Hello! New to Forum! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Hello! New to Forum!

JK specific skid plates from Clayton Off Road Mfg.RCV Heavy Duty Axle Shafts Now Shipping at Baseline4x4.comStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 12-02-2010, 12:18 PM   #1
WK24ME

Hello! New to Forum!

Just wanted to say hello! I'm getting real close to pulling the trigger on an 11 Overland V6 / Mineral Gray / New Saddle WK2! Been looking around for quite some time, and most roads lead me back to the Jeep. I've done quite a bit of research, and am very familiar with SUV's having owned 8 variants of SUV's (Land Rover, Cadillac, Infiniti, Lincoln, GMC, BMW, and even a 1995 Jeep GC) over the past 15 years.

Currently, I'm driving an 08 CTS Caddy that's coming off lease this Feb. My wife and I also just took delivery of a Land Rover LR4 HSE LUX which we absolutely love so far. I drive about 20K miles per year, so back in 08 I decided to go with a car again instead of an SUV. I like the Caddy, but it's not an SUV and I like the higher seating position and overall usefulness of the SUV to a car. Therefore, I'm back in the market for an SUV. We don't do much off roading, but we do pack a lot of stuff for long trips up north. We tow (small boat) very little, but I like the room and workhorse type capability of an SUV. We also deal with a fair amount of foul weather here in WI, so SUV's are very nice to have Dec. through Mar.

I'm pretty excited about getting into the new GC, and look forward to sharing my thoughts and experiences with the vehicle when I eventually pick one up. I probably won't be in to one until mid Feb.or so, but I've pretty much made up my mind what I want. May consider going to my dealer near the end of the month and see if they want to place an order to help boost year end, month end, qtr. end sales, etc. Last time I spoke to my AD, he mentioned something about 6 weeks for order placement. Does that sound right?

Anyway, hello again, and I'm sure I'll be stopping by periodically to see new posts and comments on the board.

Cheers,

Joe

WK24ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2010, 04:51 PM   #2
lucdog
Web Wheeler

1980 CJ5 

Welcome to jeepforums. I've been around since "06" My wife just bought a 2011,GC larado 4x4. Got it Tuesday of this week, 80 miles so far, Lots of info on this site, and a great place to spend some time.

Bill
1979 CJ7 360, TH400/Quadratrac trail Jeep.
1979 J20
1980 CJ5 trail Jeep.
1983 CJ7 pretty weekend and sometimes to work Driver in the summer, My first rebuild, if the Q-trac and 5 are broke, this one is the one to take. its just as capable as the other 2, except nice paint.
1984 Grand Wagoneer, 1 ton axles, great 360/727, and a big a$& tree fell on it .
1989 YJ the CJ to YJ conversion.
2005 TJ Rubicon.
2011 Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4, Mrs. LUCDOG's DD.
Lots of parts not for sale, i'm a hoarder.
lucdog is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.