Jeep's Extended Warranty - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Jeep's Extended Warranty

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueECGS DOTW - $100 off Yukon 8.8 C-Clip Eliminator KitNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wd

Unread 01-03-2014, 12:16 PM   #76
Nickels

When you purchase the chryslerwarrantys.com plan, it shows up on your official Jeep data page when you log on. This is the same as what the dealer sees when they service your car so it's an official warranty.

Nickels is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2014, 02:40 PM   #77
Jeff_WK2

I purchased a 7/70 Maximum Care plan from Ziegler on 1/1/14 for my new '14 Overland. Easy to deal with, I e-mailed Bob Cline and asked if they could do better than the online quote and he sent me a code for $50 off. So net price was $1040 which I think is an incredible deal vs $2580 quoted on the Jeep website. It hasn't shown up in my owner connect account yet but he said it could take a week.
Jeff_WK2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2014, 10:31 AM   #78
Jeff_WK2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_WK2 View Post
I purchased a 7/70 Maximum Care plan from Ziegler on 1/1/14 for my new '14 Overland. Easy to deal with, I e-mailed Bob Cline and asked if they could do better than the online quote and he sent me a code for $50 off. So net price was $1040 which I think is an incredible deal vs $2580 quoted on the Jeep website. It hasn't shown up in my owner connect account yet but he said it could take a week.
My plan showed up in my owner connect account on 1/6/14, looks legit!
Jeff_WK2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2014, 07:12 PM   #79
s542001

I bought a MaxCare 7/85k $0 deductible from Bob at Zeigler Chrysler on my 14 Summit Diesel. Super easy to deal with, and by far the best price; $900 or so cheaper than my dealer. $2040, if I recall. I normally would not buy one but with it being a first year model and with all the electronics, I went for it. I also like the rental car benefit. We'll see, but at least it's peace of mind for me.

Good luck.
s542001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2014, 07:26 PM   #80
E-rok
1996 ZJ 

Thinking about getting either the 7yr or unlimited/lifetime before the 3/36 warranty runs out (I got like 4 months left), Ive always been able to fix anything I drive, but I just know this thing is loaded with computers and whatnot and it seems like the $2300 for the unlimited is a no brainer? seems like anything electrical that can go bad will cost that.
Unread 08-01-2014, 11:26 PM   #81
NJKat
2014 WK 

Ziegler after market warranty

didn't see anything about Zieglers warranty using offical mopar parts anyone have any info on this?
NJKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2014, 02:21 AM   #82
Ah673000
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-rok
Thinking about getting either the 7yr or unlimited/lifetime before the 3/36 warranty runs out (I got like 4 months left), Ive always been able to fix anything I drive, but I just know this thing is loaded with computers and whatnot and it seems like the $2300 for the unlimited is a no brainer? seems like anything electrical that can go bad will cost that.
My neighbor has a 2007 GMC Denali . Since it hit 120k , he has " dribbled " $9000 in repairs over the past year . Mostly ( air) suspension , engine, and various luxury electronics issues. SUV was bullet proof until then. It just cost him $1000 to have his suspension compressor replaced.

Looks like it will be 99 k and out for my 2014 Overland.... It has the same stuff . I am going to " self insure" until then. The $2300 policy does sound tempting though.
Ah673000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2014, 05:43 AM   #83
14summithemi
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJKat View Post
didn't see anything about Zieglers warranty using offical mopar parts anyone have any info on this?
These "extended service contracts" are performed by authorized dealers and they are required to buy/use genuine OEM/Mopar parts if available.

However, you made me read my official Mopar Vehicle Protection Plan document. I have the top Lifetime Maximum Care $100 deduct plan and it reads:

"Authorized repairs will be made using remanufactured parts. If remanufactured parts are not available, the Dealer will use new parts."

Hmmm
14summithemi is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2014, 07:39 AM   #84
jacko15
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14summithemi View Post

"Authorized repairs will be made using remanufactured parts. If remanufactured parts are not available, the Dealer will use new parts."

Hmmm
I'll probably get plenty of push back for saying this, but in my experience, there is nothing to fear with remanufactured parts. I spent half my career in the remanufactured locomotive propulsion parts business. Our failure rate in the field was considerably better than the new OEM systems we supplied. The process for remanufacturing parts essentially weeds out defects in the original part that may have been missed in the original manufacturing process. From personal experience with automotive parts, back in the day, we would swap out something like a blown water pump at the auto parts store for a replacement, and I never had a problem with a remanufactured pump, while a brand new OEM pump might fail right out of the box. YMMV.
jacko15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2014, 11:05 AM   #85
sduff
2014 WK 

Higher cost if you wait to buy aftermarket warranty?

I will definitely buy an extended warranty before the factory warranty wears out. Is there a significantly higher price if you wait until your factory warranty is nearly over?

I definitely would rather buy an online warranty and save some money (if I can). In some states like Oklahoma they require you to buy your warranty from a dealer, fortunately I'm not in Oklahoma anymore.
sduff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2014, 11:16 AM   #86
14summithemi
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sduff View Post
I will definitely buy an extended warranty before the factory warranty wears out. Is there a significantly higher price if you wait until your factory warranty is nearly over?

I definitely would rather buy an online warranty and save some money (if I can). In some states like Oklahoma they require you to buy your warranty from a dealer, fortunately I'm not in Oklahoma anymore.
Price is same 35 miles or day 1/or 35,999 miles or month 35 BUT prices do rise overtime 5-10% per yr "ish"... I had mine rolled into my 36 mo/0% int payment to make me feel better about pre-paying although I also get free rental for my service visits (which you shouldn't be using :0).
Unread 08-02-2014, 10:24 PM   #87
bfraz00

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14summithemi View Post
These "extended service contracts" are performed by authorized dealers and they are required to buy/use genuine OEM/Mopar parts if available.

However, you made me read my official Mopar Vehicle Protection Plan document. I have the top Lifetime Maximum Care $100 deduct plan and it reads:

Hmmm

According to Jeeps website they specifically say that they will only use "Genuine MOPAR replacement parts"

http://www.jeep.com/en/service_contr...=genuine_parts
bfraz00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2014, 10:33 PM   #88
14summithemi
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfraz00 View Post

According to Jeeps website they specifically say that they will only use "Genuine MOPAR replacement parts"

http://www.jeep.com/en/service_contr...=genuine_parts
I hear ya but I was quoting exactly from my official Chrysler MVP Lifetime Maxcare contract that was purchased from a Chrysler dealer 12/13.
Unread 08-03-2014, 01:36 AM   #89
bfraz00

Interesting...I'd be one to question what the truth is. Obviously the contract you have will probably be their answer but their website is misleading if that's the case.
bfraz00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2014, 05:31 AM   #90
14summithemi
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfraz00 View Post
Interesting...I'd be one to question what the truth is. Obviously the contract you have will probably be their answer but their website is misleading if that's the case.
But aren't remanufactured Parts still branded as Mopar?

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.