Not sure if this has been provided before but I wanted to give you some impressions after 2500 miles. The miles are a mixture of city, suburbs and two long road trips. For reference, I have a Stone White Overland, Dark/Light frost beige interior, Hemi, tow package and rear entertainment system. I'll start with the negatives.
It's really hard to come up with any but here are a few that I chalk up to any vehicle could have them.
1. Passenger side washer sprayer leaks after use and pools fluid around the sprayer then runs down the hood. Not a big problem except my Jeep is Stone White and it stains it blue. Should be an easy fix by dealer.
2. Iphone 4 works sporadically with 730N RER, even with the 4.2 software iOS...hopefully this will get worked out.
3. On one of my road trips, I had the NAV tracking correctly, then I notice a sea of blue heading down from the top of the NAV...as if I was driving into the ocean...lol. I changed the distance setting and it cleared up.
4. Also on 3D view of the NAV, any distance that is .5 miles or greater creates a white space at the top of the NAV screen. Not sure if this is normal but I've never had a NAV system do that before....it's just a little annoying.
5. The plastic backing on the front seats seems to be warping and now there is at least a 1/4" gap on the top part. It wasn't there when I bought it but the temp has since dropped and the plastic may be warping...not sure.
6. The biggest negative for me, and it doesn't bother the better half, is the bright green headlamp indicator at night. It is way too bright and becomes distracting at times. Wish there was a way that the dimmer control would work for those indicators.
7. I think the green lights on the controls are a little dated and would prefer a more subdued white lighting like the instrument cluster but this is really pushing it on a negative.
8. Supplied ipod cable in cubby hole requires you to remove the iphone from its case.
Now on to the positives:
1. I have the hemi and it is truly smoother and better than the previous hemi I owned in a charger. The MDS is much smoother and engages more often
2. Acceleration is great considering this is a 5000+ lbs vehicle. I sprinted around semi and merge onto highways with ease.
3. I'm 6'2, and the seats are the most comfortable I've ever sat in a car I've owned. I don't feel like I have to constantly adjust like I do in other vehicles.
4. This is the most quite vehicle I've ever owned. The did an outstanding job with the noise isolation. In fact is so well insulated, that I sometimes feel it gets a little warm in the cabin with everyone's body heat...lol.
5. Best feature..for me...heated steering wheel...really warms your entire body on a very cold morning.
6. Reclining rear seats a a big positive for my family. We are a tall family and it puts us at a better sitting position and the seats in the rear are very comfortable and leg room is superb. Our knees just touch the front seats but its not uncomfortable.
7. Cargo area is good. I've owned a Yukon before and although its not as much as the Yukon, its still more than enough for my needs with the back seats folded down.
8. Love the intelligent high beams that go back to low when it senses oncoming headlights...no more flicking the stick back and forth!!
9. Interior design is superb. Controls are easy to manipulate and see.
10. Acceleration, handling, rider comfort all seem to work in harmony. Road feedback is perfect, steering feel is perfect and this thing can turn in a very tight radius.
Overall impressions: I've owned many vehicles, american to imports, and I have to honestly say this is probably one of the best vehicles I've ever owned in terms of comfort, handling, luxury and capability. I've haven't had the opportunity to utilize the off road capability yet but I'm confident it won't disappoint in that area. I hear a lot of people say that Chrysler quality is horrible...and that was once true. But I think American manufactures have closed the gap on the imports. Are there some issues...sure, but that happens with a new model. Overall I think Chrysler/Jeep hit a home run on this vehicle.
Fuel Mileage: Highway 20.1 on average
City, 15.5 on average
Mixed, 17.3 on average
I only use 89 Octane.
Long term concerns: This is neither a negative nor a positive but I have long term concerns over the power lift gate. Personally I don't like the power lift gate, I don't think its necessary, but to me the motors seem like they strain when opening and closing so only time will tell if they are durable.
Final Verdict: I can't provide enough compliments to how well designed, and improved this vehicle is. Hands down the best vehicle I've owned. Then negatives are more nit picky than really negatives but wanted to provide my impressions. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone who is looking for a new ride. It's a prefect vehicle to handle anything that is thrown at it. Well done Jeep!!!