Laredo Keyless Ignition? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Laredo Keyless Ignition?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 08-13-2010, 02:23 PM   #1
danbo

Laredo Keyless Ignition?

Does the base Laredo actually have keyless ignition or just keyless entry doors? I ask because I test drove the Laredo with the x package and there was a start button. But yesterday I noticed a base Laredo and there appeared to be a plastic hole instead of the button. Just curious!

danbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2010, 07:34 PM   #2
sost1sg
2012 JK Wrangler 

I have the 2011 Laredo E with Security and Convenience Group and it has the keyless ignition as well as keyless entry.
sost1sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2010, 07:55 AM   #3
Dabitz

Ha, ha... funny story here... I bought a Laredo and thought it didn't come with the keyless ignition so I was using my key. While sitting at Target's parking lot I read on the display "press brake pedal and push button to start" (I didn't have a button). So I pressed on the pedal and inserted my finger into the ignition and the car started. LOL. After further research I found the button in the glove compartment.
Dabitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2010, 08:56 AM   #4
danbo

That is funny, I never realized the buttons were even removeable like that! When I saw the keyhole on the base Laredo I wondered if Jeep left that option off that model trim!
Unread 08-17-2010, 06:48 AM   #5
Bernhoff
2011 WK 

I love the feature. Have issue when I trade with my Wife, So love the idea of never having to take the key out of my Pocket.
Bernhoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2010, 06:57 AM   #6
danbo

3 years ago the gas prices were high, and my local Jeep dealers weren't able to give me a deal I was happy with on a new lease. So I decided to try a car for a change, and it was only going to be three years I told myself. The day I picked my Nissan Altima up and drove it off the lot I regretted it. Don't know what I was thinking! But the only thing that kept me sane those three years was the keyless feature. I didn't think it was that great of an option until I got used to it. Glad it is available in Jeep now, now I just hope I can get a decent price for one.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.