Intake thoughts... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Intake thoughts...

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 12-12-2010, 11:16 PM   #1
therritz
2011 WK 

Intake thoughts...

Hey all,

This is my first post! Just picked up my new GC a couple weeks ago, and love it!

I was giving the new truck a deep-dive the other day, and in the engine compartment noticed the intake. Does any one else think it is just obscenely long, twisted, and inefficient?! Judging from the start of the intake, there's no fewer than three 90 degree bends.

Didn't but the GC expecting a race car, but it seems like a little better design and we might have a little more "pep" out of this 4600 lbs monster...just a thought!

Happy Jeeping!

therritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2010, 05:48 AM   #2
mjw930

Remember that there are certain design criteria for the WK2 such as fording depth that necessitate an intake that will not suck water into the motor. That plus the under hood real estate and the desire to keep in cabin noise below a certain level probably dictated the design.

Give the aftermarket a few months and I'm sure there will be other options.
mjw930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2010, 06:44 AM   #3
JTS97Z28

^^^ what he said. Plus, when if an aftermarket one comes out that claims a few HP you would never know or feel the difference anyway. The engineers designed it the way it is for many reasons so I'm sure it's decent. I wouldn't worry about it too much. Glad your liking the new J33P

James
JTS97Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.