Listening to Pandora via bluetooth - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Listening to Pandora via bluetooth

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 01-01-2012, 05:12 PM   #1
billybronco1
2011 WK 

Listening to Pandora via bluetooth

Can you listen the streaming music using the bluetooth in the 2011 GC instead of plugging into the aux input?

billybronco1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-01-2012, 05:23 PM   #2
WvTaco
2011 WK 

i have the 430n and a iphone4s i stream slacker radio with no problem and the other 4000 songs on my phone. u just have to pair it.
WvTaco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-01-2012, 11:04 PM   #3
Steelear
2005 WK 

Works on the 730n as well
Steelear is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-02-2012, 12:06 AM   #4
SPL170db

......and for what its worth, Slacker is 10x better than Pandora.
SPL170db is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-02-2012, 05:09 AM   #5
billybronco1
2011 WK 

I have the 730N and the phone is paired to the radio and works fine as a phone. How do I play streaming music with bluetooth
Unread 01-02-2012, 06:30 AM   #6
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

On the radio aux screen select devices, select your phone from the list, let it connect (may take two tries). On your phone play your music.
ColdCase is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-02-2012, 07:11 AM   #7
billybronco1
2011 WK 

I'm technically challenged I do not see any list on the AUX screen, really does not let me change anything
Unread 01-02-2012, 07:16 AM   #8
billybronco1
2011 WK 

If there is nothing plugged in to AUX I can't do anything - if I just plug the cable in to AUX it says auxiliary devices are available but I can't add anything or see a list - if I plug the phone in music comes out of the radio
Unread 01-02-2012, 08:55 AM   #9
lords47

Oh my god I'm so happy I read this thread!! Lol. Got it to work via Bluetooth on my 430n radio. Thanks for the tip!
Unread 01-02-2012, 08:56 AM   #10
WvTaco
2011 WK 

with phone paired, i go to i thinhk media the button under radio. and a soft button usually takes a second or two then u can push the aux it the third soft button to the right. then either hit play from phone of the radio. i perfer to control by phone.
WvTaco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-02-2012, 12:46 PM   #11
billybronco1
2011 WK 

my AUX does not light up (is grayed) so its not functional unless I plug a wire into the external AUX plug - I'm lost! If I go to blue tooth on my phone it sits there spinning on the devices line. Blue tooth phone works fine in the car
Unread 01-02-2012, 12:54 PM   #12
Greg012GCO
2012 WK 

make sure your phone is already paired via bluetooth. then go to am/fm/aux and hit aux. you should be able to pair your phone. then all music audio on your phone should stream to the system's speakers. there will be no controls on the screen except pause, but the steering wheel buttons do some stuff, like advance to the next song, and volume. sound is excellent.
Greg012GCO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-02-2012, 01:02 PM   #13
billybronco1
2011 WK 

When you said "paired" you only pair it once right? Like its paired and the uconnect phone works fine but I can not get any life out of the AUX button - does nothing
Unread 01-02-2012, 01:39 PM   #14
skremese
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybronco1 View Post
When you said "paired" you only pair it once right? Like its paired and the uconnect phone works fine but I can not get any life out of the AUX button - does nothing
What phone do you have?
skremese is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-02-2012, 01:43 PM   #15
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

What kind of phone? Devices can pair as either a phone or an entertainment device or both. When you pair a typical phone, it usually does both types of pairing at the same time.

You can tell from the pairing listed when you go to system set up and pairing menu. It should list all the devices that you have paired, including your phone. There are two icons on the left of the device name, one looks like a phone the other music. You will only be able to connect to the phone for playing media if the entertainment icon is shown (may have an red X through it because its not connected).

You may have to set up your phone to stream over bluetooth, delete the current pairing from the radio and pair again. If the phone gets paired as an entertainment device, it will show up in the aux menu as a device to select, otherwise it won't and you will have phone calls only.

I'm sure you would have noticed, but my phone always asks me if it OK to connect to the radio, and unless you acknowledge, it doesn't connect. So make sure you respond to all prompts on the phone.
ColdCase is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.