K&N, Pedal & Slush Mat install - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > K&N, Pedal & Slush Mat install

We have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplieIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineIron Cross Customer JK and TJ Wrangler Bumpers now at ROCK

Unread 01-08-2011, 04:49 PM   #1
mchassler
2011 WK 

K&N, Pedal & Slush Mat install

Hey everyone, my slush mats and pedal covers came in and I installed them this afternoon so I figured id share a few pictures. I didn't get to my Door Sill plates or Chrome Fog Bezels - got to cold and dark out.

Also, I also installed my K&N so I will keep everyone posted if I see an increase in gas mileage over the next few fill-ups.

I apologize for the quality, pics from my iP4.

2011-jeep-003.jpg   2011-jeep-007.jpg  
1998 ZJ, Mopar Crate V8, Custom 9" Lift w/ 35" BFG MTs (sold Dec '08)
mchassler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-08-2011, 04:52 PM   #2
darkrt
2014 WK 

Looks sharp!
darkrt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-08-2011, 06:32 PM   #3
volvite
1999 WJ 

I like the factory slush mats. They have deeper channels then the other brands and looks to hold dirt/water/mud better.
volvite is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-09-2011, 05:18 PM   #4
jaypopes
2011 WK 

Pedal covers look great - any issues installing?
jaypopes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-09-2011, 05:26 PM   #5
Slingshot12
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypopes View Post
When I installed mine it was in the 40's, it really helped to put both pedals in hot water to make them more plyable, the instructions only says to put the brake in hot water.
Slingshot12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-10-2011, 03:21 AM   #6
Marcus86GLHS

i see the slush matts have the expected attorney-inspired warning embossed into them.

the labryith patterns looks like it allows fluids to eventually drain out the aft-most edge of the matt and wont contain spills totally like the weather-tec designs do.

2002 Wrangler Sahara, black, 4.0L, 5-speed, Dana 44 rear axle with Trac Loc LSD, duel tan tops, Canyon wheels with Wrangler Silent Armors. 75,000 miles, 2nd owner.
Marcus86GLHS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-10-2011, 08:56 AM   #7
mchassler
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypopes View Post
When I did the install it was in the high 20's/low 30s. I also put each pedal in hot water. I'd say it took took 10-15 min.

And, it doesn't seem like much but the extra rubber over the place of a "dead pedal" (or lack thereof) made my ride more comfortable (I've posted about finding a comfortable seating position before).

As far as the K&N is concerned... I didn't drive Saturday evening or Sunday after I installed it so this morning was my first ride. And, when I left for work this morning (same routine, remote start about 2-min before I leave, get in and go, 6:30am) the engine didn't seem as restricted as it has (2600 miles). And today it was 19-deg. Last week we were in the high 20's in the morning. Again, this just the first, initial drive/impression. I didn't bother looking at my MPG because I have a 13-mile, 45-min commute. I'll wait until next fill-up.
Unread 01-10-2011, 11:20 AM   #8
therritz
2011 WK 

Nice! How do you like the pedal covers so far? Does it feel like it gives you a better pedal feel? I've got big feet and always have on dress shoes so they're always slipping off the pedals...

Glad the mats covered the dead pedal area (or where one SHOULD be). My mats should arrive this week, they're a different brand, but I'll be sure to post some pics!
therritz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-12-2011, 12:24 AM   #9
Slingshot12
2011 WK 

Dresses on your shoes... that could be your problem! LOL
I think you'll like the pedal covers, my leather sole shoes don't slip on the pedals.
Unread 01-12-2011, 06:49 AM   #10
mrpositraction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus86GLHS View Post
the labryith patterns looks like it allows fluids to eventually drain out the aft-most edge of the matt and wont contain spills totally like the weather-tec designs do.
LOL, what are you doing? Filling them with water and then not driving around? What do you think driving around is going to do to this standing water? You put a bowl of water in the vehicle only filled 1/3 of the way up and it would spill.
Unread 01-12-2011, 07:18 AM   #11
kolky
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I put the slush mats in mine too as well as the rear cargo slush mat. I really like them.
[COLOR="Yellow"][SIZE="3"]Yellow Jeep Club #1224[/SIZE][/COLOR]
kolky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-12-2011, 02:45 PM   #12
therritz
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingshot12 View Post
I think you'll like the pedal covers, my leather sole shoes don't slip on the pedals.
HA! Well played, Sir...well played...
therritz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-13-2011, 08:04 AM   #13
mchassler
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus86GLHS View Post
i see the slush matts have the expected attorney-inspired warning embossed into them.

What are you doing when driving? Are you drinking too much coffee and then being too lazy to stop into a rest station Actually, we just had a few inches of snow here in Baltimore and the mats handled all of the slush and snow from my boots just fine. From what I can tell the standing water didn't hatch a plan to escape the mat through one end in order to reach the coveted carpet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingshot12 View Post
I am not even sure what this means... I MUST have missed something. But, the pedal covers are pretty nice and worked well with the recent snowy conditions.
Unread 01-14-2011, 07:20 AM   #14
Slingshot12
2011 WK 

I am not even sure what this means... I MUST have missed something. But, the pedal covers are pretty nice and worked well with the recent snowy conditions.[/QUOTE]

Just your sense of humor!! LOL

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.