Lift or level? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Lift or level?

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 02-10-2012, 07:33 AM   #1
airborne89
2011 WK 

Lift or level?

I'm getting close to being ready for either a lift or a level and had some questions for those that have done either.

I'm not doing any hard core wheeling but I do have a couple areas where I go for either fishing or shooting that get me back into some rough areas. The last time I went out shooting the area required me to cross an old river bed. The only issue I had was some rubbing on the front lower bumper. The underside was untouched and the rear never came close. I believe an extra inch or inch and a half of lift would fix the problem.

I was looking at the RRO 1.75" level kit but am worried about rear end squat. I load out the read when I go out sometimes and I do have the load leveling suspension but am worried about that nose high look when loaded down. I also like a slight bit of rake. Anyone with just the level kit have this problem or any input?

The 2.5" lift is a bit more than I wanted or needed but if the nose is going to be high with just the level I'll go with the lift. Those with the lift why did you pick this option over the level?

Thanks.

airborne89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-10-2012, 03:37 PM   #2
MaineJeep11
2011 WK 

I can't speak to the jeep specifically, but I had a leveling kit on a Chevy Silverado and was unhappy because of the rear sag. I agree that I'd like the front of my Jeep to sit up a little higher but personally I'd do the lift if I were you. I think you will be disappointed with the rear sag. I thought about looking at the leveling kit for the Jeep as well but after what I went through with the truck, and seeing some pictures on here, I'd def. go lift. Good luck
MaineJeep11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-11-2012, 11:11 AM   #3
airborne89
2011 WK 

Thanks for the input. I'm leaning towards the lift because I worry about the nose high look.
Unread 02-11-2012, 11:23 AM   #4
TheSiltSurfer
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by airborne89
Thanks for the input. I'm leaning towards the lift because I worry about the nose high look.
Personally I'd rather have it nose high like a "prerunner" truck as opposed to A ss high. I had the rocky road lift on my 2011 it s almost level plus you get more Clarence.
Unread 02-13-2012, 11:05 PM   #5
Golden1

The lift really isnt that high. It gives it an aggressive stance and still maintains a stock feel. I put 278/65/18 Duratracs on XD Addicts and I love it. I have taken it out in the woods on various trails and have never found any terrain that made me the least bit nervous about off roading in a 45,000 dollar vehicle. Anyway, you will be happy with a lift.
forumrunner_20120213_230518.jpg  
Golden1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2012, 11:10 PM   #6
camaro307
2011 WK 

Finally a picture of a lifted JGC!! Thank you! I am guessing you are speaking of a suspension lift, and not just a body lift like many people do.
I'd love to have the suspension lift and raise my clearance up a bit. I don't do any super serious stuff off road, but my skid plates get scraped on the regular and I'd love it to be up higher.
camaro307 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2012, 11:19 PM   #7
Golden1

Yes it is a suspension lift. It physically pushes your lca's and creates more groud clearance and steeper entry and exit angles, plus it looks mean. Its not easy to do at home, so make sure youre prepared before you dig in. lol
Golden1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2012, 12:49 AM   #8
Jackal01

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden1 View Post
Yes it is a suspension lift. It physically pushes your lca's and creates more groud clearance and steeper entry and exit angles, plus it looks mean. Its not easy to do at home, so make sure youre prepared before you dig in. lol
Mine is coming in next week! I called RRO today and I am numero uno on the list for the next shipment this week. Stoked. I am paying a shop to do it for about $275 including bwoody extended sway bars.
Jackal01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2012, 08:55 AM   #9
airborne89
2011 WK 

Great picture. Exactly what I was looking for. Guess I'll go with the lift. Thanks.
Unread 02-14-2012, 09:34 AM   #10
mike76CJ5

1976 CJ5 

looks great! now tint those front windows!! .... and get the rock rails

1976 CJ5 Renedade Levis Edition
2012 WK2 Overland
mike76CJ5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-08-2012, 05:11 PM   #11
fast1al

Anyone with the lift and larger tires...has your fuel ecomony gone down? What about ride quality and handling? Thanks!
fast1al is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-08-2012, 05:16 PM   #12
Jackal01

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast1al
Anyone with the lift and larger tires...has your fuel ecomony gone down? What about ride quality and handling? Thanks!
MPG drop, yes...with larger tires and a lift it will drop but don't know specifics since my speedo is still not reprogrammed. Not sure how to go about fixing that besides the dealer and not seeing programmers for the V6. Ride quality, handling, etc all stayed the same. My new tires have a taller sidewalk which helps with the ride. I also added extended sway bar links so that helped also. It was a good investment. Compliments everyday.

Jackal01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.