Is this leather wear normal ? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Is this leather wear normal ?

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 06-18-2014, 01:50 PM   #31
David1
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsled View Post
That may be a good thing as far as ripping in the future as the leather now has extra slack causing less stretching/pulling . Like a overweight person's skin when they lose alot of weight . So to speak
It is not good. The stretched area is now starting to pucker up and not lay flat. It is better leather that what was used a few years ago but not great leather. These will look like any other GC leather from a few years ago when these get older.

David1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2014, 03:22 PM   #32
b-kul
2011 WK 

IME even crap leather will last a while. My first car was a 1995 Avalon with leather seats. Only in the last year did the driver seat actually rip. Never maintained it either. Take some time to keep it clean and i should last a long time.
b-kul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2014, 10:57 AM   #33
orthogod1

Leather

Mine looks just like that..
orthogod1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.