How long should my JGC Order take? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > How long should my JGC Order take?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 01-31-2012, 01:06 PM   #31
Jackal01

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchias1

i'm wondering since Jackal basically got notified same time i did with everything (and he ordered 2 weeks before me) that we were the Jan custom orders and they do them all together.
Seems like a legitimate impossibility. Where is their factory?

Jackal01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2012, 01:20 PM   #32
MonteJeep
2012 WK 

I WAS excited because it went from Paint to Shipping in 1 day, but now it's been stuck in Shipping for 4 days. Unreal. I spoke to my dealer last week and they said (when it was in shipping) it was scheduled to be placed on the train to NY this past Saturday. I have no idea what's going on now. Also, never got an email ever from Chrysler. Good luck everyone. I'm on week 5 at this point (Ordered Dec. 19th)
Unread 01-31-2012, 03:00 PM   #33
mchias1
2012 WK 

talked to my dealer today. said i could expect it ready for pick up from the dealer about Feb 14. I'm in middle Georgia about an hour south of ATL.
mchias1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2012, 05:22 PM   #34
Jackal01

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchias1 View Post
talked to my dealer today. said i could expect it ready for pick up from the dealer about Feb 14. I'm in middle Georgia about an hour south of ATL.
Why would it take almost 2 weeks to get there?
Unread 01-31-2012, 06:10 PM   #35
mchias1
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal01 View Post
not sure. all i can think is maybe he told me that as a last date to get here. probably depends on the train schedule and how often the deliver truck runs. would think a train would run from detroit to ATL almost daily.
mchias1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2012, 06:41 PM   #36
Jackal01

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
not sure. all i can think is maybe he told me that as a last date to get here. probably depends on the train schedule and how often the deliver truck runs. would think a train would run from detroit to ATL almost daily.
Same with Houston.
Unread 01-31-2012, 09:12 PM   #37
TreyAnastasio14

Could be worse. I ordered mine at the start of November and was told four months minimum. I am in Canada but still have no idea why it should be that much longer.
TreyAnastasio14 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-01-2012, 04:00 AM   #38
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal01 View Post
Once the train departs Detroit the car moves right along. Until then there are plenty of scheduling variances. If the car is not loaded on the train yet, it could be waiting in Detroit for awhile.

Once the train departs Detroit, it takes about 5 days to get a car from Detroit to a Boston area dealer, two or three days on the train, a day to unload, and a day to load on a carrier for delivery to the dealer. They assemble a train in Detroit and run it out to Boston a couple times a week. Other cities are different. Someone posted a train chart a few months ago which shows how trains are typically routed and how long freight is in transit. If the rail car the JGC is on has to switch trains in route, there is another opportunity for delay.
ColdCase is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-01-2012, 04:14 AM   #39
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

Quote:
laredo - E pkg, sun roof, and security pkg.. and green

i'm wondering since Jackal basically got notified same time i did with everything (and he ordered 2 weeks before me) that we were the Jan custom orders and they do them all together.
They built about 500 JGCs a day in Detroit. The same factory builds the Durango so they may switch back and forth between the two models. But, from the factory point of view, all JGCs are built to order, whether it be dealer spec'd or customer spec'd (sold), so a customer order is nothing special. Although sometimes they will bump a sold order up in the build queue. The orders are influenced more by part and paint availability than anything else.
ColdCase is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-01-2012, 10:37 AM   #40
dientesfuertes
2012 WK 

Update: 1/6/12 Ordered overland 4x4 True blue w/ saddle.
1/31/12 picked up from dealer.
2/1/12 Loving my new truck! The technology just blows my mind. And it is so quiet, comfortable, and powerful!
img_1253.jpg  
dientesfuertes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-03-2012, 06:40 PM   #41
GPV1
2012 WK 

Just a quick update, ordered mine 1/2 arrived at dealer 2/2 and I'm picking it up tomorrow. On average it seems to be taking about 4 weeks right now.
GPV1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-03-2012, 06:55 PM   #42
Jackal01

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPV1
Just a quick update, ordered mine 1/2 arrived at dealer 2/2 and I'm picking it up tomorrow. On average it seems to be taking about 4 weeks right now.
Vehicle specs?

Unread 02-04-2012, 11:45 AM   #43
HtownOverland

4 weeks- still in Production Scheduled status

I placed my order on 1/7 and my order is still in Production Scheduled status.

Overland
4x4
Black
Saddle
Adaptive cruise

Anyone else in my same boat?
HtownOverland is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2012, 12:44 PM   #44
HtownOverland

Quote:
Originally Posted by dientesfuertes View Post
Update: 1/6/12 Ordered overland 4x4 True blue w/ saddle.
1/31/12 picked up from dealer.
2/1/12 Loving my new truck! The technology just blows my mind. And it is so quiet, comfortable, and powerful!
Do you have the Hemi or the V6? I ordered one day after you and other than black paint, they appear identical.
HtownOverland is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2012, 01:11 PM   #45
dientesfuertes
2012 WK 

Hemi (but no adaptive cruise)
dientesfuertes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.