Limited vs Overland? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Limited vs Overland?

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 05-16-2015, 01:47 PM   #1
Joeybsmooth
2005 WK 

Limited vs Overland?

Performance wise..Besides the 20 vs 18 inch well. Would a 4x4 limited be that much different than a 4x4 Overland ? I don't care that much about the look of it .

NOTE: This is close the post I posted before , but I accidentally called the overland the outlander .. Don't no why.

Joeybsmooth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-16-2015, 02:02 PM   #2
sydneyman

depends on what you care about. you can get a lot of the options i like about my overland on a limited. quadralift, trail rated stuff, stereo, etc. the overland interior is what makes it for me though.
Unread 05-16-2015, 02:26 PM   #3
Joeybsmooth
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydneyman View Post
depends on what you care about. you can get a lot of the options i like about my overland on a limited. quadralift, trail rated stuff, stereo, etc. the overland interior is what makes it for me though.
I am just looking for performance stuff. I'm too poor to worry about anything else lol. Yeah I know the inside is a lot nicer, but right now I have a 05 limited so anything I get will be a super upgrade.
Unread 05-16-2015, 04:34 PM   #4
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

With the same engine, there are no driveline type performance differences between the limited and overland. Very little difference in features between a fully optioned limited and overland. The Overland may have some features standard that you may want that are extra cost on the Limited.

In fact, there are no engine or transmission performance difference between the Laredo and Overland, but the Overland/Limited transfer case provides better foul weather performance. I think you can only get a V6 in the Laredo, however.
Unread 05-16-2015, 04:37 PM   #5
Joeybsmooth
2005 WK 

Thanks, if that is the case. I guess I will just look for a Limited with Q.Lift and call it a day .
Unread 05-16-2015, 04:39 PM   #6
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

Look for one with the Off Road Adventure (ORA) option package, thats the only way to get QL in a Limited.
Unread 05-16-2015, 05:08 PM   #7
LJS8510
Web Wheeler

2015 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCase View Post
Look for one with the Off Road Adventure (ORA) option package, thats the only way to get QL in a Limited.
I hope he can find one, I searched for along time, looking for v8, & ORA II with either, I ended up ordering Overland. Among other standard things I liked was the powered mirrors. Adding up option cost on Limited made the Overland a good deal for me.

2015 WK II v8 Overland, Offroad Group II,- 2008 WK Limited 3.0 CRD, - 2003 WJ Laredo 4.7, - 2001 WJ Laredo 4.0, - 1999 WJ Limited 4.7-
LJS8510 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-16-2015, 07:38 PM   #8
2014RedHemiGC
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJS8510 View Post
I hope he can find one, I searched for along time, looking for v8, & ORA II with either, I ended up ordering Overland. Among other standard things I liked was the powered mirrors. Adding up option cost on Limited made the Overland a good deal for me.
Yes, that's why I had to order my Limited. Wanted the V8, QD2, ORA2, and QL and no sunroof - definite customer order.
2014RedHemiGC is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-16-2015, 05:55 PM   #9
Massimo

I got a limited because I didnt want air suspension. Its gunna break- and I didnt want the headaches
Massimo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-16-2015, 05:56 PM   #10
Massimo

But my limited has 5.7 and ALL options but leather dash and air suspension.- Was a special order
Massimo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-16-2015, 09:07 PM   #11
Reswob
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massimo View Post
I got a limited because I didnt want air suspension. Its gunna break- and I didnt want the headaches
Ditto. To me the Overland is all things that I DON'T want: air ride, wood steering wheel, shiny 20" wheels, and leather dash that is reported to fall apart in a couple years. My Limited has every bell and whistle except forward collision warning, and air ride. Which happily are the 2 features that I refused to have in my WK2.
Unread 07-16-2015, 09:39 PM   #12
JarJarBinks
2015 WK 

We currently have a 2015 Overland, which replaced a nicely equipped 2012 Limited.

The Overland is nice if you're in an area that gets deep snow, but I prefer the ride and handling of the steel spring Grand Cherokee Limited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massimo View Post
JarJarBinks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-24-2015, 08:14 PM   #13
jmc777
2015 WK 

I got the Limited to avoid the air suspension as well.
jmc777 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.