How hot do your heated seats get? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > How hot do your heated seats get?

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsNew jk doors from steinjager

Unread 12-31-2013, 10:27 PM   #1
Jeff_WK2

How hot do your heated seats get?

I have a new 2014 Overland. I really like it a lot so far, it's the first American vehicle I've purchased in over 15 years.

One thing I've noticed is that the heated seats barely get warm. The heated steering wheel gets scorching hot, but none of the seats get more than barely lukewarm.

I've had several BMWs and with their seat heaters on high they get almost uncomfortably warm after a little while.

Just wondering how they are working for other folks... please share your experience

Jeff_WK2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-31-2013, 10:41 PM   #2
oldmac1
2014 WK 

My seats also get warm, not hot, and the steering wheel gets hotter than the seats. My older GC's were much warmer than the 2014. Still nice though on a cold morning.
15 Rubicon Unlimited
oldmac1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-01-2014, 02:21 AM   #3
Medpilot
2014 WK 

Mine take about 3-5 minutes, but they get pretty warm. After about 10 minutes I have to turn them down to the low setting.

I have a 14 Overland. No complaints about the seat warmers. Unfortunently this complaint does come up quite a bit on the forum. Don't know if there's a fix.
Medpilot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-01-2014, 03:44 AM   #4
wriggly1dog
2014 WK 

Just bought the wife a new Subaru on Monday. Her seats get much warmer than the jeep, and to add insult to injury the seats are much more comfortable too. I had a Mustang GT convertible and the seats in that car had the best heaters I ever experienced..
wriggly1dog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-01-2014, 06:30 AM   #5
MJS
2014 WK 

The heated seats on my 2014 Limited get pretty hot. More so on the seat bottom. I usually have to turn them to the low position after a few minutes.

The heated steering wheel gets plenty warm too, but I usually leave that on.
MJS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-01-2014, 06:45 AM   #6
TurboRush

Mine were not terribly warm at first but it seems they've broken themselves in after so many uses and get very warm after about 5 minutes. I thought I saw someone else post that theirs got a lot warmer over some amount of usage too???
TurboRush is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-01-2014, 06:54 AM   #7
EllisWyatt
2013 WK 

The seats on our Trailhawk get plenty warm. The bottoms are "suede" so they don't feel as cold as leather to begin with.
EllisWyatt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-01-2014, 07:02 AM   #8
MickinNY
2013 WK 

No complaints with my heated seats. Once my seat warms up on the high setting (about 2-3 mins.) I switch to the low setting. That's very comfortable for me. Leaving it on High is too warm. This is my first vehicle with heated seats & I've gotten along fine in the past without it. But it's also my first time with leather seats, so I'd hate being without that feature on these cold winter days. Love it.
MickinNY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-01-2014, 08:00 AM   #9
NC4stroker
2014 WK 

My seats on the 14 GC seem to get warmer than the seats on my 11 GC. They both are warm enough. Both steering wheels can bake a turkey!
NC4stroker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-01-2014, 08:58 AM   #10
HaydenHunter
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickinNY View Post
No complaints with my heated seats. Once my seat warms up on the high setting (about 2-3 mins.) I switch to the low setting. That's very comfortable for me. Leaving it on High is too warm. This is my first vehicle with heated seats & I've gotten along fine in the past without it. But it's also my first time with leather seats, so I'd hate being without that feature on these cold winter days. Love it.
^^^This^^^

First time with heated seats. Loving it so far. It's my wife's car, and she jokes that she feels "like a Princess". Steering wheel gets hot instantly. Seats take some time (5 minutes?) but eventually get so warm that you have to turn them to low. This is on a 2014 Limited July build.
HaydenHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-01-2014, 09:40 AM   #11
moonguy

Seats in my 2011 GC Lorado X don't seem to get very warm at all compared to the Hyandia Sante Fe I used to have which was like having a great heating pad. Is the high and low setting automatic? Other than that little quirk, it's an awesome machine.I have googled GC seat heating issue's and it seems there is a sensor than can be replaced.
moonguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-01-2014, 10:06 AM   #12
lawbreaker
2012 WK 

Feels like you could fry an egg on my 2012 seats never had it on high very long.
lawbreaker is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-01-2014, 10:41 AM   #13
Tiburon
2011 WK 

It is subjective question. I live on the Mississippi Gulf Coast and feel like the seats get quite warm. I can see where some one living in colder climes might have a different perspective.
Unread 01-01-2014, 10:58 AM   #14
Jeff_WK2

Hmmm... It takes like 15 minutes for my seats to get warm enough to even tell they are heated seats. There's never been a time when I've felt like I needed to turn them to the low setting. If it's 0 degrees outside - which it has been quite often lately - the seats don't feel warm at all. If it's 35 degrees outside then they feel a little bit warmer than a non-heated surface like the top of the dashboard, but still not as warm as the palm of my hand.

I think I'll have it checked out at the dealer, I just wanted to hear how they worked for others since there is some subjectivity to "warm".
Jeff_WK2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-02-2014, 07:55 AM   #15
lakeglenville

I always thought the seats do not get very warm. I can leave it on high and barely feel it after being on for 30 min or more. In my opinion, they need some type of adjustment as other vehicles I have had, the seats get quite warm on high and I have always had to turn down to low within 15 minutes or so. So those of us that live in areas that get quite cold in the winter, having warm seats is really nice bonus.
lakeglenville is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.