Hemifever tune with Diabsport Tuners - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Hemifever tune with Diabsport Tuners

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 03-25-2013, 03:19 PM   #16
shudog
2012 WK 

so when you call Hemifever for a tune, what sort of options are actually available? Does he ask about shift firmness settings? Obviously there are options on the 89/93 octane tunes...

shudog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2013, 05:40 PM   #17
doz
2012 WK 

What options are you looking for specifically? There are options yes. You can give him an idea of what you are looking for. I wanted quicker downshifts and thus he gave it to me
doz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2013, 06:44 AM   #18
dizz1979
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by doz View Post
What options are you looking for specifically? There are options yes. You can give him an idea of what you are looking for. I wanted quicker downshifts and thus he gave it to me
The only thing I told Sean was that I had a Mopar CAI and I wanted to make sure I got the most out of the increased airflow with his tune. THat is the only thing I asked for. I got more power and quick decisive shifts and downshifts. That comes without asking.
dizz1979 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2013, 10:39 PM   #19
007-MEDIC

Well I started out my evening trying to install the Diablo 91 tune so I could come inside and get the hemifever tune. But after installing the tune with my 265/65/18 tire size I now have an ABS light I can't get rid of. I restored to the factory settings but it's still there. Not pleased. Emailed everyone I could find and I am tired of trolling the forums.

Anyone else have this issue?
007-MEDIC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2013, 11:01 PM   #20
DirtyDuc83

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007-MEDIC View Post
Well I started out my evening trying to install the Diablo 91 tune so I could come inside and get the hemifever tune. But after installing the tune with my 265/65/18 tire size I now have an ABS light I can't get rid of. I restored to the factory settings but it's still there. Not pleased. Emailed everyone I could find and I am tired of trolling the forums.

Anyone else have this issue?
That seems like a common issue when changing the tire size...I don't believe there has been a fix determined. Maybe driving around awhile with the stock tune back on will eventually turn the ABS Light off, or see if you can clear it with the DTC scan tool in the intune...
DirtyDuc83 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-27-2013, 02:11 AM   #21
doz
2012 WK 

Yeah, the tire size change is an issue that is well known and documented extensively on their forums as well as others (RAM forums especially). No fix as of yet. You have to remember that tuning just became available and there will be minor issues. They will be worked out.

Restore the stock tune, clear the code and you should be good to go. If that doesnt work, then pull the battery cable and have the PCM reset.
doz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-02-2013, 03:45 AM   #22
dizz1979
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by doz View Post
Yeah, the tire size change is an issue that is well known and documented extensively on their forums as well as others (RAM forums especially). No fix as of yet. You have to remember that tuning just became available and there will be minor issues. They will be worked out.

Restore the stock tune, clear the code and you should be good to go. If that doesnt work, then pull the battery cable and have the PCM reset.
Did that solve your problem with the light?
dizz1979 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-02-2013, 08:05 AM   #23
007-MEDIC

I talked to the guys at Diablo last week. They said a fix should be out very soon to correct the ABS light issue. It might be out I haven't checked for updates yet this week.

I left mine on, the tune is so much better I can live with the light for a bit. Sean at Hemifever also mentioned they are correcting an issue with the 2011s not uploading custom tunes.
Unread 04-03-2013, 07:55 AM   #24
lysol
2013 WK 

They need to get on the '13... Still nothing yet.
Unread 04-03-2013, 08:55 AM   #25
txwest
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lysol View Post
The rest of us had to wait Several Years to finally get a tune......

Sent from my S-III using JeepForum

Past Jeeps:
'80 CJ-7 I6 4x4 Std
'86 Comanchee I4 4x4 Std
'99 WJ Laredo 4.0 4x4 AWD
txwest is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2013, 08:37 PM   #26
13ovsummit
2013 WK 

Wk

Quote:
Originally Posted by lysol View Post
+1 - not liking the years of waiting comment(s) I read above - but, it is what it is I guess. Sean @ hemifever seems to be further along than the other vendors/tuners - I'll be keeping a close eye on his efforts for sure.

Rob
13ovsummit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2013, 11:15 PM   #27
007-MEDIC

Talked to them again today. The ABS fix was supposed to be out today' but again I haven't seen it. The tune is great but not impressed with their communication.
Unread 04-03-2013, 11:39 PM   #28
DirtyDuc83

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007-MEDIC View Post
Talked to them again today. The ABS fix was supposed to be out today' but again I haven't seen it. The tune is great but not impressed with their communication.
Thanks for the update. Please post up when you find out the fix. Been holding off on the tire size change until this issue is resolved.
Unread 04-04-2013, 02:23 PM   #29
Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDuc83 View Post
Thanks for the update. Please post up when you find out the fix. Been holding off on the tire size change until this issue is resolved.
Already mounted larger P275/55R20 tires.

Can't wait to try one of these tunes, but if I can't change the tire size to correct speedometer and odometer readings I'll wait until Diablo gets the ABS light issue straightened out.
Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2013, 08:28 PM   #30
DirtyDuc83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor View Post
Already mounted larger P275/55R20 tires.

Can't wait to try one of these tunes, but if I can't change the tire size to correct speedometer and odometer readings I'll wait until Diablo gets the ABS light issue straightened out.
Oh I already have larger tires...i just havent changed it in the tuner yet because I dont want the ABS light on.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.