Help with a new lease in NYC just left the dealer - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Help with a new lease in NYC just left the dealer

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Safety Thimble FairleadsEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 09-29-2013, 03:33 PM   #1
dproto09

Help with a new lease in NYC just left the dealer

Hi guys, I feel like I'm being jerked around. I just came back from two dealerships and looking to lease a new 2014 GC limited with 8.4'' Nav, sunroof, tow package.

MSRP $41,375
There sale price is $39,725
Residual 55%
Money factor .00012 I cant remember something like that
$2,000 down
$456 monthly.

They don't seem like they want to go down at all. I also found out my Geico insurance offers a service with True car. Geico said If i print it out and take it to the dealership they will honor a sale price of $38,009 for that same truck.

Can anyone please help me to get a good lease for a 2014 GC limited. What should I tell them for a sale price and Residual?

dproto09 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-30-2013, 12:07 AM   #2
gooberphx420

Quote:
Originally Posted by dproto09 View Post
Hi guys, I feel like I'm being jerked around. I just came back from two dealerships and looking to lease a new 2014 GC limited with 8.4'' Nav, sunroof, tow package.

MSRP $41,375
There sale price is $39,725
Residual 55%
Money factor .00012 I cant remember something like that
$2,000 down
$456 monthly.

They don't seem like they want to go down at all. I also found out my Geico insurance offers a service with True car. Geico said If i print it out and take it to the dealership they will honor a sale price of $38,009 for that same truck.

Can anyone please help me to get a good lease for a 2014 GC limited. What should I tell them for a sale price and Residual?
As the former Internet Director for a high volume CDJ dealer, I can tell you it shouldn't be hard to beat a TrueCar price. When customers came in acting all proud of themselves for watching a TrueCar commercial, I just smiled and sold them the car and enjoyed my commission for a one hour, quick and easy deal.

Find the TrueCar price and email both dealers' Internet Departments advising them that the opposing dealer will sell for $1000 under TrueCar.

Side note, I just bought a '13 for $6000 under invoice.
gooberphx420 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-30-2013, 08:17 AM   #3
plynn7
2014 WK 

I just leased a v6 14 Overland with tech package sale price was $36,800. My payment is 357.00 a month including sales tax. If you go to Jeeps website and build your Jeep it will give you a estimated montly lease price thru Chrysler Capitol.
plynn7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-30-2013, 09:41 PM   #4
dproto09

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooberphx420 View Post
As the former Internet Director for a high volume CDJ dealer, I can tell you it shouldn't be hard to beat a TrueCar price. When customers came in acting all proud of themselves for watching a TrueCar commercial, I just smiled and sold them the car and enjoyed my commission for a one hour, quick and easy deal.

Find the TrueCar price and email both dealers' Internet Departments advising them that the opposing dealer will sell for $1000 under TrueCar.

Side note, I just bought a '13 for $6000 under invoice.
I tried that, the dealer don't want to budge from $39,000 with 55 Residual. I feel like they trying to hit me over the head.
dproto09 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-30-2013, 09:44 PM   #5
JeepMattGA
2014 WK 

Go to a different dealer.
JeepMattGA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-01-2013, 11:06 AM   #6
nyrhockey23

Unless you're using it for business purposes, $450/mth is a lot of money to throw away on a "rental". Go for a lesser car you can comfortably afford.
nyrhockey23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-01-2013, 11:17 AM   #7
eibyer

They won't budge because they know you like their truck Stop negotiating with them and go to another dealer and they'll call you back with a deal that just happened to come on.
eibyer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-01-2013, 01:37 PM   #8
Dave2002ti
Web Wheeler
2012 WK 

Why???

Do you have to lease? You might want to check with your bank or local credit union to see if they offer any lease deals. You should be able to find a credit union you can join. Navy Fed, Pen Fed and Apple are always offering great lease deals.
Dave2002ti is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-01-2013, 11:07 PM   #9
exl_ent_v6
2013 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by plynn7 View Post
I just leased a v6 14 Overland with tech package sale price was $36,800. My payment is 357.00 a month including sales tax. If you go to Jeeps website and build your Jeep it will give you a estimated montly lease price thru Chrysler Capitol.
$357?! Who's leg did you hump to get this deal? Did you put money down? How many miles? Please share more details... where'd you get it from?
-'10 Nissan Maxima SV (lease ended)
-'07 Honda Accord EX-L V6 (lease ended)
-'00 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP Daytona 500 (traded-in)
-'98 Pontiac Firebird W68 (traded-in)
-'96 Chevrolet Camaro RS (totaled)
exl_ent_v6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-01-2013, 11:12 PM   #10
exl_ent_v6
2013 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dproto09 View Post

Hey - I just PM'd you some contact info for someone I know in the area who brokers leases. You don't pay him anything. I've gotten great deals and referred many friends/family to him. Might as well see what kinda price he can get you.
-'10 Nissan Maxima SV (lease ended)
-'07 Honda Accord EX-L V6 (lease ended)
-'00 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP Daytona 500 (traded-in)
-'98 Pontiac Firebird W68 (traded-in)
-'96 Chevrolet Camaro RS (totaled)
exl_ent_v6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-02-2013, 07:03 AM   #11
BigNunz6
2015 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by exl_ent_v6 View Post
$357?! Who's leg did you hump to get this deal? Did you put money down? How many miles? Please share more details... where'd you get it from?
Yes please share the details..that deal sounds to good to be true
Unread 10-02-2013, 03:55 PM   #12
plynn7
2014 WK 

I dealt with a dealer who gave me 7 1/2% below invoice in addition I had a $500 direct mail piece and $1000 returning lease rebate. I was coming off a 2011 Overland lease that the payoff was $25,200 dealer gave $32000 for it, so another $6800 went toward the new lease. The dealer is just outside D.C.
plynn7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.