Just ordered 2012 Laredo X Yesterday! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Just ordered 2012 Laredo X Yesterday!

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete

Unread 11-20-2011, 07:57 AM   #1
fotomatt1

Just ordered 2012 Laredo X Yesterday!

I just ordered my new 2012 Laredo X yesterday. It's a car the dealer has inbound, so I should have it in a few days. It's Black on Black, Hemi, mopar chrome edition, polished aluminum wheels, moonroof, power liftgate, tow package and 430n Nav. Can't wait to get it!

The downside is that this car is parked outside 24/7. Just wondering what wax everybody uses? I'm looking for something that will last a long time between applications. Any suggestions?

fotomatt1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-20-2011, 10:21 AM   #2
peckmv

Any good quality wax with lots of carnauba wax in it will do. I prefer either Mothers or Meguiars. Keeping the vehicle clean is the best prevention. Dirt has acids and corrosive salts in it and that attacks the finish. UV light is also an enemy so get a wax with UV blockers. Hope this helps.
peckmv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-20-2011, 06:12 PM   #3
sinned

ultima paintguard synthetic polymer, outlasts carnuba. shine and gloss is debatable but protection wise it can't compare...
sinned is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-20-2011, 06:20 PM   #4
Cegan

Zymol is the only wax I use. Had a 2004 Black overland, and the paint still looks like it rolled of the show room floor. It's what I'll continue to use on my 2011 Overland Summit.
Cegan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-20-2011, 06:25 PM   #5
SW03ES

Our Natural Green Laredo X sits outside too.

In the winter on my vehicles I use Collinite 476:

http://www.autogeek.net/collinite-su...--wax-476.html

Just did the Lexus this weekend, the Jeep is next. I used to detail cars professionally, and am an avid enthusiast now. I've used just about anything, personally I have never found a sealant I liked, including the Ultima product. I think a good Carnuaba may not last as long, but the look and protection can't be beat. I've had problems with water spotting using polymers (about the worst was with the Ultima Paint Guard actually). The Collinite wax is a VERY heavy carnuaba (kind of a pain to use too, best to apply per panel and immediately remove) and will get you through the winter. In the spring I always start using stuff that has a little better look, but the Collinite can't be beat for protection.

I think when a vehicle sits outside, the biggest thing you can do to keep it nice is wash it regularly.
Unread 11-21-2011, 02:11 PM   #6
fotomatt1

Thanks for the advice. I'm seriously going to consider the Collinite. Now I just need to decide on floor mats. Perhaps the weathertechs? They seem nicer than anything else.
fotomatt1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-21-2011, 02:58 PM   #7
BMRisko
2012 WK 

Take a look at the Husky liners as well...
BMRisko is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.