Jeep's Extended Warranty - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Jeep's Extended Warranty

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineAdvance Adapters SYE KitsCustom Axle Work at CCOR

Unread 10-19-2013, 10:30 AM   #31
mtnmerlin
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim_in_PA View Post
Unless they have changed something very recently, the Lifetime MaxCare service contract is not available on the Ecodiesel. Perhaps your dealer quoted a non-Chysler contract?
Interesting. It is the same dealer I am working with to order a Limited with diesel. I specifically asked for the Chrysler max care.

Unread 10-19-2013, 10:43 AM   #32
mtnmerlin
1995 ZJ 

It looks lo me like the ecodiesel is covered. I went to the URL below and clicked on engine. It listed these components (among others):
Fuel Injection Pump (Diesel engines only)
Turbocharger Housing and all Internal Parts
Turbocharger Waste Gate Actuator

http://www.jeep.com/en/service_contr.../new_vehicles/
Unread 10-19-2013, 08:16 PM   #33
jim_in_PA
2012 WK 

MaxCare is available for non-lifetime plans, such as the 7 year plans with x mileage, but I know my Lifetime contract paperwork specifically excludes the diesel. Perhaps they are changing that going forward...it would be good if they did.
Unread 10-23-2013, 11:00 AM   #34
mtnmerlin
1995 ZJ 

it looks like you are right. The diesel is covered on the non-lifetime plans, but not on the lifetime plan. That could be a deal-breaker for me. (I haven't yet put in an order.) I am not too keen on buying a diesel for the long-run if Chrysler doesn't believe in warranting the diesel for longer than 7 years. I buy vehicles for the long run: Chevy K10 - 30 years, ZJ - 19 years and counting.
Unread 10-25-2013, 10:56 AM   #35
mtnmerlin
1995 ZJ 

I spoke with a rep' about the extended warranty for diesel-powered vehicles. There is a new 8-year plan. But, there is also an extension plan with the 7-year. If you get the 7-year plan and have low mileage (under 10K miles per year), in 7 years you can extend another 5 years (for a total of 12 years). The price of the 5-year extension is based on your mileage, but appears to be rather expensive (currently about $2,000).
Unread 10-25-2013, 11:26 AM   #36
Mud Machine
Jeep Addict

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Keep in mind that the dealers make a profit on the extended warrantees, whether they are from Chrysler or aftermarket, so don't take the first price they give you. Work them a little and don't let them know you want it for sure. The price will go down. Back when I bought my 2011 Overland my dealer dropped the price down on his own when he saw my lack of interest and I then got him to lower even more.

Quote:
Does your gas tank overflow at the pump?
SUBMIT FORMAL COMPLAINT HERE!

2005 Rubicon LJ Unlimited - 4 1/2" BDS Suspension - 285/75/16 Toyo M/T's - 12,000# Winch - Ground Pounder Fab Rear Bumper - FabRieckAtions Custom Front Bumper - Overkill Engineering Tube Fenders - GR8 Half Top - Rock Hard Cage - Banks Monster Exhaust - 5.13 Gears - High Performance Flux Capacitor

1976 CJ-7 - 33" Super Swampers - BDS 4" Suspension - 6 Point Roll Cage
Mud Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2013, 11:39 AM   #37
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

Remember also that lifetime plans have limits. When the repair cost is more than the book value of the vehicle, they pay you the book value and you are on your own. Doesn't take much to rack up a lot of $$$ for a diesel repair.

Diesel plan surcharges used to be expensive, dunno what they are currently. I should read through the thread to see if anyone mentioned it. Although not as many engines require repair, those that do are expensive to repair. Folks in the US typically buy the diesel to tow heavy, which puts more stress on components, although there are more and more enthusiasts. All contribute to the surcharges, along with marketing.

The best way I've found to get a deal on extended warranty, is to get a quote from one of the online dealers and take it to to your dealer and ask to match it. If he says no, well its the same warranty regardless, buy online. I'd recommend not going third party, just too many poor experiences.
Unread 12-18-2013, 11:11 AM   #38
HaydenHunter
2014 WK 

Can anyone explain to me briefly the difference in coverage between the Added Care Plus and the Max Care plans?

Looking at price difference. Does added care NOT include any components that it would be unwise not to insure (picking Max Care Plan to do so)?
HaydenHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2013, 11:44 AM   #39
pattiK
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCase View Post
The best way I've found to get a deal on extended warranty, is to get a quote from one of the online dealers and take it to to your dealer and ask to match it. If he says no, well its the same warranty regardless, buy online. I'd recommend not going third party, just too many poor experiences.
Could you post a couple of links to online dealers? I'm thinking seriously about shopping for a warranty, and I'm not sure where to start. Thanks.
~patti
pattiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2013, 12:38 PM   #40
jacko15
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaydenHunter View Post
Can anyone explain to me briefly the difference in coverage between the Added Care Plus and the Max Care plans?

Looking at price difference. Does added care NOT include any components that it would be unwise not to insure (picking Max Care Plan to do so)?
http://www.chryslerwarrantydirect.com/warranty_plans
jacko15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2013, 12:39 PM   #41
jacko15
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattiK View Post
Could you post a couple of links to online dealers? I'm thinking seriously about shopping for a warranty, and I'm not sure where to start. Thanks.
~patti
http://www.chryslerfactoryplans.com/

http://www.chryslerwarrantys.com/
jacko15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2013, 01:54 PM   #42
HaydenHunter
2014 WK 

jacko, thanks for the reply.

So without downloading the detailed list for both warranties side by side, how can I quickly determine what critical (and perhaps likely to fail) components are covered by the max care versus the lower plan.

Was hoping someone could answer in a brief reply. Example: If NAV unit wasn't covered by the lower warranty that would make a difference to me. Stuff like that.
HaydenHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2013, 02:02 PM   #43
pattiK
2014 WK 

Thanks jacko15! A good start for comparisons.
pattiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2013, 02:19 PM   #44
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaydenHunter View Post

So without downloading the detailed list for both warranties side by side, how can I quickly determine what critical (and perhaps likely to fail) components are covered by the max care versus the lower plan.

Was hoping someone could answer in a brief reply. Example: If NAV unit wasn't covered by the lower warranty that would make a difference to me. Stuff like that.

Given the same deductible, the basic difference is that the lower priced plans cover only engine and drive train, the higher prices plans also cover electrical and electronic devices, ABS, power steering, etc. The most expensive plans is near bumper to bumper, similar to whats covered by the initial 3 year warranty. They simply list whats not covered (like light bulbs, tires, brake pads) and if not listed its covered.
Unread 12-30-2013, 07:57 AM   #45
Gunny7
2014 WK 

I just bought the
"Life Time Guarantee" from Chrysler.

Said it was offered on the Overland with the Hemi.
Said- only this combination- but not real sure.
One look at the --Electronics--I figured
Get it.
Gunny7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.