Hemifever tune with Diabsport Tuners - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Hemifever tune with Diabsport Tuners

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 04-16-2013, 01:25 PM   #31
shudog
2012 WK 

Need more feedback on this, anyone else have this tune and feedback on fuel mileage, engine response, trans shifting?

shudog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-16-2013, 10:49 PM   #32
doz
2012 WK 

Ive said it multiple times in multiple threads. Its the best thing you can do to your Jeep. The transmission shifts SO much better with HFT's tune and the engine response (ie: torque management REDUCED) is much better. Fuel mileage? There isnt much you can do to gain a ton of fuel mileage. I saw .5-1mpg gain which is really nothing. If you are looking for MPG with a Hemi, you purchased the wrong engine.
doz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-17-2013, 06:14 AM   #33
dizz1979
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shudog View Post
Need more feedback on this, anyone else have this tune and feedback on fuel mileage, engine response, trans shifting?
I mentioned earlier that my canned Diablosport tune actually caused me to lose 1-1.5 mpg but when I went with the Hemifever Tunning, it actually increased about .5 above stock for city driving.

The engine response and transmission shifts are so much different that stock and also with canned Diablo tune. The power-band is strong all the way up to the redline with this tune. You won't regret it and the additional cost over purchasing a Diablo product is minimal...$125.
dizz1979 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-17-2013, 11:06 PM   #34
doz
2012 WK 

Its actually free if you purchase a Trinity tuner from him directly. Trinity costs $599 (set by Diablosport). HFT includes the tune in that price. Theres a smaller $40 or so fee over the cost of the Intune if you purchase that from him.
Unread 04-18-2013, 06:37 AM   #35
dizz1979
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by doz View Post
Its actually free if you purchase a Trinity tuner from him directly. Trinity costs $599 (set by Diablosport). HFT includes the tune in that price. Theres a smaller $40 or so fee over the cost of the Intune if you purchase that from him.
Thanks for pointing that out. I already owned a Trinity so to me it was $125. Best money ever spent!
dizz1979 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-18-2013, 03:24 PM   #36
Ewrcavalier
2011 WK 

How do you install into our trucks? Do you just plug in, then take it out? Or do I have to keep a monitor installed in the truck somewhere?
Ewrcavalier is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-18-2013, 11:13 PM   #37
doz
2012 WK 

You don thave to keep the monitor installed. You can install the tune and pull the thing out if you want. If thats what you are looking to do, look into an InTune DCX. It has the same capabilities as far as tuning as Trinity but it doesnt have the extras.

Its easy to install. Just plug into the OBDII port and follow the instructions. Select your tune and select install.
Unread 04-23-2013, 07:43 AM   #38
jonrissman
2012 WK 

I recently purchased the hemifever tune and I'm very pleased. I don't think my MPG changed very much but the GC shifts much better, up and down. Sean Powel is great! The first tune he sent me needed to be tweeked, I didn't like the tweeks so he sent me another tune. He worked with me like he was my best friend. I think we had about 30 emails back and forth.
jonrissman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-23-2013, 09:05 AM   #39
tubbyzj
1990 XJ Cherokee 

I just only read your first post an I'm going to look into it with the hemi fever tune my gf drives our overland more then I do I'm always in my daily driver 2010 tundra 5.7 an that has much better pick up an power I was somewhat shocked when I took the overland an it felt slower at take off.
Unread 05-06-2013, 10:09 AM   #40
shudog
2012 WK 

I was on the fence about going with a Pentastar V6 or the Hemi V8, but the available tuning option for the V8 seals the deal. WK2 guys with the V6 seem to be out of luck
Unread 05-06-2013, 03:05 PM   #41
Ungerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shudog
I was on the fence about going with a Pentastar V6 or the Hemi V8, but the available tuning option for the V8 seals the deal. WK2 guys with the V6 seem to be out of luck
That will be not so in the new year ripp
Ungerer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-07-2013, 02:00 PM   #42
doz
2012 WK 

RIPP will be making a kit for the JK's but that doesnt mean itll work on the WK2. Still need the tuning for the WK2 v6........ And that remains to be seen.
Unread 05-08-2013, 05:35 PM   #43
Ungerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by doz
RIPP will be making a kit for the JK's but that doesnt mean itll work on the WK2. Still need the tuning for the WK2 v6........ And that remains to be seen.
They have one for the v6 3.6L wrangler already and will be looking into the JGC soon So hopefully the will have one for it too .
Ungerer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-08-2013, 11:22 AM   #44
sbeltz
2011 XJ Cherokee 

I have a 2011 GC Hemi that has what people are calling a "fish bite" more noticeable when coming from a complete stop turning left... Has anyone had that and did the hemi tune correct the problem?
Thanks!
sbeltz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-08-2013, 12:33 PM   #45
shudog
2012 WK 

Don't quote me but I believe the tune is mostly improving the transmission shifting. If you read all 3 pages of this thread, everyone seems very pleased

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.