Lift Installed - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Lift Installed

ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Even Better Heim Pricing! From Ruffstuff

Unread 12-28-2013, 08:47 PM   #1
mcwushu
2012 WK 

Lift Installed

Installed the RRO 2.5" lift yesterday and new wheels and tires on today, love it. 20x9 +25 offset American Eagle alloys with 295/55/r20 Nitto Trail grapplers. Had to bend pinch welds to fit the tires, but overall it fits and runs great.

image-3774083753.jpg

mcwushu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-28-2013, 10:46 PM   #2
Medpilot
2014 WK 

Looks good!
Medpilot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-28-2013, 11:22 PM   #3
Gamez904
2014 WK 

I see those picture did there job. Looks good man.
Gamez904 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-29-2013, 07:28 PM   #4
smack2020
2007 JK Wrangler 

How is the ride? Your jeep looks awesome. I also have a white one.
Unread 12-30-2013, 12:57 PM   #5
hur1ey02
2011 WK 

how loud are the trail grapplers? I have the terra grapplers and they are almost as quiet as stock. They're holding up well, but I figure I have about 6 months left on them. I'm considering going with a beefier tire since the Jeep is only on the road during snow/beach trip.

Your jeep looks nasty, btw!
2004 TJ RME (Flame Red)
hur1ey02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-30-2013, 02:10 PM   #6
1slosvt
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Looks great! Let's see some more pics!!!
1slosvt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-31-2013, 01:39 PM   #7
Eviltwin06
2013 WK 

That looks good. Everytime I finally decide to just level mine someone goes and makes another good looking lifted one. MCWUSHU - if you get a change PM me. We are in the same area, i'd love to see your jeep first hand. My wallet may not like it but it does look good.
Eviltwin06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-31-2013, 03:52 PM   #8
mcwushu
2012 WK 

It rides surprisingly well, handles pretty similarly to stock with a little more sway in turns. Just made a 900 mile trip up to Colorado and I don't have a single complaint except for gas mileage.

Tires are also quiet for how beefy they are. This is my first set of true mud terrains, but they sound similar to the BFG all terrains I had on my '93 Cherokee. They have so much grip, you can feel them pull slightly on heavy acceleration.

I'll post some more pictures when I get back from the Colorado trip. For now here's my grill I re-dipped using their new sprayer.

image-4135513117.jpg
Unread 12-31-2013, 04:14 PM   #9
eibyer

Is the gas mileage drop from the beefier tires? I want to try the plasti dip next, youtube makes it look so easy hehe.
eibyer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-31-2013, 07:11 PM   #10
mcwushu
2012 WK 

Yea, the gas mileage has dropped about 4 mpg, just way heavier tires, more friction, and may have slightly higher drag coefficient from the lift but I would assume that is negligible.
Unread 01-01-2014, 08:37 AM   #11
gabbagabba
2014 WK 

with the mpg drop how did you do your math as the distance on the odometer/EVIC is an underestimate with the new OD? Off the top of my head w/o doing the real math I would guess your new OD is about 6-8% more? are those 33's?
gabbagabba is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2014, 07:39 AM   #12
nubby105
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcwushu View Post
It rides surprisingly well, handles pretty similarly to stock with a little more sway in turns. Just made a 900 mile trip up to Colorado and I don't have a single complaint except for gas mileage.

Tires are also quiet for how beefy they are. This is my first set of true mud terrains, but they sound similar to the BFG all terrains I had on my '93 Cherokee. They have so much grip, you can feel them pull slightly on heavy acceleration.

I'll post some more pictures when I get back from the Colorado trip. For now here's my grill I re-dipped using their new sprayer.

Attachment 958337
How easy was it to get the grill off? Need to remove the bumper?
nubby105 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2014, 08:30 AM   #13
Jackal01

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nubby105 View Post
How easy was it to get the grill off? Need to remove the bumper?
No. The grille just pops off. Just need to raise the hood. I cannot remember if there are any clips holding the top part down but if there are they just pop out. Then just take a flat head or pry bar and gently pry the grille out. The vertical, black slats are not attached to the grille so don't try to get those off.

Jackal01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-08-2014, 11:43 AM   #14
Medpilot
2014 WK 

I wonder how that set-up would look on a model with factory air suspension?
Medpilot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-08-2014, 12:35 PM   #15
mcwushu
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbagabba View Post
with the mpg drop how did you do your math as the distance on the odometer/EVIC is an underestimate with the new OD? Off the top of my head w/o doing the real math I would guess your new OD is about 6-8% more? are those 33's?
Initially, from the tire sizes I just incorporated the 8% increase in diameter throughout further calculations. I assumed this for speedometer readings as well, i.e. 70 = 75-76. After using GPS to track speed against what the dash was reading I got about 5.7% increase +- 1% given uncertainty from GPS.

From this I've gone with 6.5% increase, in both speedo readings and odometer readings.

Odo averaged about 19 mpg hwy before lift/tires, and after trip to CO it read 14.3 using my 6.5% factor (1.065) gave me 15.22 ~ 4 mpg less

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.