ISG buyback - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > ISG buyback

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHut

Unread 12-23-2013, 09:16 PM   #1
globet

ISG buyback

Due to numerous issues with my jeep, Chrysler referred my case to ISG to buy back the vehicle and purchase new one. Has anyone dealt with process? I told Chrysler if I have to pay anything out of pocket I'm not interested.

globet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-26-2013, 05:45 PM   #2
PMHSLight

Hi
I actually had to deal with then in august. I bought a new 2014 grand cherokee that had a quality problem that the dealership did not deal with appropriately so I wrote to chrysler and they agreed to buy back the jeep. In my case, I just wanted another one as I definitely loved the grand cherokee so ISG ( impartial services group ) handled the case for Chrysler. ISG is a company that deals with buy backs for Chrysler, ford, BMW, and numerous other companies. Basically Chrysler tells them to buy the car back et. And they do all the work. Be for warned, they are slow, but eventually it all goes through. In my case ISG bought the car back and chrysler made me another 2014 jeep grand cherokee. No money ever changed hands. I ordered another jeep and when it was made and delivered to the dealer I drove up in my old one, signed a ton of papers, gave the title to dealer and took delivery of the new jeep. ISG and the dealer handled all the paper work. If they are buying your jeep back for cash/ check, you shouldn't be out any money. They should reimburse you for everything.
Again, they are slow but it all worked out in the end and I'm back in a new jeep and very happy.

Hope that helps and good luck with whatever you choose.
PMHSLight is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-26-2013, 07:02 PM   #3
globet

Thx for your reply. I already picked my new GC off the dealer lot and just waiting on ISG to give me the final numbers to see if I agree. They said i won't have anything till after the 1st so I'm just waiting
Unread 12-27-2013, 10:11 AM   #4
MarkSRT8
2012 WK 

Be prepared to be charged per mile for the miles that you have put on the vehicle.
MarkSRT8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-27-2013, 10:22 AM   #5
globet

They already told me about the deduction but even after that deduction verse what I owe on the car they should still owe me money. They are taking $2,000 in mileage deduction
Unread 12-31-2013, 07:36 PM   #6
globet

Is it me or does ISG seem like they deduct for mileage twice. First they deduct your MSRP refund the amount of mileage deduction then still have to pay a mileage penalty?
Unread 01-01-2014, 08:29 AM   #7
MickinNY
2013 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMHSLight View Post
Hi
I actually had to deal with then in august. I bought a new 2014 grand cherokee that had a quality problem that the dealership did not deal with appropriately so I wrote to chrysler and they agreed to buy back the jeep. In my case, I just wanted another one as I definitely loved the grand cherokee so ISG ( impartial services group ) handled the case for Chrysler. ISG is a company that deals with buy backs for Chrysler, ford, BMW, and numerous other companies. Basically Chrysler tells them to buy the car back et. And they do all the work. Be for warned, they are slow, but eventually it all goes through. In my case ISG bought the car back and chrysler made me another 2014 jeep grand cherokee. No money ever changed hands. I ordered another jeep and when it was made and delivered to the dealer I drove up in my old one, signed a ton of papers, gave the title to dealer and took delivery of the new jeep. ISG and the dealer handled all the paper work. If they are buying your jeep back for cash/ check, you shouldn't be out any money. They should reimburse you for everything.
Again, they are slow but it all worked out in the end and I'm back in a new jeep and very happy.

It looks like the OP is already $2000 for the mileage deduction, so he's definitely out money so far.
I've never heard of ISG & haven't a clue how their process works, (other than what you posted) but it wouldn't seem likely they'd buy back your car without some monetary loss.
MickinNY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-16-2014, 11:56 PM   #8
bshawn
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMHSLight View Post
Hi

I also have had Jeep agree to purchase my 2014 that spent nearly 4 weeks at the dealer due to the bad axles times 3 sets, and there was a check engine light they had a tough time figuring out. Jeep helped me out immensely, but now that I am at the repurchase point, the dealer is being difficult telling me today that they won't be able to honor the deal that jeep negotiated with me. Im really getting pissed off with this whole deal.
The dealer that is taking our "Old" vehicle isnt the same dealer we purchased it from, as we have no desire to do business with them again.
It shouldnt matter, Jeep makes these dealers whole after they do deals for the manufacturer. Oh, did I mention that there is 850 miles on the truck? Oh, and the dealer put a couple hundred on there while they were trying to figure out why the truck kept failing. Buying a new car is supposed to be fun..... right??
bshawn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-17-2014, 12:55 PM   #9
Robert J. yates
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I'm dealing with them now... my new Jeep is scheduled to be built this Thursday. They actually hot tagged it as this all went down after the MY14 order banks closed so I suppose they have some pull to make something happen when they want it to happen. No paperwork has been handled or presented yet other than me sending them proof of title and my original sales contract. My dealer has been very good to deal with so we'll see what happens.
Robert J. yates is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-17-2014, 03:31 PM   #10
chickdr
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bshawn View Post
I also have had Jeep agree to purchase my 2014 that spent nearly 4 weeks at the dealer due to the bad axles times 3 sets, and there was a check engine light they had a tough time figuring out. Jeep helped me out immensely, but now that I am at the repurchase point, the dealer is being difficult telling me today that they won't be able to honor the deal that jeep negotiated with me. Im really getting pissed off with this whole deal.
The dealer that is taking our "Old" vehicle isnt the same dealer we purchased it from, as we have no desire to do business with them again.
It shouldnt matter, Jeep makes these dealers whole after they do deals for the manufacturer. Oh, did I mention that there is 850 miles on the truck? Oh, and the dealer put a couple hundred on there while they were trying to figure out why the truck kept failing. Buying a new car is supposed to be fun..... right??
The dealer won't honor the deal Jeep negotiated? I guess a simple call to ISG should get that sorted? I would think Jeep can compel the dealer to follow through with the deal. It should be good at any dealer you like.
chickdr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2014, 09:35 AM   #11
Robert J. yates
1998 TJ Wrangler 

It occures to me that the deal can in fact be the same even down to the loan. The process is called "substitution of collateral". Talk to ISG about taking this course if action and then using ISG to negotiate with your bank.
Robert J. yates is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2014, 02:39 PM   #12
David1
2014 WK 

With some programs the dealer has to agree to a vehical purchase price as a trade assist so the vehical is not labeled a lemon. If the number is higher than market the dealer won't want it. Chrysler will not make them whole after the deal is done.
David1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-22-2014, 12:37 AM   #13
jintseng

Also working with ISG/Chrysler Resolution to get our 2014 JC Overland with a check engine light problem resolved. It's been about 6 months now and we've only driven the car really for 2 of those months.

They've nicely agreed to exchange the car and also recently offered to buy it back. We haven't enacted lemon.
jintseng is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.