Hill Descent button - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Hill Descent button

Ring & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, BaRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 12-01-2011, 07:45 PM   #1
Greg012GCO
2012 WK 

Hill Descent button

I tried the hill descent button today going down my driveway in 16" of snow, and then again going down a steep hill near my home, and both times the button would blink and then go out. Does the hill descent function only work when in tow mode? or 4-low?

Greg012GCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2011, 07:48 PM   #2
efrench515
2012 WK 

It only works in 4-low
Unread 12-01-2011, 08:08 PM   #3
Greg012GCO
2012 WK 

The Hill Start Assist system assists the driver when starting a vehicle from a stop on a hill.
The Hill Descent Control system maintains vehicle speed while descending hills during off-road driving situations and is available in 4WD HIGH range and 4WD LOW range.

from Jeep.com
Unread 12-01-2011, 08:58 PM   #4
Greg012GCO
2012 WK 

from the owners manual:

Hill Descent Control (HDC) — Four-Wheel Drive
Models With MP3023 Two-Speed Transfer Case Only HDC maintains vehicle speed while descending hills during off-road driving situations and is available in 4WD LOW range only. To enable HDC, press the HDC switch or put the Selec-Terrain™ system in "ROCK" mode ("ROCK" mode is only available in 4WD LOW range).

humph.
Unread 12-02-2011, 06:46 AM   #5
nathantw
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg012GCO View Post
The Hill Start Assist system assists the driver when starting a vehicle from a stop on a hill.
The Hill Descent Control system maintains vehicle speed while descending hills during off-road driving situations and is available in 4WD HIGH range and 4WD LOW range.

from Jeep.com
I had the same problem as you where the button would blink then go out. I read the manual and I too interpreted the AWD HIGH range as meaning I could just press the button and down the hill I went. I guess not. Gotta put it on low and then descend. Not quite what the manual said.
nathantw is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.