Hate To Say It, But..... - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Hate To Say It, But.....

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHut

Unread 11-23-2013, 12:47 AM   #16
wriggly1dog
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06 View Post
6'5" 235....yeah, a Cayman and Rubi are out. Try Here
Thanks for the link......bookmarked.

wriggly1dog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-23-2013, 12:52 AM   #17
wriggly1dog
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FranksWK View Post
Being sarcastic as im sitting in my seats and really thinking about the comfort level.... And i have to say they are pretty comfy... But the longest ive sat in them were for about 3 hours and never had a problem with comfort or quality with the materials used... Ive owned 4 jeeps and this is the best by far as far as comfort and capability (stock). Zero problems so far
My GC was on the sales floor at the dealership, and I sat behind the wheel for about a half hour. It felt fine. It was not till I drove my wife to the airport, which was about an hour each way, that it became a problem. By the time I got home, my left leg was asleep, and my back was killing me. I do have a bit of back trouble from a lot of hard years, so that is a factor.
Unread 11-23-2013, 04:54 AM   #18
MrBreeze

Well after 300 + cars (ranging in price from 55K to 300K) in the last 20 years I can tell you with 100% confidence there is NO such thing as a trouble free car. For my SUV's in the last year I went from a Range Rover to a QX56 to the 2014 Summit, and I like the Jeep most and it was less than half the cost of the RR. I happen to like the seats in the Summit though I am not that big a guy, but the seats in the RR are great and the adaptive sport seats (I have them in both my Porsche's) in the Cayenne are great but a very costly option. BMW makes a great seat too especially in the M version cars. I have a thing for seats a steering wheels in cars so I can relate. Good luck
MrBreeze is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-23-2013, 07:20 AM   #19
Kev M
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggly1dog View Post
My GC was on the sales floor at the dealership, and I sat behind the wheel for about a half hour. It felt fine. It was not till I drove my wife to the airport, which was about an hour each way, that it became a problem. By the time I got home, my left leg was asleep, and my back was killing me. I do have a bit of back trouble from a lot of hard years, so that is a factor.
Just in case you missed the obvious, have you tried tilting the seat (not the seat BACK, but the seat itself)? That can add support to your legs.

Me, I've found our Limited comfy for 6-8 hour drives, but I will play with seat tilt at times to get my legs in better positions.

But then again I'll also spend 8-10 hours a day on a much less comfortable motorcycle seat too...
Kev M is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-23-2013, 08:01 AM   #20
Trailguide
2012 WK 

I have a 2008 Mustang convertable supercharged and never a repair needed. I have a 2012 WK2 Overland with only a few very monor issues and I love it. Fit and finish great. Paint great. For what you pay its a steal. Only a small percentage of owners have issues that force getting rid of the car. Maybe I take care of my "stuff" better, don't know but needed to tell this.
Trailguide is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-23-2013, 08:24 AM   #21
Butterjeep
2012 JK Wrangler 

Ford F 150
Unread 11-23-2013, 09:52 AM   #22
henrysko
2011 WK 

Troll .
Unread 11-23-2013, 10:17 AM   #23
TheStringfellow
2014 WK 

Drove my 2014 GC for 5 hours straight the 2nd day i owned it. I have a history of back, hip and knee trouble. Indidnt feel a single twinge or any discomfort.
TheStringfellow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-23-2013, 11:20 AM   #24
Jackal01

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggly1dog View Post
Only partly. The decision would be mostly based on the lack of comfort the seats have. I am 6'5" & 235 lbs, and the seat cushion is way too short, and lacks any real bolstering. On top of that, they are hard. I am unwilling to soldier on and suffer the lack of comfort the GC provides. The ride quality is outstanding, and the performance of the V6 is fantastic. Were it not for the crappy seats, I would probably keep it.

As for the suggestions about the warranty, it's not about $$, I don't like owning vehicles that end up having to spend time in the shop for repairs. It's about convenience.

I used to own a Rolex Submariner, and I sold it, because I did not like the hassle of taking it back to the AD every few years to get it cleaned and adjusted. I now wear a G Shock, and I am much happier, and if it ever stops working, I will throw it out and get another.

I can only own so many cars, because of space limitations. I am fortunate that our kids are all grown, and out on their own, so I am able to have more toys, but I am still limited, so it's important to me that each vehicle maximizes it's potential for me.

I have a feeling there may be a new Silverado High Country to replace the GC in the near future.

We are all built different, and unfortunately, one size does not fit all. I have a friend that owns a Silverado High Country, and it is extremely comfortable, and I have made a few 10 hour runs down to Bull Shoals in Arkansas in it, and was very impressed.

To the individual that inferred that I am a spoiled rich person, try again pal. I am a retired farmer, and I worked for every dime I have. I auctioned off half my land last year, and I am having a good time enjoying the fruits of my labor.

Well if you are that big of a guy I don't think a GC in general is a good vehicle for you. Granted other owners are just fine I am sure but generally I think larger people should be in a larger and vehicles and the opposite of that. I would be looking at a pickup truck.

Jackal01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-23-2013, 12:09 PM   #25
wriggly1dog
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBreeze View Post
Well after 300 + cars (ranging in price from 55K to 300K) in the last 20 years I can tell you with 100% confidence there is NO such thing as a trouble free car. For my SUV's in the last year I went from a Range Rover to a QX56 to the 2014 Summit, and I like the Jeep most and it was less than half the cost of the RR. I happen to like the seats in the Summit though I am not that big a guy, but the seats in the RR are great and the adaptive sport seats (I have them in both my Porsche's) in the Cayenne are great but a very costly option. BMW makes a great seat too especially in the M version cars. I have a thing for seats a steering wheels in cars so I can relate. Good luck
I didn't want to sit here and wave my wallet under people's noses, but since you brought it up......it sounds like you and I have something in common.

Aren't 911's great. It's utterly amazing how they manage to fit tall folks so well. And for any doubters, go take a 911 for a test drive, and you will see what really comfortable supportive seats are about.

Vehicle size does not always equate with comfort. I own, and have owned much smaller cars that were superb as far as comfort. The Mustang I traded is a good case in point. You could spend all day in it, and never squirm in the seat at all. I failed to do due diligence on that car because I owned previous earlier versions (03 Cobra and 04 Mach1) and the Tremec transmissions were fine in those cars. Had I done my research, I would have found out that the Getrag MT82 trans in the new Coyote's are absolute garbage.
Anyway, this is a Jeep forum, and my story is about how the seats in the GC suck for "ME".
Unread 11-23-2013, 03:27 PM   #26
JeepGC6855
2014 WK 

I also have 6,000 trouble free miles on my 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited. I love the seats but that doesn't mean everyone will find them comfortable. However, I would probably never by an extended warranty. The place where I work currently have a Chevy Van, a Ford Van and a GMC pickup, all with mileage between 120,000 and 150,000 miles and have never had anything besides tires, brakes and normal oil and filter changes done to them. The last pickup that we did have problems with was in 1987 (engine and transmission, both covered under factory warranty) Most cars today are usually good for 100,000 - 250,000 miles without many serious problems (most cars but not all)
JeepGC6855 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-23-2013, 09:36 PM   #27
nyrhockey23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev M View Post
Guys, he says he's got the scratch and that's not the issue, he is just doesn't want the hassle of a repair..
Usually people who have money are some of the smartest spenders and don't go wasting money like the OP. He sounds more like those lottery winners you hear about that get their hands on a lot of money, spend it without regard and in a few years are back to being poor.
nyrhockey23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-23-2013, 09:49 PM   #28
wriggly1dog
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrhockey23 View Post
Usually people who have money are some of the smartest spenders and don't go wasting money like the OP. He sounds more like those lottery winners you hear about that get their hands on a lot of money, spend it without regard and in a few years are back to being poor.
There ya go.
Unread 11-23-2013, 10:52 PM   #29
clg82
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCase View Post
You should have went with an overland, much better seats, I can sit in them on 10 hour drives without issue, most comfortable I've ridden, much better than the Porsche or Kia... or limited.

Want no hassle, go BMW or Audi and pay the $$$ and hire a driver and car attendant
why would he want to spend the extra coin on an overland when he already wasted it on a crap ford.....than lost his @$$ when he traded it in........
clg82 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-24-2013, 11:48 PM   #30
mx71
2013 WK 

I haven't driven one yet, but the new silverados are supposed to be awesome. They made a TON of refinements in ride quality and comfort.

Last edited by Jackal01; 11-25-2013 at 09:09 AM.. Reason: No cussing, please. Edited.
mx71 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.