JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f309/)
-   -   Just got my Laredo (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f309/just-got-my-laredo-1150356/)

kmag53 01-07-2011 12:07 PM

Just got my Laredo

Just wanted to say "hi" to everyone. Picked up my GC Laredo a few days ago and really am impressed with the vehicle. Now unlike many of you my vehicle is a "stripped" down Laredo base 4x4. Couldn't justify the extra cost of buying a Limited or Overland when this vehicle isn't going to be a daily driver but believe you me it won't be a garage "queen" either. Needed the cloth seats in case I need to transport our Golden Retriever. I really felt even though the vehicle is considered a base model it still has some very nice options on it. Very very pleased. Also, I loved the exterior color (Mineral Gray) and got the black cloth seats. My current daily driver is a Wrangler Unlimited in deep water blue. Lovvvvee that vehicle. My wife has an Acura TSX which you couldn't pry that from her dead hands she likes it so well. Anyhow, hello to everyone from Ohio.
Kent

mchassler 01-07-2011 01:41 PM

Welcome! I am sure you will love your new WKII. I know I do.

wjs81866 01-07-2011 03:04 PM

Congrats

Even a stripped down model is much nicer then most out there, especially the ride.

illuzions 01-10-2011 09:40 AM

enjoy the ride brother...I too just got a Laredo v6...opted for the x package because I got a great deal on it(family member is the finance manager)...absolutely love it!

zerone 01-10-2011 10:58 AM

Me too looking into Laredo 4x4 base model only because I don't really need those luxury stuffs. It's jeep, designated to abuse! And Laredo must be the most reliable JGC since it has less stuffs to break :laugh: I only go, maximum unpaved road, not likely off road. I think Quadra Trac I is sufficient. Or how far can I go off-road with Quadra Trac I? As far as not low traction condition?

kmag53 01-10-2011 12:46 PM

That is exactly what I thought. The Quadra Trac I is all I need since this vehicle will never go off road and be mainly a road vehicle. As I said before for being a base model you would never know by driving it....very smooth ride and extremely quiet inside. I get more impressed the more I drive it. You cannot beat what you get here for the price.

rmcmorrow 02-17-2011 04:35 PM

Hello,

I'm going to pick up a Laredo X tomorrow and am trying to see if I'm getting a good price. I'm paying $472 per month for 36 months with 12K miles per year. $3290 out-of-pocket includes taxes, tags and a bank fee (no down payment).

I don't know if you leased or purchased, but figured I'd ask.

Thanks.

jeeplee2011 02-17-2011 05:05 PM

Congrats! I'm very happy with mine too!

Flynn77 02-17-2011 05:49 PM

Congrats!

fleuger99 02-17-2011 07:29 PM

Congrats and don't forget to post some pics.

kmag53 02-18-2011 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fleuger99 (Post 10999134)
Congrats and don't forget to post some pics.

Will do as soon as nicer weather comes our way in Ohio. To many cloudy days lately although it has gotten warmer which is a blessing. Got rid of the snow quickly.

Would like to ask anyone else out there who owns a "base" model what they think of it. Are you glad you didn't opt for the X package? The reason I ask is sometimes I wish I had gotten the X package although I guess with the dog the cloth is a better choice.

RageOfFury 02-19-2011 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kmag53 (Post 11001300)
Will do as soon as nicer weather comes our way in Ohio. To many cloudy days lately although it has gotten warmer which is a blessing. Got rid of the snow quickly.

Would like to ask anyone else out there who owns a "base" model what they think of it. Are you glad you didn't opt for the X package? The reason I ask is sometimes I wish I had gotten the X package although I guess with the dog the cloth is a better choice.

I am extremely happy that I am going with a "base" Laredo. All other models have leather seats and I can't stand leather seats. The ones in my Liberty are driving me nuts.

But hey, you have to drive it day in and day out, it's your Jeep, so buy whatever makes you happy. You don't have to follow the Overland V8 trend.

The time now is 03:41 AM.