grill upgrade - Limited to Sumitt - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > grill upgrade - Limited to Sumitt

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 05-15-2014, 11:41 AM   #16
Clirry
2014 WK 

Just tried but I failed. Just afraid to break new jeep. So guess I ll go with whole bumper removal. Have to get rivet tool first. Ugh! But hey steve- thanks for trying help me.

Unread 05-15-2014, 12:46 PM   #17
rk1538
2014 WK 

Thanks, will try this.
rk1538 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2014, 01:25 AM   #18
dewai
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCase View Post
Forum sponsor http://moparonlineparts.com sells the same part for $21. Just for Jeeps is always high on parts and shipping, but their customer service may be worth it. You could also pick one up at you local dealer parts desk for about $30, less if your dealer offers discounts to those who purchased the vehicle there... saving you the shipping hassle.... Your call.
Wow, both of those sites have obscenely high shipping. Makes that an easy choice to pick the part up at the dealer. $42 from moparpartsonline.com and $39 from justforjeeps.com to Seattle.
dewai is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2014, 08:27 AM   #19
Clirry
2014 WK 

Rk1538---

Made it yet? lol
Unread 05-19-2014, 10:05 AM   #20
saxe1125

looks good! I just ordered one at my local dealer. I plan to plastidip it black as well. I'm wondering whether I should just pay more and do the overland/srt one instead...
saxe1125 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2014, 01:04 PM   #21
rk1538
2014 WK 

Yes did it. works well.
rk1538 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-20-2014, 07:24 PM   #22
diesel_dice

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevekcropper
When you lift the hood there is a piece of black plastic that is horizontal accross the top of the grill. It looks like it is a seperate piece to the grill but is in fact all in one. There is a gromet on each side that holds it in place, remove this by prising it upwards with a flat head screwdriver. This horizontal trim can then be released but as stated above it is one piece with the grill, you can bend it forwards enough with the grill to get your hands behind. The best way to get the grill released is a lot of pressure directly from the front, once some of the tabs pop you can try and prise it further with a flat head screwdriver. Hope this helps.
Thanks for the information. I installed mine tonight, and I'm pleased with the look. I upgraded to the Summit inserts on my 2014 Limited. I must say, I've never worked so hard to install a $30 part. However, the advice I in this post made it attempt-able. I was able to remove the entire inner grill holder with relative ease, but getting it exactly back in its original position was tricky. Anyway, thanks for the information. I'll try to post a photo.
diesel_dice is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-21-2014, 06:01 AM   #23
Clirry
2014 WK 

All done and the grille was chrome. Of course one can of plasti dip, looks much better than stupid stock grille inserts.

cheers
Unread 05-28-2014, 07:00 AM   #24
i20sailor
2014 WK 

Installed last night. Less than 30 min install and just a few scrapes on the arms. $26.00 out the door at local dealer. Left it chrome and love the look.
i20sailor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2014, 03:50 PM   #25
Rtadams1
2014 WK 

I tried finding this part for my new Limited but the part has either dramatically increased in cost or I'm looking at the wrong thing.

Can someone please confirm the part number for the honeycomb grill and the approximate price? Thanks a lot.
Rtadams1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2014, 04:25 PM   #26
smljeep
2014 WK 

I can't find these for anything near the prices you guys are saying on any site.....

Building high performance custom homes at Smith Mt. lake, VA!
www.PDandM.com
smljeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2014, 04:48 PM   #27
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

Do a google search for part number 68143075AB, and you may find some still in stock at the old price. http://www.moparpartsoverstock.com/p...8143075AB.html for one.. Dunno if they have any left. You can also try an eBay search.
Unread 07-12-2014, 06:03 PM   #28
Rtadams1
2014 WK 

Thanks very much for the recommendation, I just bought one from them. Hopefully, they'll honor the price. Thanks again.
Unread 07-14-2014, 02:34 PM   #29
Rtadams1
2014 WK 

Unfortunately, Chrysler has increased the price dramatically on the grill (around $160). I still may make the plunge but bummed I missed the cheaper price.
Unread 07-16-2014, 06:18 PM   #30
AJ191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtadams1 View Post
Unfortunately, Chrysler has increased the price dramatically on the grill (around $160). I still may make the plunge but bummed I missed the cheaper price.
What in the hell?! Anyone have any clue why they would do this?
AJ191 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.