Its time - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Its time

Dana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJClayton Off Road JK Long Arm Upgrade Kits!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 06-05-2013, 08:15 PM   #1
t-ray-foret
2011 WK 

Its time

Well my wife's grand Cherokee limited has about 40,000 miles on it now. When I get in from offshore in plan on taking a little time and doing some matinance on it, it has dual 40 series flow masters a h pipe and a k&n intake and a jet throttle body spacer on it. I might drive it once a week but when I do I am hard on it.

I plan on changing the oil, cleaning the intake, changing the trans fluid and filter, spark plugs, and doing the ccv mod with a catch can I need to read up on that, any other things y'all can think of that are good to do at this point, also does anyone make headers for the gc with a hemi yet?

Last edited by Jackal01; 06-05-2013 at 08:43 PM.. Reason: Not sure why you quoted yourself. FIFY
t-ray-foret is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2013, 02:04 AM   #2
Dave2002ti
2012 WK 

Cleaning Intake

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-ray-foret View Post
Well my wife's grand Cherokee limited has about 40,000 miles on it now. When I get in from offshore in plan on taking a little time and doing some matinance on it, it has dual 40 series flow masters a h pipe and a k&n intake and a jet throttle body spacer on it. I might drive it once a week but when I do I am hard on it.

I plan on changing the oil, cleaning the intake, changing the trans fluid and filter, spark plugs, and doing the ccv mod with a catch can I need to read up on that, any other things y'all can think of that are good to do at this point, also does anyone make headers for the gc with a hemi yet?
Before you clean the intake read Jeep's maintenance recommendations. Jeep does not recommend cleaning the throttle body.
Dave2002ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2013, 02:59 AM   #3
pwrdbym

If you're going to change the tranny fluid, then why not the diff(s) fluid as well?
pwrdbym is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2013, 03:35 AM   #4
loveracing1988

Don't install a throttle body spacer, they are a total waste of money, most of them actually hurt performance.
loveracing1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2013, 12:45 PM   #5
t-ray-foret
2011 WK 

To late on the spacer it's been on for like 15,000 miles. I didn't mean the intake I meant the air filter. Yes good call on the diff fluid as well
t-ray-foret is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2013, 03:38 PM   #6
xjrguy
2012 JK Wrangler 

If it's 4wd do the transfer case fluid too.

Wouldn't hurt to siphon out the power steering fluid and replace with fresh too.

Belts?

Cabin air filter?
xjrguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2013, 03:44 PM   #7
txwest
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjrguy View Post

Cabin air filter?
Never a bad idea

Sent from my S-III using JeepForum

Past Jeeps:
'80 CJ-7 I6 4x4 Std
'86 Comanchee I4 4x4 Std
'99 WJ Laredo 4.0 4x4 AWD
txwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2013, 08:19 PM   #8
jeepsterguy
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjrguy View Post
If it's 4wd do the transfer case fluid too.

Wouldn't hurt to siphon out the power steering fluid and replace with fresh too.

Belts?

Cabin air filter?
What fluid would you use?
My 2011 came with ATF+4, later manuals show CHF11s and another couple but no ATF+4. They don't even show ATF+4 as an alternative.
I doubt the two types are mixable.
What's the deal?
jeepsterguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2013, 02:33 PM   #9
Dabitz

Drive belts is 120k miles. I looked into it since I'm at 56k. I changed differential and xfercase fluids to Redline.
Dabitz is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.