How to tell is TSB is covered under Lifetime Warranty? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > How to tell is TSB is covered under Lifetime Warranty?

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 04-23-2014, 11:03 PM   #1
wishgiver7

I'm out of factory warranty but have the Lifetime Max Care Warranty. My dual pane sunroof has the dreaded knock and I found the TSB 23-013-13 and I'm not sure if it will be covered. Any way to check this??

wishgiver7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-23-2014, 11:35 PM   #2
modernblueWK

If the warranty is bumper to bumper then yes.
Blue WK club #4
modernblueWK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-23-2014, 11:56 PM   #3
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

You go into the dealer complaining about the symptoms (sunroof knock). If something isn't on the exclusion list, it's covered under the MaxCare Extended Service Contract. You can ask if its a warranty item. They will diagnose and repair. You could mention the TSB in passing.
Unread 04-24-2014, 09:17 AM   #4
jim_in_PA
2012 WK 

The MaxCare Lifetime Service Contract covers anything not on the list of specific exclusions. So yes, it would be covered under the contract. The TSB (which I actually had performed over the last two days...nasty, nasty, hard job!) is just an added benefit since it's a documented complaint.
Unread 04-28-2014, 10:31 PM   #5
wishgiver7

Thanks guys. I have the knock and sent a note to my dealer I purchased from asking about this TSB and they said it wasn't covered - however I read the materials (have the lifetime max care) so plan to take this into my local dealer (did not purchase from my local dealer). Hoping for a good outcome.
wishgiver7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.