Jeep's Extended Warranty - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Jeep's Extended Warranty

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHut

Unread 02-27-2011, 10:57 PM   #16
hobbie1
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleuger99 View Post
Also just bought an Overland. I chose the 7yr/85K mile Chrysler Max Care and got it for $1499. I chose the 3 year no interest payment plan. I get billed monthly and I can pay the balance off anytime and it didn't require a penny down.
This is what I paid - did not get the refund option because if you use it for anything you get zip back.

7 year 100,000 Max care - $100 ded - paid $1480 - 10% down with 12 montly payments no Interest.

2013 Ford Mustang GT and 1966 Ford Mustang 289 5-SPD 289
hobbie1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2011, 10:59 PM   #17
hobbie1
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwak12r View Post
I just bought my Overland. The dealer asked me if I wanted the Max Care warranty. His price is $2400.
He also said that if I never use this policy, after the 7 years is up I get back $2350.
Does this warranty sound correct? It seems to good to be true.....
This is what I paid - did not get the refund one as if you use it for anything you get zip back.

7 year 100,000 Max care - $100 ded - paid $1480 - 10% down with 12 montly payments no Interest.
Unread 04-14-2011, 10:37 PM   #18
ferntree

2014 WK 

Might be a dumb question, but if I get an extended warranty of say five years, does it start after the factory warranty ends or will I be paying for three years worth when it will already be covered by Jeep? I see that there is five years on the powertrain from Jeep already.

Just trying to figure if it is worth coughing up for an extended warranty or not.

Cheers
Greg

Officer, these handcuffs are tight!
Just relax, they're new. They'll stretch after you wear them a while....
ferntree is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2011, 06:24 AM   #19
Flynn77
2011 WK 

When I purchased my extended warranty I was told that it starts at the time you drive it off the lot. Jeep has the 36 month (36,000 mile) basic bumper to bumper warranty and 60 month (100,000 mile) power train warranty included in your new purchase. Depending on what type of extended warranty you get, it should cover anything that doesn't fall under Jeep's coverage (usually more applicable after the basic expires). I ended up with a 3rd party warranty that lasts longer than both Jeep's basic and power train and is fully refundable at the end of it's coverage period so long as no claims are made on it.
Flynn77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2011, 07:14 PM   #20
ferntree

2014 WK 

Interesting - who is the third party warranty Co.?

Cheers
Greg

Officer, these handcuffs are tight!
Just relax, they're new. They'll stretch after you wear them a while....
ferntree is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2011, 08:22 PM   #21
mf012e

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferntree
Interesting - who is the third party warranty Co.?

Cheers
Greg
I wouldn't use anything but jeep/chryslers. 2nd jeep in a row I've bought the maxcare for piece of mind. Paid $1600 for my 05 JGC and paid for it self 4x over. Bought lifetime maxcare for my current 11 JGC and will have piece of mind for as long as I own her. Paid 2k for this one but think you can get it cheaper at Chryslerwarranty.com found at too late.
If you plan on keeping the jeep for 100k plus miles, it's worth it. So many expensive things can go wrong and/or break these days.
Good luck!
mf012e is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2011, 08:24 PM   #22
mf012e

Quote:
Originally Posted by mf012e

I wouldn't use anything but jeep/chryslers. 2nd jeep in a row I've bought the maxcare for piece of mind. Paid $1600 for my 05 JGC and paid for it self 4x over. Bought lifetime maxcare for my current 11 JGC and will have piece of mind for as long as I own her. Paid 2k for this one but think you can get it cheaper at Chryslerwarranty.com found at too late.
If you plan on keeping the jeep for 100k plus miles, it's worth it. So many expensive things can go wrong and/or break these days.
Good luck!
Heres the website:
http://www.chryslerwarrantys.com/jeep.cfm
mf012e is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2011, 11:52 PM   #23
silver04
2011 WK 

I have had 11 Chrysler vehicles and never needed to use an added warranty. A couple needed something done in the first 12000 miles. If it helps you sleep at night though, get it.
silver04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-16-2011, 07:37 AM   #24
Jughead
2011 WK 

Current price for my 2011 GC limited is ~$1,900 on line.
Jughead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-29-2011, 07:49 AM   #25
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

Just out of curiosity, I'm trying to compare the lifetime vs 7/10000 plans. Both say something about covering defects in material and workmanship, and exclude normal wear. So when would they consider a transmission or engine being worn out vs being defective? Has anyone run into this? I mean if I wear out the transmission clutches at say 120000 miles, or the engine starts using oil at 150000 miles, it would not be covered right?

The way I'm reading it the lifetime plan is power train only, no coverage for the quadra lift, right?

I'm wondering if chrysler has an expected lifetime list for the components, and if there are any surprises there.
ColdCase is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-29-2011, 11:40 AM   #26
hobbie1
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCase View Post
Just out of curiosity, I'm trying to compare the lifetime vs 7/10000 plans. Both say something about covering defects in material and workmanship, and exclude normal wear. So when would they consider a transmission or engine being worn out vs being defective? Has anyone run into this? I mean if I wear out the transmission clutches at say 120000 miles, or the engine starts using oil at 150000 miles, it would not be covered right?

The way I'm reading it the lifetime plan is power train only, no coverage for the quadra lift, right?

I'm wondering if chrysler has an expected lifetime list for the components, and if there are any surprises there.
I have only had 1 transmission replaced in a 1994 Ram under ext warranty - it was no problem once they verified the service records. ON our 2005 Jeep GC the stitching came loose on the steering wheel - the dealer called and they replaced the steering wheel under the ext warranty.

I have 7/100000 on our 11 Overland. The lifetime is not trasferable if you sell your Jeep. As I recall there is a Max Care for the both the Lifetime and 7/100000.

You should share your questions with the dealer.
Unread 10-07-2013, 03:12 AM   #27
RacerAV
2014 J-Series Truck 

I bought the warranty, 7/100k. But kinda regretting it. I DO plan on keeping this Jeep for years and years. I never keep vehicles very long. I'd like to here. But regardless, with mods and all, eventually the warranty wont cover anything anyway right? I mean, the only things covered will be NON modded stuff, and by the time the factory warranty is up, I'll have quite a bit done! Make sense? Worth the $2k or should I cancel and get that money off my loan now?

Sorry for pulling up an oldy.... better than a new thread though right? So no flaming...
RacerAV is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-07-2013, 07:51 AM   #28
jim_in_PA
2012 WK 

With the amount of electronics and other high-tech gear on your Jeep (assuming you have a JGC), my feeling is that the extended service contract (what it is...it's not a "warranty") isn't a terrible thing. One major component going bad pays for the cost of the contract. There are other benefits, too. I have the lifetime MaxCare and that also includes loaner/rental car first day provisions...important to me since most dealers do not provide loaners any more.

For the record, I traditionally have not been an extended service contract/warranty person. Here, I made an exception.
Unread 10-18-2013, 03:57 PM   #29
mtnmerlin
1995 ZJ 

kinda agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim_in_PA View Post
With the amount of electronics and other high-tech gear on your Jeep (assuming you have a JGC), my feeling is that the extended service contract (what it is...it's not a "warranty") isn't a terrible thing. One major component going bad pays for the cost of the contract. There are other benefits, too. I have the lifetime MaxCare and that also includes loaner/rental car first day provisions...important to me since most dealers do not provide loaners any more.

For the record, I traditionally have not been an extended service contract/warranty person. Here, I made an exception.
I am looking into the lifetime max care since I am considering getting a 2014 Limited with diesel and quadralift. I plan on keeping the vehicle for at least 20 years and I figure there is plenty of opportunity for something to go wrong with the turbocharger, diesel system, or air lift system. Not to mention all of the pesky electronics and computers. In the past, I have not done the extended warranties.

I received a quote of $2,350 (w/$100 deduct) from a dealer. Anyone know where I might beat that?
Unread 10-18-2013, 07:52 PM   #30
jim_in_PA
2012 WK 

Unless they have changed something very recently, the Lifetime MaxCare service contract is not available on the Ecodiesel. Perhaps your dealer quoted a non-Chysler contract?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.