Hate To Say It, But..... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Hate To Say It, But.....

Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 11-22-2013, 04:41 PM   #1
wriggly1dog
2014 WK 

Hate To Say It, But.....

I bought a new 2013 Mustang convertible back in August. Long story short, reverse gear went out on the manual trans at 1000 miles. Ford repaired the trans, but sucked with the customer service. Took them 3 days before looking at the car, and never offered a loaner.

I traded it for a GC Limited. I jokingly tell friends it's a 38k Jeep that I paid 50k for, because of what I lost on the Mustang in the trade.

Since being on this forum, I am astounded at the number of issues and complaints with the new GC's. I have $$, so losing a little is not much of a motivator. What motivates me is "Hassle" or lack thereof.

I have yet to experience any real problem with my new (450 miles) GC, but it looks like it's only a matter of when, not if. So, I think this GC will join the aforementioned Mustang, and end up as a used car on some other dealers lot. I need to mention that the seats suck. They are only comfortable for short drives. Anything over 10 miles, and they blow.

Now I just have to figure out what I want to trade it in for. Suggestions would be welcome.

wriggly1dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2013, 04:50 PM   #2
FranksWK
2005 WK 

Kia sorento, i hear they're great
FranksWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2013, 05:21 PM   #3
bmoney12
2014 WK 

What a ridiculous post. I'm bet 95+% of GC's are trouble free. Go the German route... All my previous bimmers and AMGs have been rock solid. Or pick some thing from the top of the food chain below.

http://www.jdpower.com/content/press...lity-study.htm

Last edited by bmoney12; 11-22-2013 at 05:36 PM..
bmoney12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2013, 05:26 PM   #4
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Porsche Cayman.......2014 Rubicon if you want to go off road.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2013, 05:34 PM   #5
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

You should have went with an overland, much better seats, I can sit in them on 10 hour drives without issue, most comfortable I've ridden, much better than the Porsche or Kia... or limited.

Want no hassle, go BMW or Audi and pay the $$$ and hire a driver and car attendant
Unread 11-22-2013, 05:44 PM   #6
bmoney12
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCase
You should have went with an overland, much better seats, I can sit in them on 10 hour drives without issue, most comfortable I've ridden, much better than the Porsche or Kia... or limited. Want no hassle, go BMW or Audi and pay the $$$ and hire a driver and car attendant
I have no issues with my limited seats so far. I sat in an Overland and didn't notice anything different other than the piping. Did notice a difference between non lux group II limited seats and Lux group II seats though.

Last edited by bmoney12; 11-22-2013 at 06:03 PM..
bmoney12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2013, 06:18 PM   #7
andoskyy

Get an unlimited mileage bumper to bumper warranty for 2 grand and relax. Name another brand that'll do a bumper to bumper lifetime warranty for that money. Who cares what could possibly happen to yours based on some issues others are having. Warranties are for people like you, do it up.

If you trade in now, you'll lose wayyyy more money than you'd spend on a warranty or even multiple large repairs. Likely another 12 grand like you lost already.

Love my overland seats, did 6+ hours without a single stop.
andoskyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2013, 06:51 PM   #8
howardusa
1996 XJ Cherokee 

5,700 trouble free miles on my Grand Cherokee Limited. 14 hour drive to Destin Florida my butt wasn't sore when I got there. Only stopped for gas. Taking a three and a half hour drive to Branson Missouri .tomorrow. I have a four thousand mile journey planned for springtime.
Sounds like a lot of spoiled rich Kids n here complaining about everything that isn't absolute perfection.
howardusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2013, 07:28 PM   #9
Jackal01

2011 JK Wrangler 

Really? Going to base a decision (your leaning towards getting rid of it) of what others are experiencing?

Like others said, buy lifetime warranty.

Jackal01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2013, 08:01 PM   #10
Kev M
2012 WK 

Guys, he says he's got the scratch and that's not the issue, he is just doesn't want the hassle of a repair...

...personally then I suggest a bus....
Kev M is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2013, 11:00 PM   #11
FranksWK
2005 WK 

Like i said get a KIA!!! 100k/10 year waranty there great!!!!! Cant beat that right???
Unread 11-22-2013, 11:05 PM   #12
FranksWK
2005 WK 

Being sarcastic as im sitting in my seats and really thinking about the comfort level.... And i have to say they are pretty comfy... But the longest ive sat in them were for about 3 hours and never had a problem with comfort or quality with the materials used... Ive owned 4 jeeps and this is the best by far as far as comfort and capability (stock). Zero problems so far
Unread 11-22-2013, 11:40 PM   #13
wriggly1dog
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal01 View Post
Really? Going to base a decision (your leaning towards getting rid of it) of what others are experiencing?

Like others said, buy lifetime warranty.
Only partly. The decision would be mostly based on the lack of comfort the seats have. I am 6'5" & 235 lbs, and the seat cushion is way too short, and lacks any real bolstering. On top of that, they are hard. I am unwilling to soldier on and suffer the lack of comfort the GC provides. The ride quality is outstanding, and the performance of the V6 is fantastic. Were it not for the crappy seats, I would probably keep it.

As for the suggestions about the warranty, it's not about $$, I don't like owning vehicles that end up having to spend time in the shop for repairs. It's about convenience.

I used to own a Rolex Submariner, and I sold it, because I did not like the hassle of taking it back to the AD every few years to get it cleaned and adjusted. I now wear a G Shock, and I am much happier, and if it ever stops working, I will throw it out and get another.

I can only own so many cars, because of space limitations. I am fortunate that our kids are all grown, and out on their own, so I am able to have more toys, but I am still limited, so it's important to me that each vehicle maximizes it's potential for me.

I have a feeling there may be a new Silverado High Country to replace the GC in the near future.

We are all built different, and unfortunately, one size does not fit all. I have a friend that owns a Silverado High Country, and it is extremely comfortable, and I have made a few 10 hour runs down to Bull Shoals in Arkansas in it, and was very impressed.

To the individual that inferred that I am a spoiled rich person, try again pal. I am a retired farmer, and I worked for every dime I have. I auctioned off half my land last year, and I am having a good time enjoying the fruits of my labor.
Unread 11-22-2013, 11:45 PM   #14
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

6'5" 235....yeah, a Cayman and Rubi are out. Try Here

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2013, 11:45 PM   #15
wriggly1dog
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FranksWK View Post
Like i said get a KIA!!! 100k/10 year waranty there great!!!!! Cant beat that right???
I suspect you are not serious, but while it may not be a Kia, my oldest daughter, and her daughter bought two Hyundai Accents back in 2007, and neither of them have needed any trips back to the dealer for warranty work. Other than oil changes and new tires, both cars have been perfectly reliable. They are surprisingly comfortable too.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.