Incline vibration - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Incline vibration

SYE Kits from CCOR! 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 08-21-2013, 02:28 PM   #1
staskaya

Incline vibration

I've had this vibration/shudder for sometime now, i only seem to feel it when there is a incline. I changed the modes(sport and tow) and still feel the vibration from the passenger and driver seat. Reading on this forum could it be the rear drive shaft balanced or need it to be replaced or have ESC flashed?

I know its not my tires or wheels, I've had them replaced and balanced by third party. Its not consistent vibration, only when going up incline when we feel the shudder/vibration on the highway.

Thanks for any suggestions you might have for me....

staskaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2013, 06:19 PM   #2
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

V6 or V8? Any change or correlation with fuel or gas station?
Unread 08-23-2013, 07:37 AM   #3
staskaya

Hi
Its v8 2013 limited with 11K ...I've tried different gas station and no change in the behavior. Vibration comes on accelerating highway when going up slight hill.. Probably had this vibration from day one i got the SUV brand new. I was one of the folks with bad good year tires, and dealing with Jeep dealership for three months to get a new tire put on the truck was such a hastle that I didn't want deal with Jeep for sometime so I had been ignoring this vibration or shudder feeling. But again I might have to deal with the Dealer or Jeep headquarters again seen that there are few folks like me with this issue. Reading the jeep forums some of the dealearships are trying to help and others are just saying its normal to feel the vibration on brand new car usual BS that service guy says cause he doesn't want to deal with it.
Cheers,
Unread 08-23-2013, 07:57 AM   #4
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

Some have seen an improvement by TSB 21-003-13, many have not.
Unread 08-23-2013, 09:23 AM   #5
Dave2002ti
2012 WK 

rear driveshaft failure

You will feel vibrations etc on level ground and especially when taking off from a stop. It will get worse. Mine was replaced last Jan w/o any further issues.
Dave2002ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2013, 09:28 AM   #6
staskaya

Thanks for the feedback Dave2002ti ....what did they replace exactly so I can have dealership focus on this part only?

Cheers,
Unread 08-23-2013, 10:52 AM   #7
Dave2002ti
2012 WK 

The whole rear driveshaft

They replaced the complete rear driveshaft. If your vibration is only happening on an incline then it is not the driveshaft. Also it will get worse.

When they diagnosed it as bad driveshaft the part was not supposed to be available until the middle of March. The bad driveshaft was discovered in the middle of Jan. I suspect they purloined one from another Grand Cherokee since I was getting a rental van free of charge. Or maybe they pulled one off the assembly line.
Dave2002ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2013, 03:29 PM   #8
Uponone

Have the same problem (vibration on small incline @ 1/3 throttle ) and my GC is in the dealer for a couple of days now. Got lucky and the Mechanic and Advisor are really cool about solving my problem.

Yesteday I was advised they were changing a part but the Advisor did not know what exactly what it was. It's being replaced based on the mechanic calling Chrysler Canada and going thru the steps of trying to resolve this vibration. On Monday they will install this new part and I will keep you guys informed on the details and if it resolved my problem.
Uponone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2013, 03:31 PM   #9
Uponone

BTW guys ... is the driveshaft part of the Drivetrain warranty ? Here in Canada we have Bumper to bumper 60000km and 100000 km drivetrain ...

Thanks !
Unread 08-26-2013, 07:06 AM   #10
staskaya

Can't wait to hear the results Uponone, please share.... I hope its a simple fix and its covered under warranty and it fixes this weird issue....
Unread 08-26-2013, 09:58 AM   #11
Uponone

My GC as entered the dealer this morning ... Based on Chrysler Canada they are replacing an Axle ( dont know if it's front or back ) and test after. Keep you posted.
Unread 08-26-2013, 02:27 PM   #12
staskaya

Thanks for the update, look forward to hearing back from you, hope it fixes this issue, and I'll do same according to your feedback....
Unread 08-26-2013, 02:40 PM   #13
Uponone

Well sorry guys but update will be tomorrow ... They changes the axle and found was still vibrating ... They ordered a Driveshaft and are changing it as I'm writing theses lines.

Going to be ready tomorrow they say. Keep you posted tomorrow !
Unread 08-27-2013, 11:15 AM   #14
Uponone

Well dealer just called and they changed the Driveshaft ... they say it's perfect now.

I will go pick it up and test drive it to make sure everything is ok.
Unread 08-27-2013, 11:50 AM   #15
staskaya

Oh that is great news Uponone please keep us updated, I've left the dealerships many times in the past and its not always the case what dealer says it true until the owner tests the repair...also did they replace the front or rear driveshaft?

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.