Looking at a 2012 GC Overland w/Hemi -which 4WD system? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Looking at a 2012 GC Overland w/Hemi -which 4WD system?

Currie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 12-03-2013, 02:37 PM   #1
shudog
2012 WK 

Looking at a 2012 GC Overland w/Hemi -which 4WD system?

I'm thinking it should have the Quadradrive 2 since it's a Hemi Overland. That would be the only option, right? Is there any way to tell?

shudog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-03-2013, 03:48 PM   #2
LibGrandCher
2012 WK 

This page should have what you are looking for...

http://wk2jeeps.com/2012/2012_wk2_specifications.pdf
LibGrandCher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-03-2013, 04:32 PM   #3
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

When you press the start button, a drawing of a WK2 and "QuadraDrive" appear in the EVIC for at least a few seconds.

In 2011 the ELSD was standard on all Overland V8s but in 2012 I think it was standard only on the Summit; It was included with the V8 Off-Road Adventure II Group on any model, however. At least thats what this page says, and they are typically accurate: http://wk2jeeps.com/wk2_2012_features.htm

ELSD makes a QTII into a QDII. You can also crawl under the rear end and look for an electric motor hanging off the driver's side of the diff housing. The electric motor drives the clutches.

If the 2012 Overland has the ORA II option package it should also have trail rated badge(s) and probably 18 inch wheels.
Unread 12-03-2013, 06:10 PM   #4
shudog
2012 WK 

^thanks a ton. I don't want the ORA II package or the 18" wheels. Gotta have the 20's. That option list is pretty damn confusing but it basically confirms what I thought, if it's got the Hemi, it's got the Quadradrive. I'll doublecheck & look underneath to make sure.
Unread 12-05-2013, 05:04 PM   #5
phil385
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shudog View Post
^thanks a ton. I don't want the ORA II package or the 18" wheels. Gotta have the 20's. That option list is pretty damn confusing but it basically confirms what I thought, if it's got the Hemi, it's got the Quadradrive. I'll doublecheck & look underneath to make sure.
No technically the Hemi has nothing to do with it. On a 2012 if it has 20's only the Summit has Quadradrive. If it has 18's it has ORA II which obviously has QD. A V8 Overland with 20's can still only have QT.
Unread 12-08-2013, 06:54 PM   #6
shudog
2012 WK 

Well as confusing as all that is, I ended up getting this vehicle Saturday. I couldn't tell by looking underneath if the rear diff had the ELSD or not, no real obvious electric motor, looks the same as any other differential to me... but the startup screen on the dash says "Quadradrive" so that's good enough for me.
Unread 12-08-2013, 08:41 PM   #7
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

There has been a lot of wheel swapping, so a used WK2 with 20 inch wheels may or may not have come from the factory that way.
Unread 12-10-2013, 03:01 PM   #8
2kg4u
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shudog View Post
Well as confusing as all that is, I ended up getting this vehicle Saturday. I couldn't tell by looking underneath if the rear diff had the ELSD or not, no real obvious electric motor, looks the same as any other differential to me... but the startup screen on the dash says "Quadradrive" so that's good enough for me.
If you PM your VIN and email address to me, I will email you a complete factory build sheet for your vehicle. That way you will know for sure what your vehicle was originally equiped with. Of course, you can get it from Chrysler as well, but it may take a few days.
2kg4u is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.