JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f309/)
-   -   Hemifever tune with Diabsport Tuners (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f309/hemifever-tune-diabsport-tuners-1496777/)

dizz1979 03-21-2013 08:37 AM

Hemifever tune with Diabosport Tuners

Oh my god, is all I can say. I was fairly happy with my 87 tune I installed using my Diablosport Trinity, but then I found out about a company called hemifevertuning.com and how Sean Powell provides a custom tune utilizing your Trinity or Intune. He offers either an 89 or 93 tune.

I installed the 89 tune and it's night and day when comparing the stock Diable 87 performance tune to Hemifever's 89 tune. The most noticeable difference is that Sean actually reprograms the TCM. Now I have zero hesitation when stepping on the gas. He'll also have you send a data log so he can makes final tweeks to the tune to get the optimum performance out of it and yes, he adjusts for those that have bolt on's such as my Mopar CAI!

The great news, is that this only cost $125 if you want to download it to your Diablosport Tuner or if you don't have one, he is a Diablo Dealer and offers a discount with his tunes already installed. It's the best $125 I have spent!

MrSpeed 03-21-2013 02:38 PM

That sounds great but please give us periodic updates on your results so we know if things change over time such as improvement/reduction in mpg, PCM "learning" the tune and overriding it and returning the performance to stock or yielding even better performance, etc. :cheers2:

dizz1979 03-22-2013 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSpeed (Post 15170596)
That sounds great but please give us periodic updates on your results so we know if things change over time such as improvement/reduction in mpg, PCM "learning" the tune and overriding it and returning the performance to stock or yielding even better performance, etc. :cheers2:

The PCM is reprogramed, it does not return to stock. As for the mpg's I actually lost about two city mpg's with the Diablo stock 87 performance tune, but have seen them go back to pre tune levels after downloading the hemifever tune.

shudog 03-22-2013 08:24 AM

This is great news. I've been watching for news when someone would come out with something better than the standard diablo tune. When combined with the aftermarket intake, should see a decent improvement in mpg, maybe 1-2 mpg. At least I have on every other vehicle I've done that.

biker2k 03-22-2013 09:18 AM

how many people have gotten this tune?

dizz1979 03-22-2013 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biker2k (Post 15174536)
how many people have gotten this tune?

The answer..probably not enough!

kkreit01 03-22-2013 11:18 AM

I've only read the same positive results about Hemifever tunes. They are popular with the Ram crowd as well, and you can find before/after dynos. The best thing, his tunes are free if you buy the Trinity from him. Who wouldn't do that if buying a tuner anyway? I hope to purchase within a year for my new Ram.

doz 03-23-2013 12:20 PM

+1 for HFT. Best thing you can do to your GC. Stock Diablo tune is garbage compared to Sean's tune and his customer service is EXCELLENT. Glad to see others are starting to use him here.

biker2k 03-24-2013 12:54 PM

well i ordered a tune....
FINNALLY my truck dives like it is supposed to. only used if for a day or two so far
I havent even sent him my data log, so i suppose that it will get even better.
I will give it a little time and the custom tune before i report again, but it is MUCH MUCH MUCH better than the tune that came with the tuner...

I was running the diablo (93 tune) and I am using hemifever 93 tune now
gas mileage may have actually improved
I seems like even though i am beating on it the mileage dosent drop as fast as it used to, But i need more time on that as well

dizz1979 03-24-2013 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biker2k (Post 15185532)
well i ordered a tune....
FINNALLY my truck dives like it is supposed to. only used if for a day or two so far
I havent even sent him my data log, so i suppose that it will get even better.
I will give it a little time and the custom tune before i report again, but it is MUCH MUCH MUCH better than the tune that came with the tuner...

I was running the diablo (93 tune) and I am using hemifever 93 tune now
gas mileage may have actually improved
I seems like even though i am beating on it the mileage dosent drop as fast as it used to, But i need more time on that as well

Totally agree with you regarding how improve the Hemifevertuning is compared to stock Diablo tune and my mileage improved over the Diablo tune.

gator9329 03-24-2013 06:53 PM

thanks for the feedback

007-MEDIC 03-24-2013 10:09 PM

Sweet! My diablo should be here Tuesday. Wish I had known before but if I can save a but of MPG I'll gladly pay 125 more.

dizz1979 03-25-2013 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007-MEDIC (Post 15188321)
Sweet! My diablo should be here Tuesday. Wish I had known before but if I can save a but of MPG I'll gladly pay 125 more.

Not only the mpg, but the transmission shifts are totally different. The stock Diablosport tune took away about 2 mpg, the hemifever tune added it back in.

007-MEDIC 03-25-2013 09:37 AM

So you have to do the diablo first then send the results to hemifever? I see the 125 price point on their site but nothing about an 89 or 93 tune.

dizz1979 03-25-2013 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007-MEDIC (Post 15189772)
So you have to do the diablo first then send the results to hemifever? I see the 125 price point on their site but nothing about an 89 or 93 tune.

If you do not have a Trinity or intune he is a Diablosport dealer and will ship the tuner with his tune in it. Otherwise, if you already have a Diablo tuner, you email him the tune you are using from Diablo and the original tune on your cpm. He emails it back, you download it to your devise and the rest is history.

He does an 89 and 93 tune. I have the 89 tune in now and she flys!

The time now is 11:27 AM.