leaving a dog in the car.. alarm off - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > leaving a dog in the car.. alarm off

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 03-14-2014, 05:27 PM   #1
abz_jeep
2012 WK 

leaving a dog in the car.. alarm off

Hi, I have a 2012 limited and cannot work out how to disable the internal sensor so I can look the car when my dog is in the boot. If I lock the car the dog triggers the alarm. Is there any way to do this.

abz_jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-14-2014, 06:02 PM   #2
PhillyAnt

There is an internal sensor? That's good to know. I don't have my Summit yet but I know there will be times when I want to leave my dog in there. I usually have my car running when I do, so I am not sure I will run into the same problem. That's a great question though.
PhillyAnt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-14-2014, 07:42 PM   #3
Dave2002ti
Web Wheeler
2012 WK 

Must be

only on the Limited and up in the options. My 2012 Laredo X doesnt do it since I have left my dogs in their crates with no problems numerous times. Good thing the alarm isnt triggered by any interior noise or my 2yo boy would set it off. His bark is very deep since he is intact and will remain so.
Dave2002ti is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-14-2014, 09:04 PM   #4
JeepGC6855
2014 WK 

My 2014 Limited doesn't have an alarm sensor inside the vehicle and I don't think the owners manual says anything about a sensor. Is you alarm a factory alarm?
Unread 03-15-2014, 05:34 AM   #5
97HMCS
2012 WK 

Export WK2's do.
97HMCS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2014, 03:57 PM   #6
abz_jeep
2012 WK 

Car is a standard UK specification. If the dog stays still all is fine, if he moves to the window then the alarm goes of. He is a boxer, so largeish but not enough to trigger any tow away sensor, assuming it has one.
abz_jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.