How long should my JGC Order take? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > How long should my JGC Order take?

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Advance Adapters SYE KitsRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 01-26-2012, 07:59 AM   #16
MonteJeep
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobsWK2

Does your dealer have your email address? If so, they are supposed to submit it with the order.
They have me email bc that is where they sent me the invoice and contract.

Unread 01-26-2012, 09:28 AM   #17
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchias1 View Post
i've heard some people mention "late availability" options. what are those/does that mean?
That means you can't order that option now but the option should be available to order sometime during the model year.
ColdCase is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2012, 12:07 AM   #18
BobsWK2
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonteJeep View Post
They have me email bc that is where they sent me the invoice and contract.
Then ask your dealer if he sent your email to Chrysler.
BobsWK2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2012, 03:38 AM   #19
mchias1
2012 WK 

i got a automatic email from chrysler yesterday stating they received my order. those of you who have not heard anything yet, will definitely want to get in touch w/ the dealer to see if they did what they were supposed to do.
mchias1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2012, 06:35 AM   #20
mchias1
2012 WK 

just received my 2nd email stated it was ready for production w/ the VIN number.

getting really excited for my new SUV
Unread 01-27-2012, 07:22 AM   #21
SplitPoly
2003 WJ 

I ordered a GC last night. The dealer said that I missed the cutoff for January and that my order wouldn't be processed until mid Feb. They also said that build times are backed up and that it would be April before I saw my Jeep.

Not sure if they were telling me that so that I'd look harder at what they had available on the lot. Or, it could be true...

When I got home last night and discovered this thread, I called my dealer to ask about following the build progress. He didn't have a clue about any of it. In fact, he told me that there wasn't a way to be notified.

With that said, I'm assuming that my dealer didn't put my email address down when submitting my order.

Can I contact Chrysler directly and get on the list? Or do I have to continue to work with the dealer?
Unread 01-27-2012, 07:58 AM   #22
mchias1
2012 WK 

splitpoly,
i put my GC order in on monday night. the dealer told me the Jan cut off was wed. not sure if my order went in on tues or wed (doesn't really matter). but i got an email direct from chrysler on thurs and the 2nd one this morning. this is my first time ordering a car, so my 2 cents would be you may need to wait for the next cycle to start being processed in feb. feel bad for you b/c if you are like me you are really looking forward to the jeep.
Unread 01-27-2012, 09:29 AM   #23
MonteJeep
2012 WK 

I havent recieved any emails but have been following along on the tracking website. It says its being shipped today. Im guessing i should have it by next week but no word from the dealer.
Unread 01-31-2012, 07:42 AM   #24
mchias1
2012 WK 

just received a email from Jeep. My GC has been produced and being loaded for shipment to my dealer. been 1 week since my order was placed.
Unread 01-31-2012, 08:03 AM   #25
GaryGC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchias1 View Post
just received a email from Jeep. My GC has been produced and being loaded for shipment to my dealer. been 1 week since my order was placed.
Wow, that it quick.

I just placed my order last Friday night (Jan 27th) so the order probably wasn't placed until yesterday (Jan 30th) by the Dealer. I gave my e-mail address, so how long would you say it will take before I hear something back? (Or at least an acknowledgement, or some number to track on the Jeep Website?)

Thanks
GaryGC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2012, 08:37 AM   #26
mchias1
2012 WK 

GaryGC,
I don't know. I do know that when i put my order in the dealer told me the Jan order cut off was last wed. so it probably depends on what's going on at the plant with the orders. Mine wasn't that special of an order, just didn't have any green ones on the lot or anywhere.
Unread 01-31-2012, 11:28 AM   #27
Jackal01

2012 WK 

I ordered mine on 1/9. I got the VON on 1/27 (friday) and it said "Scheduled Production". This morning it is at "Shipment". w00t! Dealer ETA was 6-8 weeks. Working on week 4.

I wonder how long it will take from where ever it is built (MI?) to Houston.
Jackal01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2012, 11:30 AM   #28
SplitPoly
2003 WJ 

What build did you guys order? Laredo, Limited, Overland? 4x2 or 4x4?

I'm curious to know if there's a delay for a certain build over another.

Thanks.
Unread 01-31-2012, 12:04 PM   #29
mchias1
2012 WK 

laredo - E pkg, sun roof, and security pkg.. and green

i'm wondering since Jackal basically got notified same time i did with everything (and he ordered 2 weeks before me) that we were the Jan custom orders and they do them all together.
Unread 01-31-2012, 01:03 PM   #30
Jackal01

2012 WK 

Laredo 4x4, E, Offroad Adventure 1, Tow, Black forest green, black cloth.

'12 Laredo V6 ORA1|Terra Grappler 265-70-17|MB TKO 17x8.5|Silverstar Ultra low beams|Mopar Front and Rear WK2 slush mats|RRO 2.5" lift
BWoody extended sway bar links|K&N 77 Series Intake|Gibson Exhaust | Viair OBA | RRO Combo Winch mount| Q9000S winch| KC ProSport HID Hilites

Items for sale. See my thread for pictures. PM for details.

K&N 77 series cold air intake

Cobra 75 CB radio
Jackal01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.