Hemifever tune with Diabsport Tuners - Page 4 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #46 of 67 Old 07-08-2013, 02:22 PM Thread Starter
dizz1979
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbeltz View Post
I have a 2011 GC Hemi that has what people are calling a "fish bite" more noticeable when coming from a complete stop turning left... Has anyone had that and did the hemi tune correct the problem?
Thanks!
Yes, no fishbite here and completely thrilled with my hemifever tune. Sean just sent me an update to the tune, I didn't even ask for it. It made a great tune even better.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 67 Old 07-08-2013, 02:23 PM
sbeltz
2011 XJ Cherokee 

Did you have the fishbite before the tune?
post #48 of 67 Old 07-08-2013, 02:24 PM
sbeltz
2011 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizz1979

Yes, no fishbite here and completely thrilled with my hemifever tune. Sean just sent me an update to the tune, I didn't even ask for it. It made a great tune even better.
Did you have the fishbite issue before the tune?
post #49 of 67 Old 07-09-2013, 06:56 AM Thread Starter
dizz1979
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbeltz View Post
Did you have the fishbite issue before the tune?
Yes at times, especially around 50-60 mph. Transmission is so much more responsive now too.
post #50 of 67 Old 09-05-2013, 04:58 PM
sme9
2011 WK 

A question regarding the tune... I have a TSB (or 2) pending for my '11 GC. Should I address those before I order the tuner? Also, I am planning on installing a CAI as well (even after my dealer told me it would void my warranty ). What would be the best plan of action... install the CAI before or after the tuner? Thanks all!
post #51 of 67 Old 09-07-2013, 07:55 PM
wuaname

Any one have the tuner on the 2014?

I am wondering if the bs some dealers feed the customers about warranty vs aftermarket is true and comes from Dodge/ Jeep Group or are the dealers talking out of their ** and don't know Jeep's policy 100%?
post #52 of 67 Old 11-04-2013, 09:29 AM
APBTwk2

First poster here! First I'd like to thank every one on this forum for all the information and help before I had even become a member. I ordered the Diablo Trinity Directly from Hemifever, sean helped me with all my shipping questions along the way. I was under the impression that ordering The trinity Diablo directly from Hemifever would come with his Pre-loaded tunes however all I have is Diablos. I know the main benefit that the Hemifever is sending him over your stock readings and your other octane reading ( in my case 93 Octane which I have sent). Any one else experience this issue, or am I mistaken about Hemifevers Preoloaded tunes. Thanks in advance, maybe I have lost my marbles.
post #53 of 67 Old 11-04-2013, 11:35 PM
frivest
2011 WK 

I had hemifever on my 11 ram 1500 hemi and loved it! Second time around it's only 50$ for a retune. His shift pattern is the biggest gain in the tune... If you found that you weren't getting much part throttle power you'll be nicely surprised

Im running his 89 tune on my 11 GC hemi as well and its great. Need to get a few leaks warrantied before I run his 91 and catalog it.
Less of a gain on the GC but it was better tuned from the factory. Both are/were stock
post #54 of 67 Old 11-04-2013, 11:41 PM
frivest
2011 WK 

Send him an email once you get your tuner... You'll need to tune it with a diablo out-of-the-box tunes... Pick your favorite... Bring your tuner back to your computer and get your factory tune and last flashed tune from the trinity... Email him those 2 files and he'll get back to you with his tune for your vehicle.

He can't write you a custom tune until you send him those files. Get familiar with DSDownloader
post #55 of 67 Old 11-07-2013, 05:19 AM
APBTwk2

Thank you , frivest. Sean also cleared it up for me I have my custom Hemifever tune now and wow what a difference! Hes still asking me to check some diagnostics to tweak it just right ( also a 0-75mph WOT test) which is were I am finding difficulty finding a road haha. Not sure if the Trinity will pick this up in my in my next upload to computer, or if I have to physically monitor some diagnostics..
post #56 of 67 Old 11-13-2013, 08:46 AM
elarm1
2011 WK 

Woooaahhh!!! What a difference a tune makes!!! Not as fast as my 05 Hemi Magnum which could chirp third gear shifts but it's a whole lot more responsive! I can't wait to send my tune back to Kol for an update.

2011 Grand Cherokee Overland Hemi QL QDII QLII
5% tint
20" gen2 SRTGC Chrome wheels
InTunes by HemiFever
post #57 of 67 Old 09-03-2015, 08:55 PM
Spleef
2012 WK 

First time poster here.
I have to share my recent awesome Hemifever experience with everyone that may be in my shoes.
I recently purchased a used Jeep 2012 Overland Hemi 5.7L(Got a killer deal on it). It had a beautiful axle back Gibson exhaust that looked recently installed. Loved the vehicle but started to notice the engine and trans performance were not what I would expect a modern 5.7L to be. Slow downshifts. When it would finally decide to downshift it went all in no half measures here. God forbid what towing a heavy trailer would have been like, sluggish accelerator pedal response, inconsistent performance sometime peppy other times it felt dead asleep and of course always asleep when you really want it. I was worried that I had bought somebody's failed experiment and that they dumped it because something they did ruined the drivability.(Explains the good deal now).
Reading the forums these problems appear common in the WK2 11/12 vintage.
Also the 2011 and 2012 were the only 2 years to have the 6 speed tranny.
13's and up have 8 speeds which made me wonder if this was partially Jeeps failed experiment as well.
I decided to see what I could do to make this thing bearable to live with or I would cut my losses and trade it in...
I took the Jeep in and got all of the transmission TSB's I could find for drivability and transmission issues done.
TSB 21-010-12 and 21-003-13 to be exact..
One was a reprogram to enhance shifting performance the other was a valve body spacer that was supposed to stop the slamming noise when shifting from D to P and also to stop a bump feeling when taking off from a dead stop. These didn't cost me anything and did help somewhat and I could have probably lived with it at this point. Strangely enough I never noticed the dreaded "Fishbite" phenomena that is not until these two TSB were done. 1 step forward 2 steps back I guess. The fishbite may have been always there IDK wouldn't surprise me. It's without a doubt worse when the AC is on. I bought the thing in spring and never used the air much till right around the time I had the TSB's done. Needless to say I was not happy about my new found epileptic feature.
I couldn't help thinking that maybe these things are intentionally detuned by design to pass emission and MPG requirements.
I finally decided to drink the Koolaid and get a Diablo Intune I-1000 DCX. After reading the reviews from Amazon and this forum I also made the call to get the system through Hemifever with his enhanced updates.
My advice is the Hemi fever tunes are a must! Spend the extra money for the HF tunes or don't bother at all.
You can get some drivability improvements and maybe a tiny bit more pep with the Diablo tunes but the real magic happens after you get your custom files back from Sean. He gives you 2 custom tailored tunes just for your setup one is for 87/89 and the other for 93. He will tweak the 93 even more for you once you send him a log from the Diablo using 93 fuel.
This woke my WK2 up from the dead and I smile every time I step on the gas now. And if you do decide to stay off the gas the mileage goes up a tick better than you would normally get from stock.
Plus no more fishbite!
Needless to say this was worth every penny and I'm keeping my Jeep now.
post #58 of 67 Old 09-04-2015, 05:35 AM
Lightninrod
2013 WK 

Spleef, don't mean to be a nit-picker but the 2013 V8s have the 6-speed auto too. At least mine does , and I love it.

Dan
post #59 of 67 Old 09-04-2015, 05:41 AM
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

Yeah that 6 speed has been around in one name or another since about 1989 (a 16 year experiment). It has some well known inefficient gearing situation. This is the only report I can remember that indicated the transmission operation improved beside the shift point changes. Has Diablo fixed the ABS light and a few other software problems yet? Didn't think so. There doesn't seem to be any bug fix work, as if Diablo sent it to market and forgot about it.

Current: 2011 Grand Cherokee Overland V8, 2009 Liberty Rocky Mt V6
Previous: 2000 Grand Cherokee Laredo I6, 1979 CJ7 I6 Quadratrac
post #60 of 67 Old 09-04-2015, 10:50 AM
murderedoutGC
2015 WK 

Would be interested to see if there is a tune out to do anything to the 2015's with the 8speed.

granted its the wrong site, but was hoping sean sold these for silverado's too(my dad needs one for his truck when pulling our travel trailer). Any ideas?

2016 GC Overland High Altitude White on black

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.