Just got my Laredo - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Just got my Laredo

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 01-07-2011, 01:07 PM   #1
kmag53

Just got my Laredo

Just wanted to say "hi" to everyone. Picked up my GC Laredo a few days ago and really am impressed with the vehicle. Now unlike many of you my vehicle is a "stripped" down Laredo base 4x4. Couldn't justify the extra cost of buying a Limited or Overland when this vehicle isn't going to be a daily driver but believe you me it won't be a garage "queen" either. Needed the cloth seats in case I need to transport our Golden Retriever. I really felt even though the vehicle is considered a base model it still has some very nice options on it. Very very pleased. Also, I loved the exterior color (Mineral Gray) and got the black cloth seats. My current daily driver is a Wrangler Unlimited in deep water blue. Lovvvvee that vehicle. My wife has an Acura TSX which you couldn't pry that from her dead hands she likes it so well. Anyhow, hello to everyone from Ohio.
Kent

Unread 01-07-2011, 02:41 PM   #2
mchassler
2011 WK 

Welcome! I am sure you will love your new WKII. I know I do.
1998 ZJ, Mopar Crate V8, Custom 9" Lift w/ 35" BFG MTs (sold Dec '08)
mchassler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2011, 04:04 PM   #3
wjs81866

Congrats

Even a stripped down model is much nicer then most out there, especially the ride.
Quadra Trac 2
Lux Group 2
20" tires and rims
Towing package

2) 2011 Grand Cherokee Laredo X
Blackberry Pearl
5.7L
Quadra Drive 2
Quadra Lift
Laredo X Group 25 package
Chrome Fogs and Mirrors
Off-Road Adventure II Package
P265/60R18 Michelin LTX M/S 2's
BWoody 4" Velocity Intake
wjs81866 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-10-2011, 10:40 AM   #4
illuzions
2011 WK 

enjoy the ride brother...I too just got a Laredo v6...opted for the x package because I got a great deal on it(family member is the finance manager)...absolutely love it!
illuzions is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-10-2011, 11:58 AM   #5
zerone

Me too looking into Laredo 4x4 base model only because I don't really need those luxury stuffs. It's jeep, designated to abuse! And Laredo must be the most reliable JGC since it has less stuffs to break I only go, maximum unpaved road, not likely off road. I think Quadra Trac I is sufficient. Or how far can I go off-road with Quadra Trac I? As far as not low traction condition?

Last edited by zerone; 01-10-2011 at 12:37 PM..
zerone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-10-2011, 01:46 PM   #6
kmag53

That is exactly what I thought. The Quadra Trac I is all I need since this vehicle will never go off road and be mainly a road vehicle. As I said before for being a base model you would never know by driving it....very smooth ride and extremely quiet inside. I get more impressed the more I drive it. You cannot beat what you get here for the price.
Unread 02-17-2011, 05:35 PM   #7
rmcmorrow

Hello,

I'm going to pick up a Laredo X tomorrow and am trying to see if I'm getting a good price. I'm paying $472 per month for 36 months with 12K miles per year. $3290 out-of-pocket includes taxes, tags and a bank fee (no down payment).

I don't know if you leased or purchased, but figured I'd ask.

Thanks.
rmcmorrow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2011, 06:05 PM   #8
jeeplee2011
2014 WK 

Congrats! I'm very happy with mine too!
Unread 02-17-2011, 06:49 PM   #9
Flynn77
2011 WK 

Congrats!
Flynn77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2011, 08:29 PM   #10
fleuger99
2011 WK 

Congrats and don't forget to post some pics.
fleuger99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-18-2011, 08:43 AM   #11
kmag53

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleuger99 View Post
Congrats and don't forget to post some pics.
Will do as soon as nicer weather comes our way in Ohio. To many cloudy days lately although it has gotten warmer which is a blessing. Got rid of the snow quickly.

Would like to ask anyone else out there who owns a "base" model what they think of it. Are you glad you didn't opt for the X package? The reason I ask is sometimes I wish I had gotten the X package although I guess with the dog the cloth is a better choice.
Unread 02-19-2011, 08:19 AM   #12
RageOfFury
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmag53 View Post
Will do as soon as nicer weather comes our way in Ohio. To many cloudy days lately although it has gotten warmer which is a blessing. Got rid of the snow quickly.

Would like to ask anyone else out there who owns a "base" model what they think of it. Are you glad you didn't opt for the X package? The reason I ask is sometimes I wish I had gotten the X package although I guess with the dog the cloth is a better choice.
I am extremely happy that I am going with a "base" Laredo. All other models have leather seats and I can't stand leather seats. The ones in my Liberty are driving me nuts.

But hey, you have to drive it day in and day out, it's your Jeep, so buy whatever makes you happy. You don't have to follow the Overland V8 trend.
RageOfFury is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.