HELP!!! 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > HELP!!! 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee...

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 11-08-2013, 12:11 PM   #1
sarahbwertz

HELP!!! 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee...

Can someone offer their advice? I need help (AND I cannot get anyone at my local Jeep Dealership to help...go figure). Okay, so my problems started about 2 months ago. My GC all of a sudden started having problems starting up (to the point where it would make a clicking sound when I pushed to start) after about 2 tries it would finally start. It continued and worsened...So, I replaced the battery (had it tested and confirmed that battery was no longer good). Yay, I thought my problem was solved! A few days later, same thing started happening again....except it would start and then immediately cut off. Several tries later I would finally get it to start. Which bring me to my latest problem which happened yesterday, As I am leaving work I noticed my car would not unlock with the remote (I had to actually take the key out of the remote and manually unlock the door)- I put the key in the ignition and tried to start it- nothing happened and then my key wouldn't come out!!! It was stuck, I mean really stuck- I tried everything. Finally, someone jumped my car off and it finally started- the engine revved very loudly (and no one did it- it did that all on it's own). Can someone please tell me if they have had the same issue? I am sooooo angry with this car. I have had 5 cars (all different) and never have any problems with one of them!!!!! Is this a hard fix? Expensive??? HELP!! :confused

sarahbwertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2013, 12:22 PM   #2
ArloGuthroJeep
Mr. Hyde!

2004 WJ 

Have you had the alternator tested?
Have you tested how much draw is occurring when the car is off and the computer is asleep (turn off car with hood popped and wait "some time" for everything to sleep, then measure draw).

Sounds like either a bad battery (unlikely since just changed), alternator not charging or intermittently charging, or an abnormal power draw occurring when the engine is off.

What Jeep do you have?
Unread 11-08-2013, 12:26 PM   #3
sarahbwertz

I have not had the alternator tested ( I will thought tomorrow). I didn't know I should test the draw ( I am not savy when it comes to cars). I have the 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited.
Unread 11-08-2013, 12:31 PM   #4
ArloGuthroJeep
Mr. Hyde!

2004 WJ 

http://www.wikihow.com/Find-a-Parasitic-Battery-Drain

Cars with their modern electronics can be VERY picky if they have too little power and act unpredictably.
Unread 11-08-2013, 12:33 PM   #5
sarahbwertz

What am I looking for when I measure the draw? See....I know nothing
Unread 11-08-2013, 12:49 PM   #6
ArloGuthroJeep
Mr. Hyde!

2004 WJ 

See step 4 in the link I sent you
Unread 11-08-2013, 12:51 PM   #7
sarahbwertz

Thank you!
Unread 11-08-2013, 01:44 PM   #8
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

There have been some reports of loose alternator wire/connection that exhibit similar issues. Some loose grounds can do this or a loose battery connection. Even a brand new battery go bad.
Unread 11-08-2013, 02:17 PM   #9
Dealer24028

I'd make sure this has been done. This issue is offen accompanied by intermittant RKE functions.
File Type: pdf 08-022-12.pdf (111.9 KB, 27 views)
Dealer24028 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.