Help me decide! - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Help me decide!

Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 06-19-2014, 07:09 PM   #16
Jerseymark

Everyone seems to be voting for the wk2. So, ill have to stick up for the jk. I have a wrangler unlimited and my wife has a wk2. I like riding in the wk2 especially on longer trips but it would be boring for me if i drove it everyday. The biggest problem with the WK is that it only comes with an auto trans. Also the jk has a removable top and doors and feels more fun to drive.

On the other hand the wk2 is much more comfortable and better mpg. My eife had a jku that she traded for it and she loves the grand cherokee

So, either way you cant go wrong, test drive both and then decide

Jerseymark is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-19-2014, 07:27 PM   #17
RavenJeep
2014 WK 

I would say two different beasts all together. GC is a lot more refined and comfortable to drive long distances but the wrangler is a blast with the top off and going around town. Wrangler loud, GC quiet. etc...etc
RavenJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2014, 09:03 AM   #18
nyrhockey23

JKU & WK2 are day and night. We have a '12 JGC for the wife and love the smoothness and refinement of it, but i want to get a JKU for myself. It'll get worse mpg, rougher ride, more wind noise, etc but you cannot beat having the top down and doors off. Only 4-door vehicle you can do that in. If you have a family, kids will likely love the JKU.

If you have the space in your garage you can get both soft and hard top on the JKU and the hardtop which will make highway driving less noisy. Resale on JKU's is great so if you ever decide to sell your beating won't be anywhere as severe as in most other cars.
nyrhockey23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2014, 09:39 AM   #19
asorr1

UPDATE:

First thank you everyone for all the input.

So I finally had a chance to go and test drive both. I loved the Wrangler, don't get me wrong, beautiful truck but unfortunately not something I could see myself commuting to work in everyday. It was a fully loaded Sahara with the soft top which we test drove with it off, which was fine. For some reason, it felt cramped, even with the roof being gone. It drove decently, a little squirrely for my taste but not horrible. I felt like I was fighting with the road for something, it was insanely windy so maybe that could have had something to do with it.

Then I drove the GC and absolutely fell in love. It was a limited with the lux package which I would not be getting but it was all he had since someone had the regular limited out. It was awesome, I loved everything about it except for one thing. I was not a huge fan of the steering, It was very very loose. Almost felt like I could use one finger and turn the wheel, I wish it was a bit heavier. All in all it was great, I just learned that they removed the dual exhausts for the 2015 model and for some reason thats really bothering me so I will most likely be picking up a 14 Limited with the upgraded wheels later on this year!

I could not be more excited.
asorr1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.