HVAC whirling noise - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > HVAC whirling noise

Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!JEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFFThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 01-25-2015, 10:32 AM   #1
Bezy9530

HVAC whirling noise

Hi All-

I'm experiencing what I can only describe as a "whirling" noise coming from the passenger side heating/AC vent when the heat is on. The problem started immediately when a pile of snow crashed down the windshield from my roof. I checked the cabin filter, and there is no debris in it that would make that noise, but when I pulled it out, it was very damp. The sound seems to be coming from that area though. Could something be lodged in the fan or something? Thanks in advance. I feel like I may have to have the dealer look into this, but if it could be a quick fix, I would definitely prefer that!

Bezy9530 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-25-2015, 11:45 AM   #2
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

The blower motor/fan is pretty easy to drop down out of the housing if you wanted to bother to check it.
Unread 02-19-2015, 10:03 AM   #3
Jughead
2011 WK 

Wife's just started making noise, took it in.....blower motor replacement. $100 deductible with care max
1970 Corvette Stingray 454
Jughead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-19-2015, 03:05 PM   #4
14summithemi
Web Wheeler
2014 WK 

Mine had a high pitched squeal that was a bad blower motor bearing but it only appeared on setting if 7...6 and below was silent. Happened to factory motor and the replacement....3rd motor silent on 7
14summithemi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-19-2015, 06:53 PM   #5
diverb

2014 WK 

Mine does it also, noticed it the other day while I was trying to take a nap in a rest area while letting her idle and the heat on. Annoying but I can live with it
Unread 02-19-2015, 07:44 PM   #6
Pardo714

Mine was the same, got worse the colder it got. Like Jughead I took it in and the blower motor was replaced with the 100 deductible, problem solved.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.