Hate To Say It, But..... - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Hate To Say It, But.....

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Aluminum BumpersThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 11-28-2013, 10:13 AM   #46
oldmac1
2014 WK 

This is my 6th Grand Cherokee and I find the seats the most uncomfortable of the bunch on long trips. My other GC's had stiff seats but seemed to break in rather quickly. After about 8 hours driving I can feel the stiffness and need to stop more often and walk around a little bit. Having said that I will say that I would buy this 14 GC over again knowing what I know now. This is by far, except the seats, the best GC or other Jeep I have driven on a trip.

14 GC Overland
12 Liberty
08 Rubicon Unlimited
oldmac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2013, 11:03 AM   #47
Bengals1
2012 JK Wrangler 

We own two grand Cherokees. A 2012 limited/3.6 and a 2014 summit/HEMI. The limited so far has been a great vehicle. So far I'm not a fan of the build quility on my 2014 summit. Here's the negative list so far: wrinkled chrome spot on the front lower panel, fish eyes in the paint on the driver side finder flare. Passenger side rear finder flare is separating from the vehicle. Gas cover flap needs to be realigned. Scratch on A-pilar speaker cover. Weird white stain on passenger seat leather. and the radio keeps flashing red that the 911, needs to be serviced. Erwin Chysler has my jeep for the whole week. For there sake, it better all be fixed by Monday....
Bengals1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2013, 06:01 PM   #48
wriggly1dog
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals1 View Post
We own two grand Cherokees. A 2012 limited/3.6 and a 2014 summit/HEMI. The limited so far has been a great vehicle. So far I'm not a fan of the build quility on my 2014 summit. Here's the negative list so far: wrinkled chrome spot on the front lower panel, fish eyes in the paint on the driver side finder flare. Passenger side rear finder flare is separating from the vehicle. Gas cover flap needs to be realigned. Scratch on A-pilar speaker cover. Weird white stain on passenger seat leather. and the radio keeps flashing red that the 911, needs to be serviced. Erwin Chysler has my jeep for the whole week. For there sake, it better all be fixed by Monday....
Sorry to hear you are having so many issues. I have to admit, other than the uncomfortable seats, my limited is nice. It has beautiful paint, and the finish overall is outstanding. So far everything is working as it should. I love the convenience of having such a nice interface with my smartphone.

My wife has been berating me the last few days about my suggestion of giving my GC to my son. She said he will beat it and trash it. I used to have a 96 Cherokee that I gave him in 2006. He managed to smash it up pretty good the first month he had it.
He lives on 35 acres outside Divide Colorado at 8600 feet, and his driveway is red dirt, and about a quarter mile long. Needless to say, his cars are always filthy, and he doesn't believe in car washes (sarcasm).

So, I don't know, I may end up keeping the GC.....we will see.
wriggly1dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2014, 08:41 AM   #49
wriggly1dog
2014 WK 

Thought I would post a little update on my GC. I have noticed the more I drive it, the more I like it. The V6 is plenty fast enough, and the driving characteristics even with Eco on are really pretty good. I have become spoiled with the heated seats and steering wheel. The seats I b****ed about are slowly becoming more comfortable.
I almost bought a new Chevy Silverado, boy I am glad I did not go that route. Owners of the new Chevys are facing a major recall for engine fires.

We have had some crummy weather lately here in northern Illinois and the GC handles it without a hitch. The Michelin tires so many complain about perform beautifully for me. We have been hit with a lot of black ice in the area the last few days, and I am impressed with the tires.

I am growing fonder every day of the Jeep, and I have decided to keep it.

There is one caveat......I am not crazy about all the electric doodads. I enjoy them, it's just that computers can be rather delicate, and I do not care for nanny controls. I am a driver, and I know how to drive. One day the sun will hit us with a CME big enough to fry all this stuff, and our cars will make nice planters sitting in the driveway.
wriggly1dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2014, 01:04 PM   #50
Bullheadbud
2014 WK 

I bought 2014 GC Limited. Only have 500 miles on it so far but have to say the seats are quite firm and stiff. My 2009 V.W. Jetta has seats that are more comfortable. I have to assume the seats need to be broken in and until then, for long driving trips I will used a gel cushion which works just fine for me. Actually, most comfortable seats on what I own are on my 2013 RAM C.C. 1500. Made a trip last summer from AZ. to WA. and back and no problems with seat fatigue.
Bullheadbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2014, 06:18 AM   #51
MrBreeze

Glad it ended up working out for you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggly1dog View Post
Thought I would post a little update on my GC. I have noticed the more I drive it, the more I like it. The V6 is plenty fast enough, and the driving characteristics even with Eco on are really pretty good. I have become spoiled with the heated seats and steering wheel. The seats I b****ed about are slowly becoming more comfortable.
I almost bought a new Chevy Silverado, boy I am glad I did not go that route. Owners of the new Chevys are facing a major recall for engine fires.

We have had some crummy weather lately here in northern Illinois and the GC handles it without a hitch. The Michelin tires so many complain about perform beautifully for me. We have been hit with a lot of black ice in the area the last few days, and I am impressed with the tires.

I am growing fonder every day of the Jeep, and I have decided to keep it.

There is one caveat......I am not crazy about all the electric doodads. I enjoy them, it's just that computers can be rather delicate, and I do not care for nanny controls. I am a driver, and I know how to drive. One day the sun will hit us with a CME big enough to fry all this stuff, and our cars will make nice planters sitting in the driveway.
MrBreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2014, 11:32 AM   #52
Smeg
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Interesting read.
Wife has a 12 GC and I have an 06 TJ.
Her seats are like heaven compared to mine and it is overall a great purchase. Really super nice truck.
Unread 01-13-2014, 03:14 PM   #53
gabbagabba
2014 WK 

I would also chime in and state that the new software upgrades have been excellent. Prior issues with my navigation and radio freeze up are completely gone. The last transmission update they did was not so great, but then the one they just did, which I think was released in December, is excellent. All systems go!
gabbagabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2014, 12:50 AM   #54
vgrift
2014 WK 

Hmmm, I have a 2013 Mustang GT convertible, & a 2014 JGC Limited. The seats are quite comfortable in both, & so far I`m happy with both vehicles.
vgrift is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.