K&N for WK2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > K&N for WK2

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at Baselin

Unread 12-21-2010, 05:21 PM   #1
darkrt
2014 WK 

K&N for WK2

For those who might be interested. K&N now has a drop in filter for the WK2. Part # 33-2457. Fits 5.7 and 3.6.

darkrt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-21-2010, 06:53 PM   #2
getoutandplay
2011 WK 

Woohoo! Thanks!!!
getoutandplay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-23-2010, 05:21 AM   #3
mchassler
2011 WK 

33-2457 - K&N Replacement Filters, Replacement Air Filter (5.7) $49.99. Just ordered mine.
1998 ZJ, Mopar Crate V8, Custom 9" Lift w/ 35" BFG MTs (sold Dec '08)
mchassler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-31-2010, 11:30 AM   #4
getoutandplay
2011 WK 

Received and installed. One of the best and cheapest upgrades one can make.

Old:

New:

Comparison:

Unread 12-31-2010, 12:41 PM   #5
darkrt
2014 WK 

Thanks for the pics. I've got one ordered. The wife wont let me mod her jeep, but I have the Challenger to play with. I just got the drop in for the convenience of having a cleanable filter. I dont expect much inprovement in anything, if any. Wanted exhaust and CAI, but she likes it quiet.

Last edited by darkrt; 01-04-2011 at 05:35 PM..
Unread 12-31-2010, 01:41 PM   #6
CTO1
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by getoutandplay View Post
Received and installed. One of the best and cheapest upgrades one can make.
Any change in performance? It certainly looks like more air is going to get through.
CTO1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-31-2010, 01:49 PM   #7
getoutandplay
2011 WK 

I actually haven't driven it yet. Lazy day...

I bet quite a bit more air passes through but I am not sure it will be enough to tell a big difference.
Unread 12-31-2010, 02:10 PM   #8
darkrt
2014 WK 

Intake and exhaust go hand and hand. An intake with a restrictive exhaust like on the WK2 is not going to see much gain over factory, if any. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Unread 12-31-2010, 07:12 PM   #9
sost1sg
2012 JK Wrangler 

Please let us know if any noticeable difference. Will order one if so.
sost1sg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-01-2011, 07:45 PM   #10
john07slade
2011 WK 

You might get a couple of HP max. 2 HP out of 350 or so, won't even notice it.
john07slade is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-01-2011, 08:41 PM   #11
SPL170db

I would think to really feel any noticeable difference you'd need a cold air intake, less restrictive exhaust and probably a bigger throttle body. Not to mention the new fly-by wire throttle on these things makes the repsonse feel somewhat restricted I find.
SPL170db is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-01-2011, 09:13 PM   #12
JTS97Z28

getoutandplay,
I dont think a K&N filter the cheapest and best upgrade one can make. Im not trying to be an a$$ or anything or make you feel bad about your purchase, but your taking out a OEM air filter with superior filtration capabilities compared to the K&N and putting in one that will make no noticeable difference in performance, allow more debris to enter, the hassle of having to clean and re-oil (which also tends to get on intake sensors if over oiled), costs more money etc etc.
Im not saying using a K&N will destroy your motor because that would just be stupid to say, but I dont see any real benefits of using one especially in a Grand Cherokee. Im not saying I have never used a K&N or some sort of cold air kit, but that was in my Corvettes and stuff like that. In a Jeep, I will take the one that filters better any day :-) To answer everyones question no you will not notice any increase in performance with a K&N, and if you do its your mind playing games on you because you spent $45+ on it!

ok im done being a negative nancy sorry long day at work haha.
JTS97Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-01-2011, 10:45 PM   #13
newjeeper11
2011 WK 

It could help ever so slightly with gas mileage but no performance gains, however, this Hemi needs any help it can get with mpg's!!! Best I've seen is 18 mpg on a long highway trip. In previous cars I've seen up to 2 mpg improvement on highway commuting with the K&N.
newjeeper11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-01-2011, 11:17 PM   #14
SPL170db

Quote:
Originally Posted by newjeeper11 View Post
It could help ever so slightly with gas mileage but no performance gains, however, this Hemi needs any help it can get with mpg's!!! Best I've seen is 18 mpg on a long highway trip. In previous cars I've seen up to 2 mpg improvement on highway commuting with the K&N.

But if you are pulling in more air won't the car add more fuel to compensate in order to maintain a/f ratio? So it would stand to reason that you'll get reduced gas mileage because along with more air is more fuel that gets used.
SPL170db is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-02-2011, 06:07 AM   #15
JTS97Z28

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPL170db View Post
But if you are pulling in more air won't the car add more fuel to compensate in order to maintain a/f ratio? So it would stand to reason that you'll get reduced gas mileage because along with more air is more fuel that gets used.
Good point unless the computer doesn't recalibrate then your left with a slightly leaner running engine which I guess would get you a few extra miles. Only way to really tell would be to do some real life tests.
JTS97Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.