Invoice Pricing - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Invoice Pricing

JK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!QTP Low Profile Cutouts Now @ MarylandSpeed- Free ShippingOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 04-05-2013, 01:51 PM   #1
zinc

Invoice Pricing

Anyone know the invoice pricing structure on the 2014 GC Overland models? On the JK forum, someone did an amazing spreadsheet with all pricing for all options and trim levels of the JK. Would love to have that information to help people figure out invoice pricing (and 1%-3% below invoice prices) on WKs that they are "building" online. I could modify that spreadsheet if I knew the data.

zinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2013, 01:58 PM   #2
NDSU_Bison
2014 WK 

This is the best pricing info I've been able to find.
http://www.**********.org/f73/2014-g...ing-52937.html

replace the ********** with J-e-e-p-g-a-r-a-g-e (and without the dashes between the letters). I don't think they allow links to that other site here.
NDSU_Bison is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2013, 03:13 PM   #3
w1pf
Who, me?

2007 WK 

easy-peasy.

Edmunds has the 2014 pricing up.

Figure out the invoice-as-a-percentage-of MSRP for the vehicle (hint:96% for '14 GC) and the options (hint:89% for '14 GC). Then add delivery ($995).

You can then look at any sticker and quickly get extremely close to invoice. Salespeople HATE it when you can do this

When I bought my '07 WK, my daughter came along for the ride (she was between her soph and junior year at college at the time).. on the way to the dealer I told her how this works.. "so we look at the sticker, figure out invoice, toss the dealer a few bucks to keep the lights on, and that's the number"

She has since used this technique to buy her own cars

...tom
Red WK #19, Hemi #68.. I think..
Durango Owners Club DOTY 2011
-------
"Must have been that yesterday was the day that I was born"
w1pf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2013, 04:41 PM   #4
TAWS600

U are forgetting about the 3% holdback. On a 45k car that's $1500 so if u throw em a few bucks they are really making a minimum $1503 plus the other profit from financing, trade and volume incentives that we don't know about. I always find the exact invoice price online, ask to see their invoice to make sure it matches and go from there.
TAWS600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2013, 04:43 PM   #5
TAWS600

My math was wrong. 3% of 45k is $1350, not $1500. But hopefully u see my point.
TAWS600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2013, 04:30 PM   #6
w1pf
Who, me?

2007 WK 

Wk

yes, absolutely right on the holdback.

How much the dealer should make is IMHO somewhat variable.

Dealers where city slickers come in and play sticker+? well, maybe they've already made enough.

The dealers I mostly deal with are rural dealers, and mostly they sell strippers to people who need wheels.. so they probably need to get a grand or so when I buy to keep the lights on.. though the place I bought the 07 from may lose me as a customer, because their service manager must own stock in KY.. every visit is a "bend over" experience...
Red WK #19, Hemi #68.. I think..
Durango Owners Club DOTY 2011
-------
"Must have been that yesterday was the day that I was born"
w1pf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2013, 04:59 PM   #7
henrysko
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by w1pf View Post
easy-peasy.

Edmunds has the 2014 pricing up.

Figure out the invoice-as-a-percentage-of MSRP for the vehicle (hint:96% for '14 GC) and the options (hint:89% for '14 GC). Then add delivery ($995).

You can then look at any sticker and quickly get extremely close to invoice. Salespeople HATE it when you can do this

When I bought my '07 WK, my daughter came along for the ride (she was between her soph and junior year at college at the time).. on the way to the dealer I told her how this works.. "so we look at the sticker, figure out invoice, toss the dealer a few bucks to keep the lights on, and that's the number"

She has since used this technique to buy her own cars

...tom
+1.
Unread 08-30-2013, 11:22 AM   #8
puzki

Percentage you stated in your post is really high. you can use service here http://www.fetchflow.com/support/que...ing-Excel.html which is free and can access anywhere you want. you can make your invoice and can send it to anyone and can download it in any format.
puzki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2013, 01:34 PM   #9
hemispin
2014 WK 

There are several thread in here discussing price. Many people are getting $5000-$6000 off sticker on 2014 Overlands. Much more of a discount than "invoice pricing" or even Costco pricing.

For the record, I got $5500 off sticker without too much effort.
hemispin is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.