Lift Kits - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Lift Kits

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 09-23-2014, 12:10 PM   #1
BadWK2
2014 WK 

Wk Lift Kits

I know there are probably a ton of lift kit threads on here but I figured id start another one. What are some good lift kits anywhere from 3" and up for the 2014?

BadWK2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-23-2014, 12:41 PM   #2
XJ2WK2
2011 WK 

ibtl
XJ2WK2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-23-2014, 01:23 PM   #3
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

None 3 inches, unless you are into major modification thats not going to happen. 2 1/2 by rocky road. Be patient as perhaps EMU will be out with something soon.
Unread 09-23-2014, 01:40 PM   #4
BadWK2
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCase View Post
None 3 inches, unless you are into major modification thats not going to happen. 2 1/2 by rocky road. Be patient as perhaps EMU will be out with something soon.
Yea found that out after i started digging a little more. Thanks ill be on the lookout
Unread 09-23-2014, 07:50 PM   #5
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryogen View Post
The overland on or2 is so stiff its not even fun
Or1 is usable but Barely
Really its only really usable on rough terrain on regular ride height. Wtf.
Although a bit off topic, That's pretty much consistent with what's been posted here over the last three years. Use OR2 only when you need the ground clearance and when very slow going. Most find OR2 ok as far as ride and is the typical choice for trail riding. You need to slow down perhaps if you think it's too rough. For fast going, normal height is much better.
Unread 09-23-2014, 07:58 PM   #6
kryogen

I tried OR2 on a trail and it was so rough I was getting thrown all around the seat.

Should I air down the tires or something when on a trail? I had the forteras at 36 psi...

Or maybe I should get off road tires when I plan to go off road? and air down to what?
kryogen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-23-2014, 09:39 PM   #7
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

Quote:
I tried OR2 on a trail and it was so rough I was getting thrown all around the seat.

Should I air down the tires or something when on a trail? I had the forteras at 36 psi...

Or maybe I should get off road tires when I plan to go off road? and air down to what?
Thats what most are saying. Airing down does not help, the only thing that works is to slow to an appropriate speed.. something like a crawl.. slow enough that you are not being thrown around. It does not appear to be a race truck suspension.
Unread 09-24-2014, 06:41 AM   #8
BadWK2
2014 WK 

Does anyone with the RRO kit know how big of tires i can fit after the lift? I've got the 20" Altitude rims and I've heard i can go 32"?
Unread 09-24-2014, 07:01 AM   #9
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

Check the wheel and tire threads for background. Its complicated and depends on the wheels you use, but so called 32s should fit without rub. You can go larger by bending back pinch welds and trimming the liner.
Unread 09-24-2014, 10:16 PM   #10
polizei

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCase View Post
Check the wheel and tire threads for background. Its complicated and depends on the wheels you use, but so called 32s should fit without rub. You can go larger by bending back pinch welds and trimming the liner.
Yep...depends on the tires AND the wheels. Some have fit 33"s, but I would venture to guess 99% of the people are running an actual OD of 32".

Note * depending on your combo, you may be required to bend the pinch weld. I researched and was told I wouldn't have to, well...I did! Just be prepared for that.
Unread 09-27-2014, 08:18 AM   #11
gabbagabba
2014 WK 

if you go with a 255 width you can run a 32" w/o a lift and with a lift zero issue. Mine are even fine in park height on QL. OR2 is for short term use at crawl speed off road to clear something or water crossing. OR1 is where I leave it and it will def ride better AIRED down. I like 20-22# off road.
gabbagabba is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-29-2014, 01:54 PM   #12
overland_HO
2013 WK 

Quote:

I air down my silent armors to 18-20 psi when we hit Moab or local. Yes ORII is rough but has pretty decent clearance but that setting is only intended for crawling at lower speeds. When we were on the trails I alternate between ORI and ORII depending on the obstacle and the trail. It is IFS / IRS so not much articulation, but it is a different animal to wheel that's for sure.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.