Jeep Grand Cherokee lethal in evasive maneuver - Page 11 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Jeep Grand Cherokee lethal in evasive maneuver

JKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 01-05-2014, 06:51 AM   #151
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

Perhaps the easiest thing to do is avoid driving fast when you overload your vehicle.

Unread 01-05-2014, 07:56 AM   #152
Jackal01

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldcase View Post
perhaps the easiest thing to do is avoid driving fast when you overload your vehicle.
bingo!

Jackal01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2014, 09:40 AM   #153
SteelBlue_WJ
Web Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCase
Perhaps the easiest thing to do is avoid driving fast when you overload your vehicle.
This in any vehicle!

2001 Steel Blue WJ Laredo SA 4x4, 3.5" lift, Apperance Package with factory Laredo Steel Blue cladding/leather
Conferr Roof Basket with custom Randy Ellis Design light cage, WAAG grille guard and Hella lots of 500 lights

2004 Wrangler Sport, 2.5" and 31's, nothing special

"For all sad words of tongue and pen, the saddest are these, 'It might have been.' "
John Greenleaf Whittier
SteelBlue_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2014, 09:00 AM   #154
MickinNY
2013 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCase View Post
Yeah, nothing like common sense, when you need it most.
MickinNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2014, 10:53 AM   #155
deep_blue

Quote:
The 2012 test was at 39 mph
deep_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2014, 11:28 AM   #156
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_blue View Post
The 2012 test was at 39 mph
See, way too fast when overloaded. Although I seem to recall a much higher speed... Anyway, over the years it has been proven that most of the story was BS and exaggeration for the purpose of selling magazines, notoriety, or something like that. Much skepticism about anything you can quote from the initial publication, a good stunt driver could easily demonstrate the effect. I think just about everything was proven to be either fake or embellished.
Unread 01-06-2014, 12:56 PM   #157
Medpilot
2014 WK 

I thought the whole thing was hype until I saw the video talking about the 2014 update. If these guys were trying to give the GC a bad name for no reason, I would think they wouldn't have given the 2014 model a passing score. Just sayin

Edit: I will say, it does NOT look like they were driving it as aggressively as the first tests.

Medpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2014, 01:19 PM   #158
jronnblom

Quote:
See, way too fast when overloaded.
They overloaded the car with 58 kg due to bad data from Jeep. But that is really beside the point since they seem to have fixed the electronics in the 2014 model.

---< cut from TV >---
Due to a complete incorrect statement by Chrysler, many people believe that we performed the first moose test with 50 kilos (110 lbs) overload in the Jeep Grand Cherokee. This is not the least bit true. We performed the first moose test with 100 kilos (220 lbs) less than the maximum payload (602 kilos/1 327 lbs) that is registered for the car, a figure which officially comes from Jeep/Chrysler.
---< cut from TV >---

More info: http://www.teknikensvarld.se/jeepmoosetest-part3/

One part of the problem is that the 2012 GC is heavier than the stated weight which Jeep has supplied to Transportstyrelsen. When TV weighed the car the curbed weight (tjänstevikt) was 2505 insted of 2347. That mistake makes it very easy for a normal person to accidentally overload the GC.

https://fordonsfraga.transportstyrel...natFordon.aspx

There you can enter the registration number for the 2012 GC which is LRZ346 and get the official data. These data are also important when you tow for example an caravan and we trust the data to be correct and if you get a ticket from the police they also check this data.

The 2014 GC has reg. number NYF472.

-J
jronnblom is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.