Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

I don't normally condone road rage or violence....

4K views 30 replies 20 participants last post by  kentman 
#1 ·
but I should've gotten out of the car to kick his ***!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

two lane road at a stop light. I'm in the right lane cruising to the light and there are two cars in the left lane. Light turns green, I keep rolling (never stopped) and the ******* in the left lane decides he doesn't want to wait for the car in front of him and jumps into my lane without signal, head check or anything...nearly hits me i swerve and clip the curb a bit (I didn't even notice i hit the curb till like 45 minutes later when I got to work...the initial impact was so small that I couldn't feel it)...he of course acted like nothing had happened and kept on driving away...

I race up to the guy (wish i had a v8 at this point) get up next to him blast my horn and curse him out while he just sits there sheepishly driving and drinking his coffee....

Had I known I clipped my wheel avoiding his ******* .... aaarrrgghhhh wish i had one of those russian dash cams right about now...

vent over...

See less See more
#4 ·
That can be repaired by any wheel repair shop for about $100 to $150. I had some curb damage due to a similar situation and called a mobile wheel repair shop. They came out to the parking lot of my workplace and fixed my wheel in about 30 minutes. Looked brand new, I couldn't even tell where he did the work on the rim. The damage I had was worse than that, total cost was $125, plus tip.

#12 ·
Let it out man....that's what this forum is for :brickwall

Its too bad but at the end of the day its only your rim. Body work, paint, etc are more of a headache....especially paint matching and also hoping there is no mechanical damage.

Think of it this way....you would have had to pay the deductible (+ the stress) if there was a collision. Right now you are probably paying the same amount (deductible) to get your tire fixed but without the stress of dealing with the insurance, etc.

#18 ·
I tried that paint for a chip in my Overland wheel and it didn't match up well at all. Save your money. I even tried having it repaired by a wheel repair outfit and I wasn't happy with the results, even though they tried to correct it 2 more times. I gave up an ordered a new Overland wheel, tire and TPMS. I wound up putting the repaired wheel back on my 2012 WK2 Overland that I traded in last week.

By the way, I do have this wheel assy for sale with only 1800 miles on it.

#20 ·
BobsWK2 said:
I tried that paint for a chip in my Overland wheel and it didn't match up well at all. Save your money. I even tried having it repaired by a wheel repair outfit and I wasn't happy with the results, even though they tried to correct it 2 more times. I gave up an ordered a new Overland wheel, tire and TPMS. I wound up putting the repaired wheel back on my 2012 WK2 Overland that I traded in last week.

By the way, I do have this wheel assy for sale with only 1800 miles on it.
Why didnt you stick with the new wheel?

#21 ·
Dude.. you live in the DC Metro area.. get over it.. it sucks.. trust me, I know, but it's a minor bit of rim rash, and driving around the DC area.. you are bound to get more.

I have massive asthetic damage to all 4 of my rims as a result of pot holes, ground down roads and having to change lanes to exit (I hate under construction roads), and all sorts of other crap that damages wheels.. granted.. my car has slightly lower profile wheels then your jeep.. but until I sell my car.. wheel damage is par for the course in this area.

That and around $1k per rim (dealer pricing).. I found its not worth it.

#29 ·
I avoid dc like the plague :) never ht a curb in any of my previous cars...my gc is not even over 7k miles yet...that and its the first damage to the car so my bubble bursted HARD!!!

I already emailed that company. Waiting to hear back from them.
so, what did you do? I also live in the DC Metro area and pretty much got the same damage to my 20" chrome rims in my 2013 Summit. Totally sux. I heard people say to clean it with rubbing alcohol, fill the gaps with clear nail polish and cover with chrome paint.

Did you hear back from the company you emailed?

#24 ·
I no longer swerve for folks like this.

Caused me to wreck a pristine Dodge Ram 2500 diesel several years ago - Honda carried on without issue... My insurance got to pick up the $14k repair bill, and I got the increased rates.

Let em hit me. Screw it. I'll blow my horn, maybe. Otherwise...it's their damned fault... and their damned insurance that will pay. No more nice guy from me.

Sucks.

#28 ·
While I get where you are at, I would not hit him to save the condition of a rim. I would be upset every time I see it but knowing my right/left panel on the front has been damaged and repaired I would be more pissed. Let alone having to stop, talk to the idiot and deal with w/e else would be worse. Then again, rims are just rims to me. First question a buddy of mine asked me when I got this car was, "when are you putting rims on it?" I told him I dgas and will driving in stuff that will f up rims.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.