Jeep Winter/Rubber Mats - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Jeep Winter/Rubber Mats

Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!ARTEC JK UNDER ARMOR - 4 door Bellypan KitsSmittybilt Products at Oconee Off-Road!

Unread 02-17-2011, 09:13 PM   #1
fleuger99
2011 WK 

Jeep Winter/Rubber Mats

Hi All,

Can someone post a pic of their winter/rubber mats? I'm wondering if they are worth buying to keep the winter crud off my carpets or should I buy after market ones?

Thanks

fleuger99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2011, 09:29 PM   #2
boldd

I haven't got yet, but WeatherTech is the way to go: http://www.weathertech.com/store/mvp...ustomerVehId=0
boldd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2011, 10:25 PM   #3
LiquidOxygen

I totally disagree about using weathertech mats. I personally think the Husky Mats are the best. A laser imprint of the floor is taken and then the mats are cut to provide maximum coverage. They have the most floor coverage of any other mat I have seen and they don't have all that bulky ribbing like the weathertech ones. It's late and dark out right now but I can post pics of mine tomorrow.
LiquidOxygen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2011, 10:32 PM   #4
RageOfFury
2011 WK 

I love my weathertech liners that I have in my Liberty. They fit perfectly and are very well made. They actually contain dirt/water instead of letting it leak all over the place like "mats".

I compared the weathertech liners and the husky liners for the WK2 and the weathertechs cover more and are deeper so they better contain dirt, water, etc.
RageOfFury is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-18-2011, 05:23 AM   #5
fleuger99
2011 WK 

I also have weather tech liners in my Honda minivan and they have done an amazing job keeping my Honda clean but they were not cheap.
Unread 02-18-2011, 05:24 AM   #6
fleuger99
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidOxygen View Post
I totally disagree about using weathertech mats. I personally think the Husky Mats are the best. A laser imprint of the floor is taken and then the mats are cut to provide maximum coverage. They have the most floor coverage of any other mat I have seen and they don't have all that bulky ribbing like the weathertech ones. It's late and dark out right now but I can post pics of mine tomorrow.
That would be much appreciated.
Unread 02-18-2011, 08:20 AM   #7
Slingshot12
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidOxygen View Post
And with the weathtech you get to look at their red logo every time you get in your Jeep. Husky mats in my 2011!
Slingshot12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-18-2011, 09:19 AM   #8
poomobile
2011 WK 

I got the mopar slush mats but I probably return them as they do not cover the whole floor area. I have weathertechs in my Cadillac and while they cover better, I hate the hard plastic feel under my feet. I'm not sure what I will do now
poomobile is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-18-2011, 10:25 AM   #9
boldd

WHen people say Husky "mats", are you really referring to mats or the liners? Just curious as they sell both.
boldd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-18-2011, 10:32 AM   #10
LiquidOxygen

Liners
Unread 02-18-2011, 01:14 PM   #11
RRER
2011 WK 

If the photos on the Weathertech page are correct, it looks like they have holes in them where the factory hooks exist to hold the factory mats in place. My Husky Liners do not have holes, they have a large enough dimple to cover the hook, thus, no place to let water leak in.
RRER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-18-2011, 01:22 PM   #12
RRER
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by poomobile View Post
I got the mopar slush mats but I probably return them as they do not cover the whole floor area. I have weathertechs in my Cadillac and while they cover better, I hate the hard plastic feel under my feet. I'm not sure what I will do now
You can always buy some of those really cheapo Walmart type universal carpet mats, place them over the mopar mats, and then when they get trashed, just trash em'. Problem solved?
RRER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-18-2011, 01:47 PM   #13
fleuger99
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRER View Post
If the photos on the Weathertech page are correct, it looks like they have holes in them where the factory hooks exist to hold the factory mats in place. My Husky Liners do not have holes, they have a large enough dimple to cover the hook, thus, no place to let water leak in.
There are no holes in my Weathertech liners in my Honda. They actually work very well.
Unread 02-18-2011, 06:42 PM   #14
LiquidOxygen

Husky Liners
pic with mat in
pic of clean floors underneath
Pic of bumps to fit over the keepers on the floor
img_0719.jpg   img_0720.jpg   img_0721.jpg  
Unread 02-18-2011, 08:00 PM   #15
fleuger99
2011 WK 

Thanks for posting the pics. So are these a thick rubber or more pliable like the WeatherTec ones?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.