________________
2011 Grand Cherokee Overland V8, 2009 Liberty Rocky Mt V6, 2000 Grand Cherokee Laredo I6, 1979 CJ7 I6 Quadratrac
ColdCase is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2013, 10:11 AM   #9
BRICK57
Registered User
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: PARKER, CO
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCase View Post
The wk2jeeps.com site has a load of info on option content, features, pricing.
Thank you for the idea. great website with all the info I needed. Makes it easier to understand what's included and not. I can also compare the std items from model to model and compare what packages are needed. The jeep website is very difficult to really get into the minutia. Now that Im armed with the facts I think Ill get the Overland with the Diesel, off road package 2, Exterior appearance group, and the disc player. I like the idea that the Uconnect 8.4 with nav is a stock item. Besides the Overland MSRP is only $2500 more than the Limited equally equipped. Thanks Again
BRICK57 is offline   Reply With Quote




Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.