Hoop Side Step - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Hoop Side Step

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valuePANDEMIC-USA 50" Double row LED LIGHT BAR!! These thiFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 07-26-2015, 01:22 PM   #1
TKE

Hoop Side Step

Hey! First post. I just got a 15 Altitude all back and loving it! I'm coming from a RX-8, so it is a big difference to say the least. I couldn't deal with the winters in the RX-8 any longer.

I have one problem though... My girl is super short and is having a real hard time getting in and out. I don't want to go full step bars. Are there any hoop like steps available? I would like to put just one on the front passenger. Something that would not require permanent modification, ie holes to be drilled, if possible.

TKE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-27-2015, 06:42 PM   #2
2kg4u
2014 WK 

Now that you stepped up to a big boy's car maybe you should step up to a taller girlfriend!!!

(my sincerest apologies ... I couldn't resist)
2kg4u is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-27-2015, 07:09 PM   #3
polizei

She must be really short, because my wife and I are both 5'4" and mine's lifted and we don't have any trouble...

Just tell her to jump!
Unread Yesterday, 08:19 AM   #4
2kg4u
2014 WK 

On a more serious note, I don't think you will find what you are looking for. The running boards on my JGC are mounted to the body at 3 equally spaced points, which means whatever weight the step is carrying is spread out to 3 mounting points. Having a single step point such as you reference would mean a single mount point, and I don't believe there is anything to mount to that would take all the weight on a single point.

Why not running boards?
2kg4u is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread Yesterday, 08:47 AM   #5
TKE

Thanks guys. She is 4'11'' and pulls on the seat/door/A pillar when getting in. I still have that new car paranoia that something is gonna break/get damaged. I will probably get over it soon. If she starts complaining maybe I'll go full running boards, but the all black Altitude looks so clean and sexy without them.
TKE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread Yesterday, 11:02 AM   #6
wyat72
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKE View Post
Thanks guys. She is 4'11'' and pulls on the seat/door/A pillar when getting in. I still have that new car paranoia that something is gonna break/get damaged. I will probably get over it soon. If she starts complaining maybe I'll go full running boards, but the all black Altitude looks so clean and sexy without them.
Buy all black running boards.
Unread Yesterday, 06:41 PM   #7
JRomig
2013 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKE View Post
Uh oh don't let the Mrs read this or she'll take that as u calling her fat.. my wife is 4'11" also and I have the QL so I will secretly raise it without her knowing so she stumbles getting in.. I get hit for it everytime but it's always worth the chuckle lol
JRomig is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread Yesterday, 07:38 PM   #8
volvite
1999 WJ 

I have not found them for a WK2 yet but have you thought about asking companies about power running boards?

http://www.quadratec.com/showcases/b...ps/power_step/

They drop down when you open the door but then slide up and are hidden when the door closes and keeps your style and sleek look of the altitude.

Just a thought.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.