***UPDATE*** Starting this as a new topic
Boy do I wish Jeep had granted me the ability to work with these people...I was stuck in Enhanced Customer Care and all that got me was Dick Butkus. I instituted Lemon Law state of PA back in October...we waited 60 days for Chrysler to respond - nothing. Filed suit last week of Dec '14 - court date is scheduled for first week of March. I am hoping that they "do the right thing" and try and settle prior. The attorney (Kimmel & Silverman) said that over 3k 2014 Jeep GC's have come to him for this year alone...the certified technician they staff said he sees nothing by Jeeps and Fords lately....that they use very cheap parts. The only thing Chrysler has offered me was (1) car payment and I declined it because there was a stipulation in the "agreement" that said that they weren't liable for what happened anymore. Scumbags.
The worst part of it all is I purchased the Jeep so I can drive my wife (who has Stage IV Breast Cancer) back and forth from Pittsburgh to New York City for special treatment thats not available in Pittsburgh. I have been without the Jeep for many weeks, and now the dealers are even fighting me about rentals (and yes I have Max Care), they don't want to deal with the issues anymore.
I have a 2014 GC Overland 4x4 that has issues with:
* Transmission - (bucking, skipping gears, uphill/downhill shifting, shifter doesn't work 40% of the time)
* Check Engine Light - (Seen by dealer, but code not found)
* Tire pressure monitor comes on about once a week now, then I fill the tire and it says its overfilled
* Air suspension - (Raises and lowers while I am driving without ever touching anything, "Reduce Speed to Maintain Selected Ride Height" message")
* Alarm/Battery - (Alarm continuiously goes off - cant lock vehicle, drained battery twice because of the continuous flashing lights after alarm and i had to have it jumped 2 x's)
* Recall(s) - (ABS, Wiring above mirror, Blanking out center console screen, Brakes)
* Vehicle constantly swicthing into "OFF-RD1" - without me putting it into 4X4 mode. Cannot switch back without turning off car and waiting 5 minutes to restart
* In cold weather, brake pedal does not depress all the way when attempting to start the vehicle after sitting for a while. Sometimes, I need to pump the break pedal to start the car.
* Electrical Issues - Some corrected by service
- Wiring BUS behind UConnect - Seat belt continuously says it is not fastened when it is
- Service Shifter messages never stop
- Service Airbag system messages never stop
- Service SOS phone messages never stop
* Electrical Issues - and Some have NOT corrected by service (after 16 software updates and 3 UConnect system replacements
- Navigation & radio constantly freeze, reset and I have to turn the car off – wait 10 minutes – and restart to get it to work properly (sometimes)
- Satellite radio signal non-existent in wide open areas, intermittently Radio volume & mute don't work,
- Seat doesn't return to position after re-starting car anymore.
- Bluetooth connection drops (mid-call and not during call) and then magically re-appears.
- One day I receive text messages on screen, the next I don't, and the next I get text AND email notifications that repeat over and over again (iPhone)
- Entire UConnect system resets itself when I use my seat heater (yes, really) and Bluetooth disconnects phone
- Entire UConnect system resets itself randomly
- Incorrect radio station shows (SXM) - example, I am listening to NHL radio and Comedy Central is playing
- Phone END button does not hang up call
- Grid lines across UConnect screen
- Phone shows no battery or signal on UConnect screen - when on my phone both are 100%
- Phone now randomly calls people I am not dialing
- XM Service loading message, XM resets - and then its back
The sad thing about this all is that I wrote this post based off the 350 PHOTOS I have provided my attorney with of the issues I have experienced, because its hard to remember all the issues over the past 12 months. When the attorneys technician drove the Jeep - he was surprised that they haven't done anything yet...even he saw ALL the issues I found - and then identified a new one where my very expensive HID light assembly's are forming condensation throughout the bulbs and its freezing - and that they too, will eventually go out.
It actually feels good to get this all in writing - I have literally had it.
The attorney says that anyone of these 3 things could happen:
1. I get an entirely full refund of amount paid, down payment, taxes, tags - less mileage
2. I get a new same exact model in the new year
3. A cash payment for my inconvenience
I have a few questions for Jeep owners of 2014+ GC
*Is this completely out of the ordinary? If they give me a new Jeep - should I expect to have these same issues again?
*What have you seen Chrysler do in these cases - will they actually give me a new Jeep or a full refund?
*After going to Chrysler enhanced care 3 times, why do you think they didn't pass me along to the ISG group - how do they decide who gets this and who doesn't?
I have attached some images so you all don't think I am nuts