Jeep's Extended Warranty - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Jeep's Extended Warranty

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Unread 12-30-2013, 08:24 AM   #46
Nickels

I am just now researching warranties (I know). I have 43,XXX on my 2011 Grand Cherokee. The Dealer told me that ChryslerWarranty.com is an after market vendor, and he quoted me a price from moparvehicleprotection.com which he says is the official Jeep extended warranty. The price I got for 6 years, 100,000 miles was $2,000 but since it's over the basic warranty, there's a $150 additional charge. They also want to charge me another additional $150 to change my oil and go over the whole car because that's whats required for the warranty company because my basic warranty has expired. So, basically it's $2,300 plus tax. It's sounds expensive.

Nickels is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2013, 09:25 AM   #47
JeepGC6855
2014 WK 

These warranty companies are in the business to make money, thus they are betting on your vehicle needing less maintenance then what they are charging. Most vehicles now days can go 100,000 to 200,000 miles without anything major going wrong. I guess if you have had a lot of problems over the first 40,000 miles, then buying an extended warranty might be a good idea.
JeepGC6855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2013, 12:27 PM   #48
shortdustoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickels View Post
I am just now researching warranties (I know). I have 43,XXX on my 2011 Grand Cherokee. The Dealer told me that ChryslerWarranty.com is an after market vendor, and he quoted me a price from moparvehicleprotection.com which he says is the official Jeep extended warranty. The price I got for 6 years, 100,000 miles was $2,000 but since it's over the basic warranty, there's a $150 additional charge. They also want to charge me another additional $150 to change my oil and go over the whole car because that's whats required for the warranty company because my basic warranty has expired. So, basically it's $2,300 plus tax. It's sounds expensive.
Just bought one from chryslerfactorywarranty.com and I can assure you that it is the same you would buy from the dealer. In fact I have seen more dealerships sell third party policies. As for price, seems decent. But I have never looked up warranties post basic warranty.
shortdustoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2013, 03:11 PM   #49
JeepGC6855
2014 WK 

I tried to go to the website, chryslerfactorywarranty.com and it says it doesn't exist and chryslerfactorywarranty.net does exist, but the links on this website don't work thus makes me wonder if it is a real website
JeepGC6855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2013, 03:49 PM   #50
jacko15
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGC6855 View Post
I tried to go to the website, chryslerfactorywarranty.com and it says it doesn't exist and chryslerfactorywarranty.net does exist, but the links on this website don't work thus makes me wonder if it is a real website
http://www.chryslerfactorywarranty.net/ Works for me.
jacko15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2013, 04:18 PM   #51
fun2drive

I am about a week from getting mine picked up in Houston and will be doing Ziegler for a MaxCare warranty 8/120 since that is the best you can do with a factory service contract. Not called a warranty. Diesel JGC in the US limits Lifetime to MaxCare....
fun2drive is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2013, 05:40 PM   #52
Bullheadbud
2014 WK 

I just bought a 7/85k $100. deductible, Chrysler warranty for my 2014 G.C. online with $195.00 coupon code discount for just under $1,600. I am a believer in extended warranties as there are so many electronics now on all cars, if you use them once they can pay for themselves. I usually don't keep my cars more than 5 years, drive about 12k a year, retired, and the extended warranties have always helped me sell the vehicle being transferrable for a small fee.
Bullheadbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2013, 06:28 PM   #53
pattiK
2014 WK 

I'm new at this warranty thing, so please forgive my ignorant question. When you buy an extended warranty for your new Jeep (mine is a 2014), does the warranty begin after the original warranty expires? And if so, do you get a better price if you buy early, as opposed to waiting until the original warranty is about to expire? Thanks.
Unread 12-30-2013, 06:43 PM   #54
jacko15
2014 WK 

Yes to both. But with the MaxCare warranty you are entitled to a loaner the first day on the factory warranty also. Here's a copy of the Lifetime MaxCare Warranty (Service Contract), I purchased.
File Type: pdf MaxCare.pdf (103.3 KB, 121 views)
Unread 12-30-2013, 07:07 PM   #55
pattiK
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacko15 View Post
Yes to both. But with the MaxCare warranty you are entitled to a loaner the first day on the factory warranty also. Here's a copy of the Lifetime MaxCare Warranty (Service Contract), I purchased.
Thanks so much, jacko15--very helpful!
Unread 12-30-2013, 09:14 PM   #56
Bullheadbud
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattiK View Post
I'm new at this warranty thing, so please forgive my ignorant question. When you buy an extended warranty for your new Jeep (mine is a 2014), does the warranty begin after the original warranty expires? And if so, do you get a better price if you buy early, as opposed to waiting until the original warranty is about to expire? Thanks.
Yes, and yes.
Bullheadbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2013, 09:17 AM   #57
HaydenHunter
2014 WK 

I ended up buying the Lifetime Max Care from Harold Ziegler Auto Group for my 2014 JGC Limited. The fellow there (Bob Cline) was most helpful, answering my questions via email and phone. I was quoted $2,185, asked Bob if any discount codes were in effect and he gave me a code for an extra $50 discount, netting it down to $2,135. Because I bought this online it was not included on the purchase contract of my car and I did not have to pay sales tax, saving me $120.

The dealer I bought the Jeep from did not even offer the Chrysler program. They had a 3rd party extended service contract. Although they claimed it was better, I was not up for it.

Ziegler's website for Chrysler extended service contract info is: www.factoryplans.com
HaydenHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2013, 02:26 PM   #58
jacko15
2014 WK 

Just would like to add my dealer matched Ziegler's price. So it's worth a try.
Unread 12-31-2013, 05:43 PM   #59
fun2drive

I already contacted my dealer and they could not match the Zielger deal. Best was 2250 vs 2000 8/120 MaxCare service contract.
Be aware that this contract requires YOU pay the deductable and then send the paperwork to Chrysler for reimbustment if you used other than a authorized dealer.
Some of the 3rd party contracts are really not that bad if you get the right one which the names escapes me for the moment.
I too am concerned about the large number of electrical systems which could easily eat up my 2000 bucks service contract...
fun2drive is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2014, 01:55 AM   #60
14summithemi
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickels View Post
may have been referring to www.chryslerwarrantyS.com and they are Northampton Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM so not third party, the plans they are selling are the Mopar MVP ones. Not sure about the "inspection" fees.
14summithemi is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.