Let me know if I'm getting a good deal on a used '11 or '12. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Let me know if I'm getting a good deal on a used '11 or '12.

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Safety Thimble FairleadsEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 08-17-2013, 09:42 AM   #1
Its_Pat

Let me know if I'm getting a good deal on a used '11 or '12.

Hey all, I've been thinking about getting a WK2 for a while and I've finally started to actually go and get some numbers on a few. From your experience, let me know if I'm getting a good deal or not.

I've found 2 4x4 Grand Cherokee Overlands that I like, a 2011 with 28k miles for and a 2012 with 32k miles both for $36,000 including everything (tax, title etc).

Are these good prices or should I keep looking? I've been browsing for a while but it's pretty difficult comparing prices on the internet because are willing to negotiate and some not. What do you think? Go for it or wait for a better deal? Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

Its_Pat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-18-2013, 06:45 PM   #2
woollyB
2011 WK 

I bout a Laredo X last week, which is how I came across this forum. Don't know if that's a good price on Overland. Hope this helps:

I checked suggested pricing on kbb.com for private/trade-in/retail, as well as edmunds.com has an estimated true market value. I also used autotrader.com to get a sense of actual inventory/pricing within a few hundred miles of my home. By the time I went to the dealer I was confident that the advertised (internet) price on the JGC I was going to look at was a good price. I knew that I wasn't going to haggle over every last dollar, but was able to negotiate a slightly better price and a better-than-expected trade-in value.
woollyB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2013, 07:28 AM   #3
pwrdbym

I paid $37,900 before tax on a brand new 2013 Overland in March. I think those prices are high. Is the $36k the asking price or the price after haggling? Offer $33k.
pwrdbym is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2013, 11:56 AM   #4
hemispin
2014 WK 

What engine and options?
hemispin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2013, 12:36 PM   #5
overland_HO
2013 WK 

Seems pretty high to me too, I paid 37500 minus tax's, etc. for my Trailhawk and it was brand new...Find a left over '12 or '13 somewhere and I bet you could get new for that type of pricing. As mentioned above, what are the options?
Unread 08-20-2013, 10:01 AM   #6
Its_Pat

Dealer price was 33.9k. It was an overland 4x4 with the 5.7 and most options. I did some looking around and didn't find much that was cheaper so I just went for it. Edmunds KBB and NADA gave prices all over the place from 30k to 40k so they werent all that much help. Looking back it probably would've been better to just pay an extra 5k or so to go new but I couldn't find any 2013s around with all the options I wanted. Thanks for the help though guys!
Its_Pat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-20-2013, 01:20 PM   #7
overland_HO
2013 WK 

Well if its what ya want and it's a good deal then get it! Prices vary from regions, states, etc. Sounds like a real nice GC though. The Overland's are very nice and combined with the HEMI
Unread 08-22-2013, 04:32 AM   #8
pwrdbym

Awesome. If it's what you wanted and you were comforatable with the purchase then don't worry about it.
Enjoy.
pwrdbym is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-24-2013, 12:31 AM   #9
Tortuqa
2011 WK 

I just bought a fully loaded 2011 overland with 43K miles for $28,950 before tax and fees. But it sounds like you are getting a pretty fair deal.
Tortuqa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-24-2013, 05:19 AM   #10
Jpiwonski
2011 WK 

I got a 2011 limited with luxury 2 package and 19k miles for $33000 back in march but I had to go to Virginia to get it.
Jpiwonski is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-26-2013, 10:56 PM   #11
jschnelk
2012 WK 

For what it is worth, I picked up my 2012 Limited in April here in Michigan for $34,500. It only had 8,000 miles on it. Hemi, Luxury Group, Trailer Tow Group IV, chrome package, running boards, etc. Pretty much an Overland without the Overland interior, adaptive cruise and air suspension.

I looked a long time and was shocked at what 2011 and 2012's were selling for. I bought mine the same day the prior owner traded it in and was pretty happy with the price. Here in Michigan used 2011 and 2012's have been hard to come by.
jschnelk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.