Jeep Limited Questions - Answer If You Can? - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 09-18-2017, 08:50 PM Thread Starter
brsox88
2014 WK 

Jeep Limited Questions - Answer If You Can?

So I have had my 2014 Limited for about 3 months now, but still have some questions. If you know the answer to one please let me know:

1. What is the center dot on the dash by the center speaker? GPS?

2. When pushing the physical defrost button, what does it do? Does it just turn on AC air to the dash vent?

3. Is the exhaust stainless steel? I was thinking of painting it if not to keep it from rusting out.

4. Do I have a leather dash, or is it just vinyl or something?
http://image.trucktrend.com/f/589420...-dash-view.jpg

5. What happens if you open the door while moving? Does it put it in park like it does when you're not moving and open the door but have it in drive?

6. Does the auto climate adjust air flow according to the temp inside the vehicle or does it just control the temp of the air coming out of the vents? My friends 2014 Chevy Silverado actually adjusts the fan speed automatically to get the air to your desired temp.

7. What is the point of the valet key if there is not place to insert it?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 09-18-2017, 10:06 PM
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

1) Probably the sun sensor, the HVAC uses it to adjust vent temperature and fans for passenger and driver based on sun load (there are two sensors in the button)

2) Opens the windshield and side window vents and closes off most of the others, turns the AC compressor on.

3) I don't think so, some of it may be. May vary by year.

4) I think only Overlands and Summits have the leather dash

5) Depends on how fast you are moving, someone posted the algorithm awhile ago in one of the threads discussing the recall. I don't recall the details.

6) It adjust the the AC temp and airflow to maintain the temp inside the vehicle that you set.

7) Allows you to lock up the glove box before turning the car over to the valet, you can also unlock the drivers door with it if your FOB dies.

Current: 2011 Grand Cherokee Overland V8, 2009 Liberty Rocky Mt V6
Previous: 2000 Grand Cherokee Laredo I6, 1979 CJ7 I6 Quadratrac
post #3 of 8 Old 09-19-2017, 07:17 AM
ecupip

The exhaust is stainless. Most manufactures have solely used stainless for many years now. No need to paint it unless you don't like the silver undercarriage.

Current: 2011 GC Limited Dark Charcoal, Lux II, Off Road, HEMI.

post #4 of 8 Old 09-19-2017, 08:58 AM
polizei

Behind the push-to-start is also the traditional key slot. So, it can we used to start the car, or lock the glovebox. The dash you posted is factory, not sure what material it is, but it's definitely not leather.

2014: RRO 2.5" Lift, 32" LT275/65/18 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Pro-Comp 7089, XenonDepot HID Kit
post #5 of 8 Old 09-19-2017, 09:18 AM
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

I didn't thing there was a slot for the emergency key (which some call a valet key) in the start switch, although there may be a slot for the FOB itself. The emergency key does not have a chip so its not going to start the Jeep. The only thing the emergency key can to is to lock/unlock the glove box and drivers door.

The SRT model has a valet mode which is different.

post #6 of 8 Old 09-19-2017, 10:28 PM Thread Starter
brsox88
2014 WK 

Stainless can still rust though, so can I paint it with silver engine or high temp paint?
post #7 of 8 Old 09-20-2017, 06:00 AM
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

The exhaust pipes corrode from the inside faster than the outside, so painting the outside will not help. There are a lot of 2011s around with no more than cosmetic issues.

post #8 of 8 Old 09-20-2017, 08:14 PM
polizei

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCase View Post
I didn't thing there was a slot for the emergency key (which some call a valet key) in the start switch, although there may be a slot for the FOB itself. The emergency key does not have a chip so its not going to start the Jeep. The only thing the emergency key can to is to lock/unlock the glove box and drivers door.

The SRT model has a valet mode which is different.
Good to know, thanks.

2014: RRO 2.5" Lift, 32" LT275/65/18 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Pro-Comp 7089, XenonDepot HID Kit

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.