How hot do your heated seats get? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > How hot do your heated seats get?

UCF Black Friday SaleLOCKERS!!!! - ARB, Auburn, Detroit, Eaton, OX, Spartan, YuRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 01-02-2014, 09:34 AM   #16
NDSU_Bison
2014 WK 

Ours get really hot after a few minutes on high, just like they did on our old 2008 WK.

NDSU_Bison is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-02-2014, 10:39 AM   #17
MickinNY
2013 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonguy View Post
Seats in my 2011 GC Lorado X don't seem to get very warm at all compared to the Hyandia Sante Fe I used to have which was like having a great heating pad. Is the high and low setting automatic? Other than that little quirk, it's an awesome machine.I have googled GC seat heating issue's and it seems there is a sensor than can be replaced.
When you first hit the switch, the setting is on High. (2 illuminated lines on the switch) Hit it again & it goes on Low. (1 line on the switch)
At least that's the way it is on my '13, don't know if it's the same on your '11.
MickinNY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-02-2014, 10:45 AM   #18
MickinNY
2013 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_WK2 View Post
Hmmm... It takes like 15 minutes for my seats to get warm enough to even tell they are heated seats. There's never been a time when I've felt like I needed to turn them to the low setting. If it's 0 degrees outside - which it has been quite often lately - the seats don't feel warm at all. If it's 35 degrees outside then they feel a little bit warmer than a non-heated surface like the top of the dashboard, but still not as warm as the palm of my hand.

I think I'll have it checked out at the dealer, I just wanted to hear how they worked for others since there is some subjectivity to "warm".
No doubt it is subjective. But based on your description, I'd say you definitely have an issue going on. Hopefully it's an easy fix at the dealer. Good luck.
Unread 01-02-2014, 12:43 PM   #19
David1
2014 WK 

Mine suck. The weakest heated seats I have ever had.
David1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-02-2014, 01:11 PM   #20
moymch
2013 WK 

Quote:
I have a new 2014 Overland. I really like it a lot so far, it's the first American vehicle I've purchased in over 15 years.

One thing I've noticed is that the heated seats barely get warm. The heated steering wheel gets scorching hot, but none of the seats get more than barely lukewarm.

I've had several BMWs and with their seat heaters on high they get almost uncomfortably warm after a little while.

Just wondering how they are working for other folks... please share your experience
I agree. The seats in my 2013 Limited are nothing like the seats in my BMW.
moymch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-02-2014, 02:04 PM   #21
Ah673000
2002 WJ 

Very subjective..... My wife likes the seats on high..... Me on low. Seems a difference in a persons body fat can make a huge difference in how hot the seats " feel" .... So there is another possible solution.

Steering wheel heater is uncomfortably hot so I kill it pretty quick .

One thing to remember.... Heated seats are not a friend to fine leather - dries them out over time.
Ah673000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-02-2014, 02:25 PM   #22
overland_HO
2013 WK 

On My'13 on the double setting for the heated seat gets so hot that I have to turn if off or to the lower setting or it burns my rear! Seems odd to me, maybe they need to break in or something like mentioned above...
Unread 01-02-2014, 03:42 PM   #23
David1
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by moymch View Post
I agree. The seats in my 2013 Limited are nothing like the seats in my BMW.
Yup, my 09 X5 would make my balls sweat!
Unread 01-02-2014, 04:02 PM   #24
Jeff_WK2

Funny how it seems pretty evenly split, half say too hot, half say too cold

I would like them to get warm enough to feel some warmth through the seat of a pair of jeans. That's not the case right now.
Jeff_WK2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-02-2014, 05:34 PM   #25
13ovsummit
2013 WK 

^^^^ - Well, the double light setting on my leather seat feels just about right for me - nice and warm after about 10 minutes, but not hot, and automatically adjusts itself down to the single light setting at a certain point. Perfect for me ...
13ovsummit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2014, 10:39 AM   #26
MickinNY
2013 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ah673000 View Post

One thing to remember.... Heated seats are not a friend to fine leather - dries them out over time.
Glad you mentioned that. Since heat & leather are not a good combination, I've wondered about that very issue. (if there is one)
Unread 01-03-2014, 12:20 PM   #27
hemispin
2014 WK 

Quote:
I would like them to get warm enough to feel some warmth through the seat of a pair of jeans. That's not the case right now.
Interesting point. Your clothing would certainly play a role in how hot the seats feel. Most of my driving is commuting. I wear slacks to work, so the "high" setting burns my butt pretty quickly. The low setting works fine for me most of the time.
hemispin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2014, 01:04 PM   #28
David1
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickinNY View Post
Glad you mentioned that. Since heat & leather are not a good combination, I've wondered about that very issue. (if there is one)
That is total BS.....
Unread 01-03-2014, 01:55 PM   #29
Jeff_WK2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemispin View Post
Interesting point. Your clothing would certainly play a role in how hot the seats feel. Most of my driving is commuting. I wear slacks to work, so the "high" setting burns my butt pretty quickly. The low setting works fine for me most of the time.
Even if I put my bare hand between the seat and my butt it barely feels warm. Actually, I wouldn't even use the description "warm". It just feels slightly less cold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David1 View Post
That is total BS.....
Yeah, I have 15 year old and 7 year old BMWs with heated leather seats and they are still like new. Not dried out at all.
Jeff_WK2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2014, 04:16 PM   #30
mitchgendron

I don't find mine warm at all, even if I auto-start it, it seems like i need to sit on the seat before it actually warms the leather.
I just had the heat pad replaced on the driver side (2011), only because there was a "tech tip" for replacement. no difference.
It was tested before and after and the result was 90 degrees. to spec I'm told.
At least it does warm up.
mitchgendron is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.